Women Equality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Women's Equality to Men: Do you want

• 100% Equality

• Just a increase in equality

• You are happy as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
T

TheIndianGirl

We live in a fallen world, so women need to have equality rights on education, work, and finances to maintain some independence if the marriage falls apart (able to leave an abusive marriage), or if she needs to support the family and not rely on charity. If she doesn't get married, which God doesn't mandate, she needs to be able to support herself.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I appreciate my rights as a woman. But I am against women abusing their rights. Or women who don't respect, humiliate or abuse their spouses since they have higher income or they are the breadwinner.
Grammar is a beautiful thing.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
A study of history may be in order.
The family is getting more and more disfunctional because of this equal rights like the LGBTQ. Same sex marriage. Children having both men or women as parents. Women who abuse their spouse because they feel superior and they eventually get divorced. Women equal rights has somewhat made society better but not always.

Feb 28, 2016
GAL. 3:28.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female:
for you are all one in Christ Jesus'.

for sure we are all ONE in CHRIST; but, Christ is 'subject to The Father, the husband is subject to Christ,
and the wife is subject to the husband, and the children are subject to the parents = an Holy Order:
there is equality, but also there is an Order, simply because the buck has to STOP some where...
this is where we must give our own 'will' over to our Heavenly Master/Creator -
this is where we must prove our LOYALTY to God's Spiritual Order for our future in God's Holy Kingdom'...

D

DWR

I think that women should have complete control. Look at all the nations where women are in control. Their countries are doing great! Lol.( Funny, but true)
OH, but they do!
They just let us men think we are in control while all the time controlling us.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
======================================================================================
Tour,
what the heck does your response mean???

hay, are u missing your own sense of humour???
:):)
Not exactly sure what response of mine that you are referring to but, I kid you not, I am not missing my sense of humor. :)

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
That’s not an equal rights thing. It’s mutilation of the clitoris to cause the woman to receive no pleasure from sex so she won’t stray. It’s done in the Middle East. Hardly a thriving equal rights area.
You don't think the 2018 ruling (in the US, not the Middle East) that the law against FGM was unconstitutional was part of this equal rights nonsense?

Sep 13, 2018
I like how it is currently, or maybe like 10 years ago. Sadly more people are going for gender neutrality rather than feminism. To me being a feminist is having it so women get equal opportunities for work, pay, and healthcare (saving abortion of course) but without ignoring the strengths and weaknesses that the separate genders have.

When you hear a “feminist” toting the “all men are idiots” notion then it’s just sexism. Sexism is sexism, whether it be a man to a woman or a woman to a man.
So, you are against women having a say over their own physical being ? Huh.

K

kaylagrl

OH, but they do!
They just let us men think we are in control while all the time controlling us.

I hope this is said in jest...

Nov 26, 2012
You don't think the 2018 ruling (in the US, not the Middle East) that the law against FGM was unconstitutional was part of this equal rights nonsense?
I would have to see that proof. There was a law preventing parents from forcing it on their daughters. I guess if some woman wanted to massacre her g-spot then she would have every right as a man who wanted to chop his privates off.

Sep 13, 2018
True functioning government doesn’t have equality. One business owner employs 1000 workers. Within that business there is 5 executives each overseeing 10 managers. Each manager oversees 10 foreman. The foreman oversee the grunts. Each person has a role but not all are equal. If a grunt screws up it may cost the company 100s of dollars. If an executive screws up it will cost the company millions. This is structure. It’s based on ability not equality. The company needs each of these levels to operate efficiently. Society is full of these substructures. From the highest of government right down to the family. While one parent is focussed outside the home at their vocation, the other is at home managing the estate. If both parents are working then the estate is poorly ran, and the children mismanaged. One family = one company. It’s a unit requiring a hierarchy. God designed men to be more suited outside of the home and women for child rearing and nesting. Even if a man is a grunt for 8-10 hrs a day, at least he will have s nice ordered home to return to. The wife should be esteemed and celebrated just like a boss would do to an effective executive. I love to do a good job for my boss. When the company gets a good reputation I can take pride in that. I am part of that company, but not equal to my boss.
That is all well and good. But what is happening in this country is that men hav'nt lived up to this agreement. And because of this, It made it nearly impossible to get my daughter, even if I was living up to what I was supposed to . The, Woulda, coulda, shoulda's are'nt happening anymore. Everyone's situation in this life is unique.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The family is getting more and more disfunctional because of this equal rights like the LGBTQ. Same sex marriage. Children having both men or women as parents. Women who abuse their spouse because they feel superior and they eventually get divorced. Women equal rights has somewhat made society better but not always.
So where do you get this nonsense about women abusing men? I am in 2 groups on FB for people who have been hurt by narcissists. Both groups have over 20,000 members. I would say there is one man per 1000 woman. So 20 men in each group.

And the woman who abuse these men are not doing it because they think they are superior, but because they are self centred narcissists. As for the 19,980 women, they are just being belittled. Narcissistic husbands are stealing from them, beating them senseless and terrifying them with taking away their children, even though they don't want them.

Most are afraid to leave their husbands because they have no money, no jobs and no place to go. Because they are afraid their husbands will chase them down and kill them. Which has actually happened in those groups. Some hope and pray to Jesus their cruel husbands will change. But, their husbands don't have souls, nothing for them to change.

