why is evil out to get me so much?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 28, 2017
I honestly hate being a teenager, I would rather be a toddler or kid or a full adult. Like teenage life is hard and awful and this is what the enemy attacks the ABSOLUTE!!! Most. Especially for Christian teenaged girls, our life is so hard. So the enemy has to use things like spiritual attack from either guys or other teenaged girls to attack out faith. Pressure into completely changng how we were created just to appear beautiful to Worldly guys and judgemental Teen girls. I find the most wordly carnal minded teens in the mall and in makeup shops. I honestly t
Don't like this American life style and this American Dream garbage. I'm not trying to sound I'm thankful, but after a while you will get sick of this everyone having a competition with you and sizing you up and being so judgemental. Ok so If I don't want to dress like I have no respect and just throw myself out there, then most of these worldly guys especially young ones and teen girls have to think of as a ugly girl or a plain Jane. If I prefer not to wear any makeup, girls think of me as lazy and everyone thinks I am just too ugly to wear makeup. People make fun of me for dressing modestly. I guess this is the new modern age where people who still want to dress with class are often made fun of. Especially in these secular sinful schools nowadays, it is impossible to remain holy around some of these sinful kids and teens nowadays. I'm not even trying to say this to be judgemental, I experienced all my life in school, nothing is innocent anymore and school dances are absolutely digusting and vulgar. The USA has really become a godless nation. We are the most racist and segregated, the msot judgemental and with the most suicides and bullying. We are never satisfied and always need more. We commit the most gluttony and waste food like food eating contest while other countries are starving to death. None of use care to even send good to the starving countries. We continue to buy things we don't need and then we throw it away. We have corrupted all holidays and acting as if it's all about money. We are considered the richest country, but yet the most unhappiest. Marriages are failing and fornication and adultery are just everywhere.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
We should not be always thinking about gaining the approval of those that have no respect for the Message of God..

Great freedom comes when we stop trying to gain the approval of our lost piers..

In the end the only thing that matters is our eternal relationship with God..

So let the worldly run after worldly things..

We know what's best..

We know what has Eternal Value..

We know this life is short compared to Eternity..

And teenage years are even shorter in relation to our normal life spans..

Think of Eternity. Think how long your life will be after these teen years. Focus in the Light at the end of your tunnel..

That Hope will give you strength to endure. The disrespect you receive from this world will be like water off a ducks back..

Jesus said::

John 15: KJV

18 "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. {19} If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."

S

Stranger36147

If the enemy is out to get you, you must be doing something right. Continue on and ask God for protection and strength to get through this.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I was not a Christian when I was a teenager. I remember it as the worst time in my life. In fact, if I could trade my severe bed-ridden Rheumatoid Arthritis years for being a teenager again, I would not.

Between hormones, and all the things you mentioned, for some of us, the teen years are hard! In my day, drugs were big, and free love! It was a nightmare!

But, there is good news! Eventually, you do grow up and out of the teen years. You stabilize, find a career, maybe a spouse and children. You travel, and you serve God.

As for evil attacking you, probably just growing up. Things do go wrong, even for Christians. The rain falls on the just and the unjust, kind of thing!

Life is worth living, just keeping hanging onto Jesus! It is worth it!

D

Depleted

I honestly hate being a teenager, I would rather be a toddler or kid or a full adult. Like teenage life is hard and awful and this is what the enemy attacks the ABSOLUTE!!! Most. Especially for Christian teenaged girls, our life is so hard. So the enemy has to use things like spiritual attack from either guys or other teenaged girls to attack out faith. Pressure into completely changng how we were created just to appear beautiful to Worldly guys and judgemental Teen girls. I find the most wordly carnal minded teens in the mall and in makeup shops. I honestly t
Don't like this American life style and this American Dream garbage. I'm not trying to sound I'm thankful, but after a while you will get sick of this everyone having a competition with you and sizing you up and being so judgemental. Ok so If I don't want to dress like I have no respect and just throw myself out there, then most of these worldly guys especially young ones and teen girls have to think of as a ugly girl or a plain Jane. If I prefer not to wear any makeup, girls think of me as lazy and everyone thinks I am just too ugly to wear makeup. People make fun of me for dressing modestly. I guess this is the new modern age where people who still want to dress with class are often made fun of. Especially in these secular sinful schools nowadays, it is impossible to remain holy around some of these sinful kids and teens nowadays. I'm not even trying to say this to be judgemental, I experienced all my life in school, nothing is innocent anymore and school dances are absolutely digusting and vulgar. The USA has really become a godless nation. We are the most racist and segregated, the msot judgemental and with the most suicides and bullying. We are never satisfied and always need more. We commit the most gluttony and waste food like food eating contest while other countries are starving to death. None of use care to even send good to the starving countries. We continue to buy things we don't need and then we throw it away. We have corrupted all holidays and acting as if it's all about money. We are considered the richest country, but yet the most unhappiest. Marriages are failing and fornication and adultery are just everywhere.
For someone who hates to be judge, you just ranted a full post of your judgement.

