Women Equality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Women's Equality to Men: Do you want

• 100% Equality

• Just a increase in equality

• You are happy as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 26, 2012
Perhaps your end game varies one from the other? For instance, are you wanting to save at least some of the money she spends, or do you see her expenditures as frivolous? You do not need to answer, I am not grilling you, more "thinking out loud" :D
It’s ok I will answer. One time at Costco I threw some protein powder in the cart. She said, “Are you sure you need that? It’s a little expensive.” I looked at her and said, “It’s ok, I’m worth it.” I rarely buy anything for myself. Hindsight, I should have put it back. I ended up giving her a line she recycles repeatedly. What am I supposed to say? “No, you’re not!” Let’s say that’s a good example of winning the battle and losing the war. And no, most of her purchases are not what I would call good investments.

Sep 13, 2018
I think an interesting statistic would be how the money is divided when both are working. Although my wife may make as much as 10% more a year than I do she probably spends 5 times more on herself than I do. She sees all the money I make as family money and all the money she makes as hers. There is definitely a sense of power or entitlement to her spending because she makes more. Mind you she is not by any means supporting me. It’s funny because you would expect more marital struggles over money be because of lack. We manage to argue over surplus.
Sounds like you've got one of those " What your's is mine and what 's mine is mine" relationships. Lol. but that's cool. What ever works, work's...

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
So you as a Christian women do you see 100% equality within your country to that of man? Or would you want a slight increase in equality? Or are you happy where you are and explain why?

How does your Biblical worldview see the feminist movements of today? Reasonable or radical?

As a Canadian Christian woman, I do not see 100% equality. But, I do see ugly things like LBGT getting more equality than women, esp. These pretend women can probably do a better job of heavy lifting, and being physically powerful than I would ever be. In fact, a big part of why women don't have 100% equality is because of the LBGT movement, demanding more than equal rights. We had the Jessica Yaniv fiasco, (few hours away with me), taking women to court and trying to get money out of them for refusing to "wax her balls." All of them immigrant woman, this ugly man in a dress took to court. She got violent with a few people, and she is in jail now. The irony in Canada, is radical feminists have realized the transgendered mov't has made it unsafe for women. Men walking into female only washrooms or change rooms is dangerous. Men taking places that women should have, makes feminists angry. They do not like the "T" in LBGT. I've met gay men and woman who call it LBG.

But, I also agree we should be willing to give up some of our equality, both men and women, if we can help others by doing it. I am never as a woman going to be happy with the part of the church that denies women's talents and gifting. I preach in my church and I do a good job. Our assistant pastor is a woman, and she does 100 X the work of the former man pastor, who wasn't bad, just spaced out with no leadership skills. Our church picked the person with the best abilities who applied, and we are all very happy with it. I am very happy with my church and denomination (Baptist) and our whole view of life. We have a man for senior pastor, and he is the right person to do the job. He has great leadership qualities and great ideas for our church and the Kingdom of God.

I used to call myself a feminist, back when we were talking equal pay for equal work. When women were passed over for promotions even thought they were better qualified. But that has all changed. My B-I-L was a VP in a big bank in Canada. He had the opportunity to move to a higher and better executive VP position. But his boss told him to wait, and he could promote him within the dept. where he had been so valuable. When the time came, he promoted some woman with no experience or qualifications, because the bank wanted more women in visible leadership roles. My B-I-L resigned a few months later, and retired. He is glad he left, but wishes he hadn't been strung along by his boss and so-called mentor. That's a kind of inequality I also detest. If we have rules for women to have roles they don't deserve or have the skills for, then we ALL need to deal with that.

I have moved from a place of needing to prove myself because I am a woman, to not really caring what anyone thinks. But then, I am on pension, I don't need to worry about it. In my theological school, I am respected for my work, not for my gender or not gender. I would love to get to the point where we allow people to be themselves. So a woman that really wants to be a homemaker, should be one. My mom didn't have the choice, and that was not good. I do not agree with radical feminism, I doubt I ever did. Just because it is to exclusive and "all about me." As I said, we should stop worrying about ourselves, and do what we can to help others, regardless of gender.

I would never be able to do heavy work, nor do I have the aptitude for things like mechanics. My husband does. He can't cook, ever. I know I could teach him, but then he would want to teach me how to drain a transmission or some smelly job. He digs my garden beds, I plant them. We complement each other well, because that is what people did back in our day. Mind you, I do take after my father, who was good in every sport, but was clueless about how to change the oil on his car, or fix a tail light. My kids have working wives and husbands, and they are getting ahead so much faster than when I was at home with the pre-schoolers and only my husband worked. Hardest time in our lives. When I finally started working, though, I was still doing most of the housework, and training my kids. That was stressful, and I become permanently ill from it. So, life is not perfect, but we can always make it a bit better.

