Why I believe the Great Tribulation started in 70 A.D.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Early on in revelation the martyrs cry out "when will you avenge us" they were confined to a area under the altar.
Then they are told to wait because their number was/is not complete.

Right after that we see millions/billions (innumerable number) NOT UNDER THE ALTAR but before the throne.(killed in the gt)
Meaning their number is complete.

As IAMSOANDSO pointed out ,no mark,and no jews worshipping ac equals no gt.....it is future.
I believe:

The souls under the altar are the martyrs from the Dark Ages.

The ones they are waiting for/on are those who are killed for not worshipping the beast.

BOTH groups are "tribulation saints"...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Right after that we see millions/billions (innumerable number) NOT UNDER THE ALTAR but before the throne.(killed in the gt)
Meaning their number is complete.
Surely you don't think that the souls are still under the altar at this point...?

After all - their number is complete - right?

Consider that the great number before the throne - which came out of great tribulation - includes the souls that were under the altar.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Ist century history offers some interesting forshawdow events of the real end of this age. But the possibility of 1st century fulfillment of Bible prophecy ended when the book of Revelation was given. Before the Revelation it was very possible.

Nov 23, 2013
I believe:

The ones they are waiting for/on are those who are killed for not worshipping the beast.

The alter is the table Christ’s body lay on in the tomb. Those under the alter were those literally under the alter, under the earth in Abraham’s bosom.

White robes (righteousness of Christ) were given to them.

You’re literally getting a view of Abraham’s bosom just prior to the resurrection of Christ.

Nobody here will receive this so no need to respond and derail y’alls discussion. :)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The alter is the table Christ’s body lay on in the tomb. Those under the alter were those literally under the alter, under the earth in Abraham’s bosom.

You’re literally getting a view of Abraham’s bosom just prior to the resurrection of Christ.

Nobody here will receive this so no need to respond and derail y’alls discussion. :)
How does "killed as they were" fit into all of that...?

Jun 10, 2019
I believe:

Who do you think persecuted Christians during what your calling the dark ages? It’s my understanding the dark ages began with the fall of Rome

Nov 23, 2013
How does "killed as they were" fit into all of that...?
Well righteous Able was one of them and below are several more.

1Ki 19:14 (KJV) And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

Here’s another picture of the 5th seal.

Zec 3:2 (KJV) And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
Zec 3:4 (KJV) And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Jun 10, 2019
Huh I didn’t know that in the France revolution By July 1796, the estimated dead in the vendee region numbered between 117,000 and 500,000, out of a population of around 800,000

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Who do you think persecuted Christians during what your calling the dark ages?
The Holy Roman Empire.

It’s my understanding the dark ages began with the fall of Rome
The "fall of Rome" was really Rome changing form. Look above to see what it changed into...

Jun 10, 2019
Even Paul got wrapped up in it

Jun 10, 2019
In my view anyone who dies by others for being a Christian even the one 3 minutes ago is a saint.

Jul 23, 2018
Surely you don't think that the souls are still under the altar at this point...?

After all - their number is complete - right?

Consider that the great number before the throne - which came out of great tribulation - includes the souls that were under the altar.
They are no longer under the altar.

Jul 23, 2018
I believe:

Widen that.
Lots of believers were martyred way before then

Jul 23, 2018

No
The scene is is heaven.
That idea of Christs tomb being an altar has no biblical continuity

notuptome

May 17, 2013
When the great tribulation occurs the church will be absent. The great tribulation is an even focused on Israel. If you are here to witness the event first hand you are in great peril. It will be a time far worse than anything ever endured by mankind.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Jul 23, 2018
One could say that great tribulation started for the nation of Israel then, but actually it was the dispersion that happened for them that was prophesied to happen.

Funny how the church seems to block out Israel as if it would never rise again. But it’s here! So wherever in the time period that Israel rises again? That’s where we are. The last of the last days, when the fulfillment of the Gentiles is completed. And the world turns attention to Jerusalem.

I don’t know much about the happenings now but I do know this.
After the pretrib rapture the ac is actually empowered to kill christians.
And all refusing the mark die.
Those staying behind are the shut out virgins in mat 25
Iow,for some,it will be the first time they had to stand for anything.
And they will die for their beliefs.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
They are no longer under the altar.
You mean "right now"...?

But, they [must] wait until "the rest" die during the GT - so that they are under the altar until the end of the GT.

Which point in time has not yet been reached.