Why the New is better than the Old

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You can bookmark them. Though I dunno how helpful that'll be.. :unsure:
Learning to learn this site is blind luck. You click on stuff and certain things happen, try the same thing and nothing happens. There appear to be many glitches, like clicking on the arrows under your screen name. Sometimes you can see the information that is hidden and other times you click on the scroll arrow and nothing happens. Thing is a nuisance, better to just list everything with each post as before.

Now, you don't know a member's age even if their profile allowed for this and if you are new to the site or new members join you don't know whether the member is a man or a woman. This is important to know as it can determine the type of reply to a post.

I don't even know what a bookmark is although I believe that was also a feature of the old format.

I don't see any instructions at all in how to navigate the site or even a section listing the rules of conduct.

I like this thread though and also the thread about embracing the changes because the peeps share info on what they have discovered about what works and what doesn't. Two best thread on the new format so far.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Obviously there's going to be a learning curve involved here :)
For all parties involved. If you think it's different on your end think how much more different it is on RoboOp's end. CC had been on the vBulleting format for longer than I've been around.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
For all parties involved. If you think it's different on your end think how much more different it is on RoboOp's end. CC had been on the vBulleting format for longer than I've been around.
And God bless him for that! Talk about perseverance :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I like how the format adjusts to the width of whatever device you are using.

One thing I am wondering though, is why the page links are on the opposite side of the page to the scroll bar. It is somewhat inconvenient and counter intuitive to have it that way. I also do not see the ability to jump back up to the top of the page like the old platform had. Is that gone, too?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
It's the teeny tiny up arrow at the verrrrry bottom of the page.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Is there themes for the forum to change colours? Especially for mobile, I can't seem to find if there is.

Another forum I'm part of just recently migrated to new forum software that has themes.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
I have not been on CC for the last week or so and just got a notification. Wow this new set up is very different. This is going to take awhile to get used to but it reads like a major upgrade.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Hebrews 8:6 - But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hebrews 8:6 - But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Ummm, what does this have to do with whether this site is better than the old one or not? :unsure::unsure:

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Ummm, what does this have to do with whether this site is better than the old one or not? :unsure::unsure:
I was responding to the first part of the OP - “Yes the New Covenant is way better than the Old Covenant.” :)

Jan 27, 2013
I do like the new CC but I also liked the old. I had for example uploaded some pictures to some folders on my page. But they are all gone with this new CC which is very sad to me, cause I wanted to download them back to my computer. I also had customized my profile page which is also gone. I like the new cc, I just want my pictures back :D

Dec 12, 2013
I do like the new CC but I also liked the old. I had for example uploaded some pictures to some folders on my page. But they are all gone with this new CC which is very sad to me, cause I wanted to download them back to my computer. I also had customized my profile page which is also gone. I like the new cc, I just want my pictures back :D
Same here...I lost a 212 page book in my blog on the 2nd Coming of Christ