I do object strongly to a lot of the things that have been said by men about women in this and many other threads. They treat women like they are some kind of lower species, and who should not be allowed to do anything on their own. Back to the Roman model! God wants us to be equal, but also to find our own personal abilities and skills, and use them. That might be a woman hosting a Bible study in her home. Or maybe going to work for others. And in a democracy women got the vote almost 100 years ago. More in some provinces, not till 1940 in Quebec, and indigenous women until 1960. That is one area we really fall down in Canada. The way not only whites, but native men treat indigenous women. That is another thing somehow we need to change, although how you change a violent drunk, is another sociological issue I am not going to get into!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Sounds like you've got one of those " What your's is mine and what 's mine is mine" relationships. Lol. but that's cool. What ever works, work's...
And some spouses are more equal than others. ;)

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
As a Canadian Christian woman, I do not see 100% equality. But, I do see ugly things like LBGT getting more equality than women, esp. These pretend women can probably do a better job of heavy lifting, and being physically powerful than I would ever be. In fact, a big part of why women don't have 100% equality is because of the LBGT movement, demanding more than equal rights. We had the Jessica Yaniv fiasco, (few hours away with me), taking women to court and trying to get money out of them for refusing to "wax her balls." All of them immigrant woman, this ugly man in a dress took to court. She got violent with a few people, and she is in jail now. The irony in Canada, is radical feminists have realized the transgendered mov't has made it unsafe for women. Men walking into female only washrooms or change rooms is dangerous. Men taking places that women should have, makes feminists angry. They do not like the "T" in LBGT. I've met gay men and woman who call it LBG.

But, I also agree we should be willing to give up some of our equality, both men and women, if we can help others by doing it. I am never as a woman going to be happy with the part of the church that denies women's talents and gifting. I preach in my church and I do a good job. Our assistant pastor is a woman, and she does 100 X the work of the former man pastor, who wasn't bad, just spaced out with no leadership skills. Our church picked the person with the best abilities who applied, and we are all very happy with it. I am very happy with my church and denomination (Baptist) and our whole view of life. We have a man for senior pastor, and he is the right person to do the job. He has great leadership qualities and great ideas for our church and the Kingdom of God.

I used to call myself a feminist, back when we were talking equal pay for equal work. When women were passed over for promotions even thought they were better qualified. But that has all changed. My B-I-L was a VP in a big bank in Canada. He had the opportunity to move to a higher and better executive VP position. But his boss told him to wait, and he could promote him within the dept. where he had been so valuable. When the time came, he promoted some woman with no experience or qualifications, because the bank wanted more women in visible leadership roles. My B-I-L resigned a few months later, and retired. He is glad he left, but wishes he hadn't been strung along by his boss and so-called mentor. That's a kind of inequality I also detest. If we have rules for women to have roles they don't deserve or have the skills for, then we ALL need to deal with that.

I have moved from a place of needing to prove myself because I am a woman, to not really caring what anyone thinks. But then, I am on pension, I don't need to worry about it. In my theological school, I am respected for my work, not for my gender or not gender. I would love to get to the point where we allow people to be themselves. So a woman that really wants to be a homemaker, should be one. My mom didn't have the choice, and that was not good. I do not agree with radical feminism, I doubt I ever did. Just because it is to exclusive and "all about me." As I said, we should stop worrying about ourselves, and do what we can to help others, regardless of gender.

I would never be able to do heavy work, nor do I have the aptitude for things like mechanics. My husband does. He can't cook, ever. I know I could teach him, but then he would want to teach me how to drain a transmission or some smelly job. He digs my garden beds, I plant them. We complement each other well, because that is what people did back in our day. Mind you, I do take after my father, who was good in every sport, but was clueless about how to change the oil on his car, or fix a tail light. My kids have working wives and husbands, and they are getting ahead so much faster than when I was at home with the pre-schoolers and only my husband worked. Hardest time in our lives. When I finally started working, though, I was still doing most of the housework, and training my kids. That was stressful, and I become permanently ill from it. So, life is not perfect, but we can always make it a bit better.

I do object strongly to a lot of the things that have been said by men about women in this and many other threads. They treat women like they are some kind of lower species, and who should not be allowed to do anything on their own. Back to the Roman model! God wants us to be equal, but also to find our own personal abilities and skills, and use them. That might be a woman hosting a Bible study in her home. Or maybe going to work for others. And in a democracy women got the vote almost 100 years ago. More in some provinces, not till 1940 in Quebec, and indigenous women until 1960. That is one area we really fall down in Canada. The way not only whites, but native men treat indigenous women. That is another thing somehow we need to change, although how you change a violent drunk, is another sociological issue I am not going to get into!
Thank you for your input.

My conclusion is

Transgenders are hurting equality for women
Radical feminists are hurting equality for men
And men with strict religious beliefs sometimes treat women as lower human beings.

So basically we still need a lot of work. It is the same in America. It is no longer the days of equality for voting or owning property but the frontlines have shifted to more totalitarian territory.

