Why Moses and Elijah were at the transfiguration.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
We are gonna have to agree to disagree on that one sis.....;)
Interesting... because perish means to destroy utterly, and/or to the uttermost.

Apollumi: Strongs Concordance # 622

I already tipped you off with the Greek terms, and their legit meanings. I would urge you to proceed with that study.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I'm familiar with the Greek terms.

The fact remains: God cannot be tempted, Jesus Christ was tempted on all points like as we are.
I take it that this eternality was, is and always will be uninterrupted. And uninterruptable.
Rev 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Another fact that you might care to notice:
The dragon, beast and false prophet are the unholy trinity counterfeits who will rise up in the 70th week tribulation.

Yet the Unitarians fail to grasp this parallel?

Here behold here the Holy Trinity......together in one verse.
Isa 48:16
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Dec 21, 2020
I take it that this eternality was, is and always will be uninterrupted. And uninterruptable.
Rev 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Another fact that you might care to notice:
The dragon, beast and false prophet are the unholy trinity counterfeits who will rise up in the 70th week tribulation.

Yet the Unitarians fail to grasp this parallel?

Here behold here the Holy Trinity......together in one verse.
Isa 48:16
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
You're trying to change the subject...

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Interesting... because perish means to destroy utterly, and/or to the uttermost.

Apollumi: Strongs Concordance # 622
apollymi
The KJV translates Strong's G622 in the following manner:
perish (33x), destroy (26x), lose (22x), be lost (5x), lost (4x), miscellaneous (2x).

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. to destroy
    1. to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin
    2. render useless
    3. to kill
    4. to declare that one must be put to death
    5. metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell
    6. to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed
  2. to destroy
    1. to lose
From ἀπό (G575) and the base of ὄλεθρος (G3639)

I would take the time to look at all of the usages and forms before rendering such an oblique opinion......:sneaky:

Dec 21, 2020
I would take the time to look at all of the usages and forms before rendering such an oblique opinion......:sneaky:
It's cute how some people like to minimize the positions of others with derogatory pronouns and smirking smilies.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
There is no need to prove something if it's not possible for it to fail.
Ah but there is - if I have something you are ignorant of or do not trust my voicing for it, it must be proven.

The teating/proving of Christ is a legal process, testimony and evidence being entered into the court. It should be understood in that context.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Jesus' life is indestructible now. He was raised immortal, never to die again.
If that were the case He would not have been made a priest until after He had already performed many of His roles as priest: instructing others, washing them, offering His body as the sacrifice for sin.

Joelightening

Feb 27, 2023
The reason they were there was to represent the water and the blood.
Elijah, the water, and Moses, the blood.They were standing along with Jesus as The Two Witnesses.Which are the covenants.
So on Mount Tabor you have the Spirit(Jesus) water(Elijah) and blood. (Moses)

The first shall be last,and the last first.
Moses(blood) was before Elijah.(water) Get it?

Matthew 17:5
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Revelation 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Some people say "so and so are the Two Witnesses because they represent the Law and the Prophets"
At the end of that road it all leads to his covenants.His Two Witnesses.They were there at the transfiguration of Jesus.And will be there at the transfiguration of the 144,000.Who will give the testimony of The Two Witnesses.And those who hear,and believe will be transfigured.
They were there to tell Jesus about his departure from Jerusalem. This would happen at his crucifixion, departure into paradise, and ascension into Heaven.

Dec 21, 2020
Ah but there is - if I have something you are ignorant of or do not trust my voicing for it, it must be proven.

