Women cannot have authority in the congregation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 11, 2020
You don't have to submit to Jesus as you have a choice in that matter. Even if you did submit He would not Lord it over you.
I'm sorry to inform you that I DO have to submit to our Lord Jesus. Just because I have a choice does not make rebellion free from retribution. I wouldn't teach what you have just taught. You've just given the advocates for silence some nice ammunition.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm sorry to inform you that I DO have to submit to our Lord Jesus. Just because I have a choice does not make rebellion free from retribution. I wouldn't teach what you have just taught. You've just given the advocates for silence some nice ammunition.
I really don't see how you have to submit unless it's by force. Of course, submitting to the Lord is my personal choice as well. You chose well.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Samson the Nazirite of God comes to mind. How were his locks a shame?
The Nazirite vow has nothing to do with women and their long hair. Samson was commanded to maintain his long hair as a Nazirite, but in general men were to cut their hair. Women, on the other hand, were told to not cut their hair, thus it became a shame for a woman to cut her hair. However, this if off topic.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Women cannot have authority in the congregation or over their husbands.
1 Corinthians 14: 34-35
1 Timothy 2: 11-12
Hello and welcome to CC...

Are you wanting to discuss this topic, or are you just wanting to take verses out of context and throw them at us?

If the former, then let's discuss. If the latter, just find another site to frequent, because you won't get much grace here.

Jun 11, 2020
I really don't see how you have to submit unless it's by force. Of course, submitting to the Lord is my personal choice as well. You chose well.
Oh, but it is by force. Not force applied by my Lord, but force applied by me to deny myself. The Lord said over and over that to be worthy of Him we have to (i) deny ourselves and (ii) take up our cross daily. Galatians 5:17 teaches us that a monumental battle rages right within us; "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would." The solution is to be rather violent with oneself on many occasions. So Matthew 11:12 says; "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."

I don't mean asceticism. I mean that my old man - the flesh, sometimes wants to go one way, and the Lord says to go another. To obey the Lord might entail some loss. Obedience costs. Look what it cost Jesus. I don't always succeed, but to obey the Lord Jesus is not always easy. Just tonight I prepared a response to a poster who attacked me. It took 15 minutes. At the end of it, the Lord said to me; "Is that conciliatory?", and brought to mind 2nd Corinthians 5:18 where we are given a ministry of reconciliation. I wanted to set the record straight and the Lord wanted me to swallow the rebuke. To wipe out 15 minutes work, and take the blows, took force - by me. And for every time I win, I lose the battle in another event. Thank the Lord Jesus for His longsuffering. Under Law I would, by now, be in serious trouble.

Go well sister.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Oh, but it is by force. Not force applied by my Lord, but force applied by me to deny myself. The Lord said over and over that to be worthy of Him we have to (i) deny ourselves and (ii) take up our cross daily. Galatians 5:17 teaches us that a monumental battle rages right within us; "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would." The solution is to be rather violent with oneself on many occasions. So Matthew 11:12 says; "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."

I don't mean asceticism. I mean that my old man - the flesh, sometimes wants to go one way, and the Lord says to go another. To obey the Lord might entail some loss. Obedience costs. Look what it cost Jesus. I don't always succeed, but to obey the Lord Jesus is not always easy. Just tonight I prepared a response to a poster who attacked me. It took 15 minutes. At the end of it, the Lord said to me; "Is that conciliatory?", and brought to mind 2nd Corinthians 5:18 where we are given a ministry of reconciliation. I wanted to set the record straight and the Lord wanted me to swallow the rebuke. To wipe out 15 minutes work, and take the blows, took force - by me. And for every time I win, I lose the battle in another event. Thank the Lord Jesus for His longsuffering. Under Law I would, by now, be in serious trouble.

Go well sister.
Actually, I'm a brother but I get your drift. :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
There have been countless threads on this topic. There are many instances in the bible where God has place women in positions of authority. There has been endless debate and discussion on this for years and I have yet to see any member that was persuaded to change their perspective one way or another.
This thread has to be a bait thread, there is no way that this many threads on this topic have been made in such a shot amount of time for the purpose of actually discussing it.

I think people just get bored or something and want to make threads they know will raise war

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This thread has to be a bait thread, there is no way that this many threads on this topic have been made in such a shot amount of time for the purpose of actually discussing it.

I think people just get bored or something and want to make threads they know will raise war
I believe this as well.

L

lenna

Is this what it means to jump the shark?:cool:
I had to look that up

wiki:

Jumping the shark is an idiom used to describe a moment when something that was once widely popular, but has since grown less popular, makes a misguided attempt at generating publicity that instead only serves to highlight its irrelevance.

I would say it is definitely less popular to force women to be quiet . safety first ;)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I believe this as well.
Justy out of curiosity I might go through the pages and count how many of these kinds of threads have been made in the recent month or two I wish there was a way to search for threads like you can with searching usernames.

Maybe I can just type women and see what pops up. Honestly if this kind of thing keeps going on I might talk to once fallen about limiting threads of this particular nature, if it was for actual discussing and learning that would be different but I have not seen any good come from them

L

lenna

Justy out of curiosity I might go through the pages and count how many of these kinds of threads have been made in the recent month or two I wish there was a way to search for threads like you can with searching usernames.

Maybe I can just type women and see what pops up. Honestly if this kind of thing keeps going on I might talk to once fallen about limiting threads of this particular nature, if it was for actual discussing and learning that would be different but I have not seen any good come from them

just tried women, authority and preach in the 'keywords' section and the history of the world comes up. try to get some sleep though. it will all still be there in the morning along with the bonus feature of who said what in any given thread

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
just tried women, authority and preach in the 'keywords' section and the history of the world comes up. try to get some sleep though. it will all still be there in the morning along with the bonus feature of who said what in any given thread
Well I had typed women and actually I expected worse results but only about six have been made this year so far

L

lenna

authority. what is it and can you handle it. an excerpt from one of my posts in a thread of similar nature

here is the dictionary definition:

the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.
"he had absolute authority over his subordinates"

sure seems to be a very clear definition and I do not fit that profile and frankly, I don't think most women would

frankly, I would not let even a pastor have that kind of authority over me whether he be male or not.

enforcing obedience is what usually goes on in a cult. maybe submit one to another is a far better description of what should go on in a Christian community than giving orders that one must obey or be forced to obey

L

lenna

Well I had typed women and actually I expected worse results but only about six have been made this year so far

aha

but how many pages are they? that is the true test of an argument debate here ;)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

The thing about limiting similar topics in threads is that the site adds new members all of the time and they didn't have the chance to make their voice known regardless of their point of view. In the 6 years I have been a member there probably has been at least 20 of women can't teach men / must be submissive / and keep quiet in church threads.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The thing about limiting similar topics in threads is that the site adds new members all of the time and they didn't have the chance to make their voice known regardless of their point of view. In the 6 years I have been a member there probably has been at least 20 of women can't teach men / must be submissive / and keep quiet in church threads.
Yeah that is true new members do come a lot and it isn't like everyone makes these threads just to argue, I don't have an issue with it if it is for the right reason but when it is made just to argue or assurt mans dominance over women it just really gets under my skin.
In the singles forum a ways back idk how many months ago a person like this told my friend ruby to submit to him it took everything I had in me to not release my rage on him I cannot stand such people