Will I ever get a good wife of Christ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Yes. And there's nothing wrong with hating the ones who hate Jesus, there is?
That wasn't the attitude Jesus had. And it's pretty arrogant for anyone to think that because the Jesus lived in and was executed by a Jewish system that that makes that system the most evil in existence. I'm willing to bet that Jesus would have been executed by any society he showed up in, especially if it was integral to God's plan that such happen.

Sep 29, 2021
No doubt you have heard complaints of Christians also?

Ah, yes, you even have your own!
But hey, I said nothing about them! I just stated that I did know little about them.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
believe in the Talmud (Bible of Satan) and are destroying the world
Ummm
The Talmud is a collection of fictional stories that help the Jews understand the principles that scriptures teach...kinda like Aesop's fables. These are moralistic stories...like "Sour Grapes" But just thousands of years old.

Sep 29, 2021
Why single out the Jews among unbelievers?
Because they are the ones who killed Christ. They are Satans in human form.

They are the ones who created Communism and enslaved my country, destroyed our churches and corrupted our morals.

Sep 29, 2021
Ummm
The Talmud is a collection of fictional stories that help the Jews understand the principles that scriptures teach...kinda like Aesop's fables. These are moralistic stories...like "Sour Grapes" But just thousands of years old.
And a collection of blasphemies that even hurt my hears...

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Is this what do you understand as "loving" your enemy?

Are you sure the "love" Jesus mentioned is the "love" you understand?
I studied this story hard and investigated it because it was seemingly out of character of Jesus.

What had happened was that the Jews had turned the Temple into a scheeming scamming marketplace. This was the location for the Samaritan's to pray at the Temple. They believed in God but couldn't get to the inner courtyard to pray like the Jews could...they had to stand (if they could) next to the merchants selling overpriced animals and moneychangers haggling over exchange rates to pray with security guards protecting the moneychangers...giving everyone the evil eye.

Even still this marketplace was full of Jews who later would be trapped in the Temple when Rome besieged the Temple. Jesus was trying to save the average working person even though they were working in the wrong place.

People don't give up money easily...but Jesus was still trying to save them from a much more serious fate...and was resorting to more corporal methods to try to save them.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

They are the ones who created Communism and enslaved my country, destroyed our churches and corrupted our morals.
Christ died for the sins of the world, not because of any one group. The Jews didn't kill Jesus either - it was the Roman occupied forces. They were just the instrument of His death and not the cause of why He died.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
And a collection of blasphemies that even hurt my hears...
Im not sure what you are referencing then...I have several collections of Talmud stories...some are absolutely fantasy...others more simply absurd...none are evil or coarse...well maybe one or two might be considered coarse by today's standards.

I really don't understand your blasphemy assertion...nobody believes these stories to be true. How are they blasphemous?

Is Goldilocks and the Three Bears blasphemy? Sour Grapes? Frog and the Scorpion?

These are all stories just like what you would find in the Talmud.

Sep 29, 2021
Im not sure what you are referencing then...I have several collections of Talmud stories...some are absolutely fantasy...others more simply absurd...none are evil or coarse...well maybe one or two might be considered coarse by today's standards.

I really don't understand your blasphemy assertion...nobody believes these stories to be true. How are they blasphemous?

Is Goldilocks and the Three Bears blasphemy? Sour Grapes? Frog and the Scorpion?

These are all stories just like what you would find in the Talmud.
It's strange you didn't realize that Jesus is called son of a Roman soldier and a harlot in that book.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
It's strange you didn't realize that Jesus is called son of a Roman soldier and a harlot in that book.
No...
That's a completely different book. That's not Talmud that is coming from a collection of stories called pseudopigrapha...aka false writers. This includes such works as the Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Mary and etc. None of that is Talmud. The writers of pseudopigrapha are not Jewish. These were just people trying to make quick money from Royalty in the years after 300 AD.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Please get it through your head that the Romans put Christ to death.

Were the Jewish leaders complicit? Sure they were. And they are held responsible also.

If you want to talk about corruption in the church, we will need to discuss Roman Catholicism.

Although there were false teachers right from the get-go. Catholicism codified it though.