People are so stupid on this thread it boogies me! Like woman make up their lesser wages with maternity leave. Wouldn't that be nice? I was paid equally in my union. But out of 4 children I was only working for one, and only 60%. Now, in Canada, men can get paternity leave. So much for the lie of women making up for being paid less, but "It's ok!" No, it is not. Seriously, the average mom has 2 or less children. So at most, a 10 month to 12 month maternity leave, where she takes care of the baby.

My world is very Biblical. But not an Old Testament or even a first century view. A lot of 1st century rules about women came out Greek and Roman cultures, where men had wives to run their households, and have babies. The Greeks consorted with men, the Romans with women who were courtesans. As for the Hebrew culture, it was swallowed up by Alexander the Great, who Hellenized the world. That including strange surgeries to attach foreskins, because the Greek worshipped the male body, and to be circumcised meant damage.

I think Paul was very revolutionary, when he wrote Eph 5:25-26. Imagine a man was supposed to love his wife as Christ loved the church. That is a Biblical model. And just a few verses earlier, Paul wrote in Eph 5:21, that the body of Christ should submit one to another.

"and submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ." Eph 5:21

As for submitting or hypostasis. ὑποτασσόμενοι in verse 21, but not not appearing at all in verse 22.

No word submission in verse 5:22 in Ephesians, because the section was a teaching section for men and how to treat their wives. And it was not with abuse, terror or something else.

The women in those days had no right to an education. Roman women went from being the property of their fathers to being the property of their husbands. Greek women counted for nothing. And by 70 AD, the church which had originated in Jerusalem was gone and the people dispersed.

So are all you men looking for the perfect obedient 1950's wife? My mother was one. She was a brilliant woman, probably smarter than my dad with all his degrees and publications, but women stayed home, so that's what she did. Stayed home. She spent 30 years raising children. Except they were gone all day so she took up golfing, curling and badminton. She never went back and got her university education. She was alone a lot and developed OCD. Then she got depressed. She stayed married to my father for 63 years, but she woke up one day and realized she had wasted most of her life.

The sad thing about stay at home mom's? Their husbands die. Simple facts of life. Men die so much younger. That includes women who work. When I was a chaplain in long term care, there we're 99 women for every man. Those 98 were widows. So those of you who think marriage is about women serving their husbands, not having outside interests, these women have nothing when their husbands die. 30 years taking care of children, on the high end, 50-60 years living empty years. My mom is 90, still going strong, despite 2 bad falls and breaking her pelvis and hips in 4 places. She's up walking and getting strong.

Women have so much to offer to the Kingdom of God. Don't force them into a 1950's model, or worse, a medieval model or a Greek or Roman one. The genie is out of the box! I can serve God and my husband, and learn theology. But someone who stands behind women and allows them to learn, grow and serve God side by side, that is a proper Christian marriage today. God doesn't change, but he knows societies and people change. He is the one moving us forward, and wanting dynamic marriages for his people, so that the Kingdom of God would continue to spread!

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I would have to see that proof. There was a law preventing parents from forcing it on their daughters. I guess if some woman wanted to massacre her g-spot then she would have every right as a man who wanted to chop his privates off.
It's probably getting somewhat off-topic now, but it seemed to me, similar to the girls can be boy scouts push, similar to the unisex bathroom push, this one seemed to be "Oh, there's no difference between male and female, so it's unconstitutional to prevent FGM adherents practicing their religion on children".

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...emale-genital-mutilation-michigan/1991712002/

[I know I really deviate from topic now, but it opens to the door to devil worship. By this ruling, you would be allowed to sacrifice children to demons provided it was done for religious purposes...]

E

EleventhHour

All you have done is conflate a variety of different topics.

Nov 26, 2012
It's probably getting somewhat off-topic now, but it seemed to me, similar to the girls can be boy scouts push, similar to the unisex bathroom push, this one seemed to be "Oh, there's no difference between male and female, so it's unconstitutional to prevent FGM adherents practicing their religion on children".

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...emale-genital-mutilation-michigan/1991712002/

[I know I really deviate from topic now, but it opens to the door to devil worship. By this ruling, you would be allowed to sacrifice children to demons provided it was done for religious purposes...]
I guess I never thought of it before. I suppose holding a male baby down and removing his foreskin is also a human rights violation? The argument that it is beneficial for hygiene and does not decrease sensitivity might make it more acceptable. Also it is a religious practice. I will say this is one of those occasions where vigilantism will prove more successful than a court of law. Eye for an eye....private part for private part.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
All you have done is conflate a variety of different topics.
They're actually all components of the same machine. The destruction of family, religion and country. Feminism causes conflict between male and female, which leads to hate. Feminists become ever more toxic, males turn to violence and/or homosexuality. Divorces increase (assisted by government facilitated easy-divorce laws and programs discriminating against married couples and providing financial incentives to divorcee women). Children are left without both parents and become psychologically unstable, ending up even more polarised than their parents in either the toxic feminist camp, or a homosexual/lesbian group (if they don't suicide or turn to drugs), and the vicious cycle repeats.

I'm not sure how anyone can honestly think these vices aren't all linked.