Bad news. Of all the malarky you just posted, nothing changes when you become "an adult." If you let God work on you the one thing you need changed will change -- you.

I'm not unhappy. You are! Pretty bad, since, supposedly, you have the Lord taking care of you.

D

Depleted

If the enemy is out to get you, you must be doing something right. Continue on and ask God for protection and strength to get through this.
If that is the enemy. Frankly, it doesn't sound like him. It sounds like her.

Dec 28, 2016
I respect your concern for holiness and ability to see and denounce the ungodliness of our nation. Keep your eyes on Christ.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Seeing as how EVERY post you have made so far, is all doom and gloom and negative, it's no wonder that you feel satan is after you. You dabble in the occult, ouija boards and such. You obsess over EVERYTHING that you deem evil. You freak out about seeing numbers everywhere. Stop seeing everything as evil. Stop focusing on it and giving it attention. Give it all over to God and stop obsessing..

All your posts are full of "I I I".. Stop focusing on yourself, START focusing on GOD. Try being more positive for once.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
It's amazing that the more you think of Christ, the fact that He loves you, the fact that He will never leave you...all those positive things lead to joy and peace! Try it sometime! Put Satan on the run by deafeating his goal to bring you down! When we magnify God...He lifts us up! Less you, more Jesus! Works every time sis!
Light brings about goodness...
Evil brings about darkness...

Last edited:

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
So many of us had a tough time in our teen years. Thank God he had a plan for us, regardless if we knew him or not, he was there.

F

FenceMan

Actually, there is truth to this. Your teenage years are some of the years in your life that you have the most influence, at least in the US. You don't have to be the most popular or attractive to have some older folks copying you in small ways. For all the criticism you might receive, you are the face of a new generation just beginning to mature so take advantage of this key time in your life. Point them to Jesus and show them how we ought to live.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
You might change your profile name to one that actually declares how God sees you - "Beloved", etc.
I just don't like to see you labeling yourself so negatively, because if you begin declaring what you are with Jesus living in you - "Overcomer", etc., your entire focus will change.

Jesus has the greater power - but you must believe it and declare it over your life.

Nov 14, 2016
***don't be discouraged***let your light shine and see the darkness scatter***I grew up in the 60's with drugs, sex, and rock and roll---saw the light and dropped the crud***hang in there***great is your reward in heaven...

G

Gracie_14

i so understand! i agree completley. being a teenager as well is extremely hard for me in these days

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Actually, this doesn't sound like a teenager to me. The person who pranks again?

Becky87

Nov 27, 2017
I understand where you are coming from, when I was a teen, it wasn't always cool/popular to be dressed modestly, or to be a Christian. But as in the previous comments, God has a plan for your life and He knows the struggles that you are dealing with. You may not see right now who you are influencing by continuing to dress conservatively and follow God's leading/direction, but one day, maybe not even while you are here on earth, you will see how God was leading you. I know it may not be easy to understand right now, but God has the perfect plan for your future in mind, including how your life will look. One of the things that my youth pastor taught me when I was around your age was younger was to keep a journal of the things that God is teaching/showing me and what He is doing in my life as well as prayer requests and what I was going through. I found it extremely helpful, and still do, now when I look back at my old journals and am able to see how God was working in my life and sometimes I can see why I was going through a certain struggle.
Another thing that I learned when I was younger and I think it is vital for every young woman to know is that God has created you beautifully and you are priceless in His eyes, and really His eyes are the only ones that matter!