Will The Holy Spirit Remain After The Rapture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
Some pastors say yes the Holy Spirit will leave the earth after the Rapture of the Church. I believe the Holy Spirit will not leave. Why? Because the bible teaches us that people will be saved after the Rapture of the Church and during "The Great Tribulation."

P

pjharrison

Some pastors say yes the Holy Spirit will leave the earth after the Rapture of the Church. I believe the Holy Spirit will not leave. Why? Because the bible teaches us that people will be saved after the Rapture of the Church and during "The Great Tribulation."
The body of Christ will not be raptured. We will face persecution. Everyone that does not take the mark of the beast will not be able to buy or sell. Some will be killed others will be put in jail. And it will be like the time of Noah. There will be monsters on the earth. (demons)

Apr 15, 2017
Of course the Holy Spirit will remain on earth after the resurrection because God is an omnipresent Spirit, and there cannot be any place that He does not dwell, lol.

The Bible says the saints on earth cannot be gathered unto Christ until the man of sin claims to be God by harnessing the power of nature, and there is no personal God, which happens in the middle of the 7 years period.

That is because as long as the world can repent of their sins, and be saved, the saints are not going to be resurrected, and when the world follows the beast, and takes the mark which has to do with technology, then the saints on earth will be gathered unto Jesus.

But the Bible says the beast makes war against the saints, and prevails against them, and shall destroy the mighty and holy people, and they are given in to his hands for the last three and one half years.

There is only 2 resurrections, one of the saints before the millennial reign, and one after the millennial reign, and whoever does not get caught up in the first resurrection has to go to the second resurrection.

Also the Gospel must be preached in to all the world as a witness unto all nations, and then the end will come, which then comes the end when the Son shall deliver up the kingdom to the Father.

So the world knows about the Gospel, and Jesus said whoever does not get caught up in the resurrection claiming Christ shall have their portion with the hypocrites, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, and once He shuts the door and they knock it is too late.

So once the resurrection happens no Gentile can be saved, for if they were of the world they rejected the truth for all will know of the Gospel, and if they were claiming Christ and did not get resurrected they were hypocritical and lost the chance at salvation.

If the resurrection of the saints on earth happens pre-7 years period no Gentile can be saved after that point.

But the beast makes war against all saints worldwide, so there has to be Gentile saints on earth, which there cannot be if it is pre-7 years.

And it cannot be the Jews for they are protected from physical attack on Israel, and all the Jews are back on their land and not scattered in the world anymore because of the Middle East peace treaty, which God said He is not going to leave any of the Jews in the nations anymore so He can turn Israel to the truth.

Also the wrath of God is not in the 7 years period, for the first three and one half years salvation is still available to the world, and the 6 trumpets are warnings to the world to turn to God, for He is giving the world a chance to turn to Him and cease their agenda of trying to establish peace and believing in evolution and they can still evolve with no personal God above them.

And the beast has power to rule for the last three and one half years, so the wrath of God is not there for if it was how does the beast have power to rule.

The wrath of God is after the 7 years period.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The body of Christ will not be raptured. We will face persecution. Everyone that does not take the mark of the beast will not be able to buy or sell. Some will be killed others will be put in jail. And it will be like the time of Noah. There will be monsters on the earth. (demons)
I disagree. Rightly divide the word of truth.

What if a member of the body of Christ takes the mark of the beast?

So, only part of the body of Christ will suffer the great tribulation since most are dead or will be dead by that time.

Nov 12, 2015
It depends on what "he who restrains will be taken out of the way" means, I guess.
We know there will be two men preaching the gospel...
And we don't know what angels will be doing to warn men to repent even at that late date...

Feb 28, 2016
read and study the scriptures - with your whole hearts, only then will
His answers come forth,,,

P

pjharrison

I disagree. Rightly divide the word of truth.

What if a member of the body of Christ takes the mark of the beast?

So, only part of the body of Christ will suffer the great tribulation since most are dead or will be dead by that time.
Rev: 13: 10
10 “If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity they will go.
If anyone is to be killed[c] with the sword,
with the sword they will be killed.”[d]
This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.

