Will I go to hell because I am quick to anger?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024
Again, a bait thread,

Just sayin

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
So throughout my life many things have set off my anger to a good point..
I was told it might be part of a disability like meltdowns.. What i am wondering does God understand this could be part of my disability and will it send me to hell?
ASk God to endow you with the fruit of the Holy Spirit(gal 5). Follow II Peter 1. Repent daily and ask our Lord to fill you with the Holy Spirit every hour.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
So throughout my life many things have set off my anger to a good point..
I was told it might be part of a disability like meltdowns.. What i am wondering does God understand this could be part of my disability and will it send me to hell?
God knows that we will be angry sometimes, so anger itself is not a sin.

The bible says, "Be angry and do not sin" - Ephesians 4:26 (ESV)
It also says, "Do not let the sun go down on your anger" (same verse)

I used to have anger issues because I often have pain in my back or knees and I'm often under stress and have CPTSD (but others have it much worse than me), and I had to learn not to act out. It takes restraint, but it's the Godly thing to do and it definitely feels better afterwards instead of feeling ashamed.

God doesn't like when people act out with anger:
Moses was angry when he struck the rock twice in the desert because there was no water and and the people were complaining. God punished him because he acted out and because he was supposed to be representing God. (see Numbers 20:10-13)

I hope this helps. God bless.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I got it. I’ll do better
Lol, well, I’m going to try and be more understanding 😎

This is awesome, Burn. Not many people would come to this, and I wholeheartedly applaud you for being willing to see other's perspective.

To be completely honest, I've felt many of the same frustrations you've expressed in your post. I've been in a church where people would literally ask God what they should wear that day, and I was left feeling like, "Should I ask God if it's ok for me to get a glass of water?!"

Believe me, there are those of us who can relate to what you're feeling about these things and you're not alone. I've also seen you pray with/for several people in the Prayer section, so many thanks and kudos to you for having a heart for other people.

This is the great thing about this forum -- we're all here to work through our struggles, challenges, anger and frustrations -- together. :)

Glad to have you here!

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
In case this was a serious question... when I was younger, 20's -30's, I had a pretty bad temper.... anger over things I had no control over.
It was basically immaturity.... almost wanting to be mad about things that happened.... I finally came to the conclusion that I was going to have to calm it down, or probably die of a heart attack before I hit 35....
I have become a person that is pretty laid back about nearly everything... almost TOO calm... however, there are times that the "old man" tries to come back around, and I have to really remind myself of what really matters.

"Don't sweat the small stuff..... and it's ALL small stuff" is a trite saying, but there is a lot of truth in it.
I keep reminding myself, this world is not our home.... you can overcome anger, but it takes a sea change in your outlook on daily living. Not everything that happens is a personal affront to you, which is the way I used to see things.

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024
This is awesome, Burn. Not many people would come to this, and I wholeheartedly applaud you for being willing to see other's perspective.

To be completely honest, I've felt many of the same frustrations you've expressed in your post. I've been in a church where people would literally ask God what they should wear that day, and I was left feeling like, "Should I ask God if it's ok for me to get a glass of water?!"

Believe me, there are those of us who can relate to what you're feeling about these things and you're not alone. I've also seen you pray with/for several people in the Prayer section, so many thanks and kudos to you for having a heart for other people.

This is the great thing about this forum -- we're all here to work through our struggles, challenges, anger and frustrations -- together. :)

Glad to have you here!
Well I’m certainly not there yet 😊

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
why when Mdot is doing road work, they block off two lanes for the day and there are not workers, nor vechiles in that area?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
why when Mdot is doing road work, they block off two lanes for the day and there are not workers, nor vechiles in that area?
It's like leaving your coat on the pew when you go to Sunday school class. They are saving their seat for later.