The teating/proving of Christ is a legal process, testimony and evidence being entered into the court. It should be understood in that context.
I believe Jesus Christ was literally, actually, tempted or tested. I believe that he could have sinned, and the fact that he did not means something. Jesus is the "second man," the "last Adam." Both Adams were men, and both were created alike in that neither initially had a sin nature. The first Adam was tempted and failed, condemning himself and all his progeny (everyone) to death. The last Adam, Jesus Christ, committed himself to be obedient to God even when he did not want to (Luke 22:42), and then he willfully gave his life for the sins of mankind.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
It's cute how some people like to minimize the positions of others with derogatory pronouns and smirking smilies.
OK. So are you going to examine those references? Or cry me a river?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Agree. That is the basis for the entire process that must needs be fulfilled. From the Jordan all the way to the cross.

Mat 3:15
But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

Dec 21, 2020
OK. So are you going to examine those references? Or cry me a river?
"Perish" means perish. The wicked will be "cut off," the unsaved will die the second death, and be gone. Even the devil himself will eventually be burned up (Eze 28:18-19).

Here you go: :)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
"Perish" means perish. The wicked will be "cut off," the unsaved will die the second death, and be gone. Even the devil himself will eventually be burned up (Eze 28:18-19).

Here you go: :)
Here you go buddy. Enjoy!
Much obliged to our resident CC scholar @TheDivineWatermark .....:geek:

https://christianchat.com/threads/hell-sheol-hades.206073/post-5024485

(but recall, I'm pointing out "CHRONOLOGY" issues... where in THESE verses below, the CHRONOLOGY is such that SOMETHING "recovering" FOLLOWS it [not so in the other occurrences under discussion, per the CHRONOLOGY issues I'm pointing out]):

Dec 21, 2020
Here you go buddy. Enjoy!
Much obliged to our resident CC scholar @TheDivineWatermark .....:geek:

https://christianchat.com/threads/hell-sheol-hades.206073/post-5024485

(but recall, I'm pointing out "CHRONOLOGY" issues... where in THESE verses below, the CHRONOLOGY is such that SOMETHING "recovering" FOLLOWS it [not so in the other occurrences under discussion, per the CHRONOLOGY issues I'm pointing out]):
While I respect DWM, and agree with him on several things, this is not one of them. And admittedly, I find the formatting of his posts difficult to read at times.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
While I respect DWM, and agree with him on several things, this is not one of them. And admittedly, I find the formatting of his posts difficult to read at times.
OK. But he is right about this one. As usual.
BTW, I have mastered the skillz required to read his posts quickly and accurately. It took a while but the diligent labor and sweat equity invested paid off handsomely. I must have hundreds of his posts bookmarked. I use them all of the time when preaching given the opportunity.

Dec 21, 2020
OK. But he is right about this one. As usual.
I disagree. Your agreeing with him does not mean he is correct.

BTW, I have mastered the skillz required to read his posts quickly and accurately. It took a while but the diligent labor and sweat equity invested paid off handsomely. I must have hundreds of his posts bookmarked. I use them all of the time when preaching given the opportunity.
Great!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
apollymi
The KJV translates Strong's G622 in the following manner:
perish (33x), destroy (26x), lose (22x), be lost (5x), lost (4x), miscellaneous (2x).

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. to destroy
    1. to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin
    2. render useless
    3. to kill
    4. to declare that one must be put to death
    5. metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell
    6. to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed
  2. to destroy
    1. to lose
From ἀπό (G575) and the base of ὄλεθρος (G3639)

Ah, yes, your opinion is concise and stellar compared to the murky oblique opinions of others, of course! :p

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Ah, yes, your opinion is concise and stellar compared to the murky oblique opinions of others, of course! :p
Why thank you.......:love:
I had a great teacher in @TheDivineWatermark

Truth be told, the rebuttals (the few there are!) are lacking vigor and chutzpah. This has to be said.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

Truth be told, the rebuttals (the few there are!) are lacking vigor and chutzpah. This has to be said.
You have much still to learn grasshopper. This had to be said.
I only hope I did it with enough vigor and chutzpah. Still working on that.

Dec 21, 2020

Truth be told, most people would not be satisfied with ANY rebuttal that opposes their view, no matter how much "vigor and chutzpah" it has. This too has to be said. :)