Why I believe the Great Tribulation started in 70 A.D.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ Yeah, it eventually dawned on me this is what you must've meant. It's fine. :)

[have you ever been in a convo IRL, and accidentally said "son of man" instead of "man of sin" but didn't realize it till long after the convo took place and the members of the convo had parted? LOL... that's what I did in my previous post. HAHA--will try again (if I must) at another time, lol]

Good night, all! :)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I believe the word 'these' in Luke 21:12 is referring only to the things mentioned in Luke 21:10-11.

Jul 23, 2018
You can actually calculate the date/time from Daniels time line but you can also get it from timing a particular verse in the bible.

I'm fully convinced that the very moment (minute) of writing this verse (below), is the moment antichrist took reign/ and the church era begun/ end times begun:

Rev 14:
13And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, “Blessed are the dead—those who die in the Lord from this moment on.

“Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them.”

Q. When do you think this verse was written? Around what period was Revelation written?
And the fact that Jesus in that same chapter appears in heaven gatersxa people (ripe fruit,NOT wheat or barley) as the last harvest.
A rapture DURING THE GT.

Jul 23, 2018
And, I am telling you - in the nicest way I can while still being direct - you are wrong. You were taught error.

"Just sayin'..."
What ministry agrees with you.
Where did this idea come from?

Jul 23, 2018
I was on periscope for a long time and got acquainted with many Jews in Israel. They are waiting for Messiah to come. And many calling for Him to come. Though they don’t realize they are calling for Yeshua, our Saviour.

And they won’t listen to hearing who they are calling for.

One of the pastors I sat under for years said that the church is like an interruption in time. The time of the gentiles to come into the kingdom. Now there’s being prophesied that there is coming a movement that I think is the harvest of the end, for it’s an evangelistic move of God similar to the ministry of Billy Graham.

Doesn’t the time of the catching up come after the harvest? Then it’s when the body of Christ is taken, that a false messiah appears and is accepted. The anti-christ.

So then great tribulation comes upon all those who will not take the mark of the beast. It seems to me that the beast would be complete loyalty to this antichrist and the mark would be to take on the character of the antichrist.

It’s a time then for those refusing to take the mark but has become loyal to God and His Christ. And great tribulation for them. This would be those in Israel, and any gentiles left who knew truth but never surrendered.

Though I may be wrong for I haven’t studied.

Then a war with Jesus then appearing.

A simple view obtained by things heard over the years,

But, I know most all prophetic words say He’s at the door now. Be ready.
The catching up IS the harvest.
3 harvests
Barley
Wheat
Grapes.

We see the grapes in rev 14

Ripe fruit.

A harvest (catching up) during the gt

Jul 23, 2018
And the fact that Jesus in that same chapter appears in heaven gatersxa people (ripe fruit,NOT wheat or barley) as the last harvest.
A rapture DURING THE GT.
Gathers not gnopershed you dummy
Lol

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The catching up IS the harvest.
3 harvests
Barley
Wheat
Grapes.

We see the grapes in rev 14

Ripe fruit.

A harvest (catching up) during the gt
Interesting absolutely. This is new info to me and I think will be a good study. Thanks. Going to check.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
What ministry agrees with you.
Where did this idea come from?
Abs, pay attention. GaryA's viewpoint is the "Historicist" viewpoint.

He's also pointed that out, sometime during this thread (if it's not completely evident by the OP title! :geek: )

It's held by many (though it is not my viewpoint... I've already stated why)... but the viewpoint held by GaryA is not unknown/uncommon. ;) I suggest looking it up, if you wanna know who all holds to that viewpoint...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
if it started in ad 70 why has it lasted this long and when was 2 thessalonians 2:8 fulfilled? shouldnt Jesus have returned already?
Why a long time?

Because, God's "timing" - with regard to the prophetic timeline of human history - is slow-and-long and not fast-and-short.

I am of the general belief that 2 Thessalonians 2:8 has not been fulfilled yet.

I believe that Jesus will not return until the last souls that will be saved - indicated in Revelation 11:13 (I believe) - are saved.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I believe that Jesus will not return until the last souls that will be saved - indicated in Revelation 11:13 (I believe) - are saved.
There will be a multitude of souls saved after the Second Coming of Christ.

I thought this thread was supposed to be kaput.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
GaryA's viewpoint is the "Historicist" viewpoint.

He's also pointed that out, sometime during this thread (if it's not completely evident by the OP title! :geek: )
I'm not making any "official" statement to that effect. I was told by someone on CC some time ago that he thought that might be the appropriate label for it.

All I know for sure is that I believe some of the Olivet Discourse / Revelation End Times prophecy has been fulfilled - and some has not - and that, the prophecy (as a whole) is "spread out" over a ~2000 period of time - [generally] from First Coming of Christ to Second Coming of Christ.

Whatever you might want to call it, that is the simple description.

Sep 8, 2019
USA
How can Revelation have happened in 70 AD if all the generations from then came and went?

The Apocalypse, which is by interpretation the Revealing of the great and mighty God in his full glory, and all the events leading up to it happen during the last generation that are cursed to suffer but not die, until the full wrath of the indignation of God is poured out upon their wicked heads. Jesus will come and take up those 144,000 pure ones that lived throughout all time and they will help Lord Jesus destroy the world and they will praise Jesus for eternity. Upon these chaste men of the first resurrection there shall be no judgement because they are without any fault before the throne of God. Praise Jesus!

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
There will be a multitude of souls saved after the Second Coming of Christ.
Nope - the second time He comes to judge and execute vengeance upon all of the 'evil' on the earth.

EDIT: All who will be saved will have been saved before He returns - including the 144,000.

Sep 8, 2019
USA
Nope - the second time He comes to judge and execute vengeance upon all of the 'evil' on the earth.

EDIT: All who will be saved will have been saved before He returns - including the 144,000.
You're close. The 144,000 are the ones who get the first resurrection and to judge the earth for 1000 years, these will not pass through Judgement, they only are raised because they were pure and not defiled by the women. Everyone else, even those that will be found to be saved gotta go through judgement day., this is the second resurrection which takes place after Lord Jesus totally destroyed heaven, earth, and hell and throws them into the hellfire and then God's glorious Kingdom reigns forever, praise Jesus.

Sep 8, 2019
USA
Is anyone here arguing that all of Revelation took place in 70 AD?
None of Revelation took place in 70 AD, John did not even write the letters until later. I guess some just want to take away the warning and prophecies of the book, may their names be taken out of the book of life, praise Jesus.