Nov 12, 2015
Some read the scriptures as h inting that there will be a gathering together and then afterwArds some will listen to the 2 witnesses, and some will realize their friends or families who were gathered were telling the truth, and will come to God then. They think that those will be the persecuted ones.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I believe the Holy Spirit will not leave. Why? Because the bible teaches us that people will be saved after the Rapture of the Church and during "The Great Tribulation."
I am sure that you are aware that many -- all the OT saints -- were saved BEFORE the Holy Spirit was poured out on the day of Pentecost. Therefore it will not be necessary for the Holy Spirit to be present during the Tribulation and the Great Tribulation. Indeed it would be an absolute necessity for the Church and the Spirit to be in Heaven in order for Satan and the Antichrist to take total control of the earth for 3 1/2 years (Rev 13:4,5). After that will come the Great Tribulation, a period of severe divine judgments.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (42 months = 3 1/2 years).

Nov 26, 2012
I hope I’m not here to find out. However first, it calls to speculation that the “restrainer” is the Holy Spirit. Second, it doesn’t say the restrainer is moved off of the planet, just out of the way. Third, before the Holy Spirit, people were saved so why not if He was removed?

Nov 26, 2012
I am sure that you are aware that many -- all the OT saints -- were saved BEFORE the Holy Spirit was poured out on the day of Pentecost. Therefore it will not be necessary for the Holy Spirit to be present during the Tribulation and the Great Tribulation. Indeed it would be an absolute necessity for the Church and the Spirit to be in Heaven in order for Satan and the Antichrist to take total control of the earth for 3 1/2 years (Rev 13:4,5). After that will come the Great Tribulation, a period of severe divine judgments.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (42 months = 3 1/2 years).
Your comment made me wonder, does the Holy Spirit manifest power without Christians? It seems to me that we are like the receivers who give physical application. It would be like a radio signal, without any radios. Although the waves are still there and transmitting, a lack of receivers means no one will hear it. I think it’s more like the central nervous system in the Body of Christ, connecting the limbs, to work as one.

Nov 12, 2015
I hope I’m not here to find out.
Pray that you may be counted worthy to escape those things, those tribulations coming on the whole world to test its people. Pray that He remove s your dross now. Accept chastening and accept all circumstances He puts you in as for your good. Keep the trust even when you can't imagine what He is doing in a certain circumstance. 👍

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Rev: 13: 10
10 “If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity they will go.
If anyone is to be killed[c] with the sword,
with the sword they will be killed.”[d]
This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.
Got to go back to chapter 12 to help with context...God's people is Israel in the passage, not the body of Christ.

Nov 12, 2015
I rather think it applies to all on earth at the time. Just my opinion.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
This idea that the Holy Spirit leaves the Earth at the rapture is part of a whole erroneous system of last day interpretation that
claims that Israel and the church have different paths to salvation. There is only one way of salvation for humanity as a whole and that is in the individuals belief and faith in the finished work of Christ.

Nov 12, 2015
This idea that the Holy Spirit leaves the Earth at the rapture is part of a whole erroneous system of last day interpretation that
claims that Israel and the church have different paths to salvation. There is only one way of salvation for humanity as a whole and that is in the individuals belief and faith in the finished work of Christ.
I haven't heard anyone say that Israel will be saved in any different way than trust in Jesus...

P

pjharrison

Got to go back to chapter 12 to help with context...God's people is Israel in the passage, not the body of Christ.
This revelations. It's about the Body of Christ. The Jews and gentiles are all grafted in together. How did you miss that?

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
There will be no rapture and we are already deep into the great tribulation.

Jesus Himself said before the end of age everything will be NORMAL just like the days of Noah and Lot; people will be marrying and being given to marriage, drinking and eating.

Examples of things that are not normal; angels flying mid air blowing trumpets/ 7 headed beasts coming out of the sea/ people flying off to the space beyond clouds and many others.
Everything that is described in the book of Revelation is happening and we are almost there trust me.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
2 Thess 2:3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

If one reads the scripture carefully one will see that the Holy Spirit is not taken away but taken out of the way.

At the rapture the church will be taken into the presence of Christ and the Holy Spirit in the church body will go along. The Holy Spirit still has a ministry in the earth until the Lord consumes the wicked one with the Holy Spirit of His mouth. The mystery of iniquity works even now but cannot reveal all that is coming until the church is gone.

Who is light in this age if not the church? The church would be genuine believers not all that calls itself church is true church. The church is Israel's only real friend in this world and the church will be gone. All the evil one can hurl at Israel she will receive. Tribulation is not for the church but for Israel.

For the cause of Christ
Roger