Sep 13, 2018
Thank you for your input.

My conclusion is

Transgenders are hurting equality for women
Radical feminists are hurting equality for men
And men with strict religious beliefs sometimes treat women as lower human beings.

So basically we still need a lot of work. It is the same in America. It is no longer the days of equality for voting or owning property but the frontlines have shifted to more totalitarian territory.
I don't quite agree that "men with strict religious beliefs" are as big as a problem as men with no religious beliefs. But I do agree with you that the Federal Gov. Has got extremely out of hand...Hopefully this will end in November.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I don't quite agree that "men with strict religious beliefs" are as big as a problem as men with no religious beliefs. But I do agree with you that the Federal Gov. Has got extremely out of hand...Hopefully this will end in November.
Strict religious beliefs as some wont let women do different tasks in the church because of like a few highly debated verses in scripture.

Sep 13, 2018
Strict religious beliefs as some wont let women do different tasks in the church because of like a few highly debated verses in scripture.
Oh, I thought that we were talking about equality in general, or the lack there of...

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
Yes they are probably weaker than women in other aspects. Did you know that suicide rate in men is higher than women? Most women today have this victim mentality since they are supposed to be the weaker being compared to men. But it is sad that most women today are not that innocent as what many here believe. Being the bread winner does not entitle women to be abusive to their husband.
Being a bread winner does not entitle women to be abusive to their husbands. I certainly agree.

Likewise, being a breadwinner does not entitle men to abuse their wives either.

Sep 13, 2018
Being a bread winner does not entitle women to be abusive to their husbands. I certainly agree.

Likewise, being a breadwinner does not entitle men to abuse their wives either.
Did I miss something? how could a women possibly abuse or disrespect a man other then being unfaithful?

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
Did I miss something? how could a women possibly abuse or disrespect a man other then being unfaithful?
I was quoting Tinkerbell's post 168.

I will not deny that some women are abusive. Abusive can be physically, emotionally and/or socioeconomic.

Likewise some men abuse their wives.

However, I have observed that some church folk are quick to call out and reprimand women for abusive behaviour against men, but turn a blind eye when it comes to men abusing their wives.

Nov 26, 2012
If you look up the legal definition for abuse, it’s more like manipulation. Most people confuse abuse with assault. Abuse can be as subtle as the silent treatment and include withholding needs like food. It generally includes that the abuser is using something to manipulate the abused to do something they wouldn’t normally do (not like homework). Screaming or arguing with someone isn’t abuse. Even telling them something like you are concerned about their weight isn’t abuse. But screaming at them and calling them names because they don’t want to watch what you want is.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I really am not intending to be unkind to you, but I am honestly shocked at the naivete of this question.

Unless, of course, you consider "being unfaithful" to include failure to pray for and edify their husbands, criticism, nagging, manipulation, undermining, backstabbing, gossip, passive-aggressive behaviour, disinterest in intimacy, unforgiveness, vindictiveness, laziness, dishonesty, disloyalty, removal of children, home, assets and income through the legal system, and a long list of other destructive behaviours.

Sep 13, 2018
I was quoting Tinkerbell's post 168.

I will not deny that some women are abusive. Abusive can be physically, emotionally and/or socioeconomic.

Likewise some men abuse their wives.

However, I have observed that some church folk are quick to call out and reprimand women for abusive behaviour against men, but turn a blind eye when it comes to men abusing their wives.

Sorry to hear. What part of the country are you talking about? Where I go to church, There are loving couples that really seem to be happy and committed.. But I live in a smaller town. Things are probably different...

Sep 13, 2018
I really am not intending to be unkind to you, but I am honestly shocked at the naivete of this question.

Unless, of course, you consider "being unfaithful" to include failure to pray for and edify their husbands, criticism, nagging, manipulation, undermining, backstabbing, gossip, passive-aggressive behaviour, disinterest in intimacy, unforgiveness, vindictiveness, laziness, dishonesty, disloyalty, removal of children, home, assets and income through the legal system, and a long list of other destructive behaviours.

You are right and I apologize, It's just that I have a unique ability of letting go of the past. Remember the good and move on. I would never let things get to that point. I would never want to be with a person that did'nt want to be with me, or visa-versa...

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
I met once, i was not a Christian in that time, a religionteacher. He was nearly to retire. And he said when it came to speak about equality between man and woman, that this is not possible solang the man is not able to get children. So perfect (100%)equality is not possible.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
But of course, there should be an equality be in the treatment from man and woman.
Maby that this is not reality, has the reason in genesis 3. For a Christian Couple should ephesians 5 a good way how it can works in a marriage. In Gods eyes man and wife have the same worth,but different dutys. So like a Ship can not have 2 captains. In my understanding the man is given the responibility to Lead in a marriage. Thats means not to misuse this privilege! As I said, ephesians 5 Shows how it can works.