"Women Only Want Money"; "Men Only Want Sex." How Do You Cope With These Assumptions?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
There is only one solution maybe, guys should marry rich woman, and woman should marry attractive men.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Rich, attractive, sweet, and smooth......

Sounds like I should go marry some sort of amazing chocolate dessert.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

You'd have to add "dark brown" to the list.

And then it would sound like a remix from an old "Good Times" sitcom.
"Gimme a slice of pie and make it like I like my men: Rich, attractive, dark brown, sweet and smooth."

kinda

Jun 26, 2013

You'd have to add "dark brown" to the list.

And then it would sound like a remix from an old "Good Times" sitcom.
"Gimme a slice of pie and make it like I like my men: Rich, attractive, dark brown, sweet and smooth."

I though you two were gonna be married by now, what happened?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What, ANOTHER person I'm supposed to marry? Shoot, I'm not Solomon!

Y'all keep trying to marry me off so much I'm gonna have to make a spreadsheet to keep track.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I ate all the chocolate and now there's none left for me to marry. Now I'm torn between giving up on sugar entirely or trying to start a relationship with caramel. I'm just afraid my relationship with caramel would end up like my relationship with chocolate.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well if you buy enough of it... you won't have to worry about it ever leaving you.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
What, ANOTHER person I'm supposed to marry? Shoot, I'm not Solomon!

Y'all keep trying to marry me off so much I'm gonna have to make a spreadsheet to keep track.
How many are there?

I would suggest getting cinder some caramel chocolate to break the ice.

I ate all the chocolate and now there's none left for me to marry. Now I'm torn between giving up on sugar entirely or trying to start a relationship with caramel. I'm just afraid my relationship with caramel would end up like my relationship with chocolate.
If anyone gives you a caramel chocolate, you should marry them.

Jan 19, 2021
www.angelicwarlord.com
The OP has a valid point. Recall around ten years ago the receptionist at the dentist office 'hit on me' by strongly suggesting we go out. Her reasoning? In her words and not mine: 'you must have a lot of money'

LOL! To this day do not understand what I did to make that impression with her. Fact is I am a rather unattractive guy, so that is the only time I have been approached by a woman like that. Quite frankly to this day I find it disconcerting and leaves a 'bad taste' in my mouth. Only hit on once in life by a woman and it is over money?

Why could not she have looked a bit deeper and emphasized the following instead:

'You are kind and compassionate'
'You are honest and trustworthy'
'You are hardworking and responsible'

If she had said anything along those lines I might have taken her up on it...

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
The OP has a valid point. Recall around ten years ago the receptionist at the dentist office 'hit on me' by strongly suggesting we go out. Her reasoning? In her words and not mine: 'you must have a lot of money'

LOL! To this day do not understand what I did to make that impression with her. Fact is I am a rather unattractive guy, so that is the only time I have been approached by a woman like that. Quite frankly to this day I find it disconcerting and leaves a 'bad taste' in my mouth. Only hit on once in life by a woman and it is over money?

Why could not she have looked a bit deeper and emphasized the following instead:

'You are kind and compassionate'
'You are honest and trustworthy'
'You are hardworking and responsible'

If she had said anything along those lines I might have taken her up on it...
Well, welcome to the dating scene.

To be honest, it makes sense. Woman generally want to have children and it takes $$$$$ to do this in the Western World. Men wanting attractive woman helps create good looking children. It's not a very nice world sometimes.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Like every other great assumption, you're better off thinking of ways to tastefully leverage it rather than mope about the fact it exists in the first place.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
western world might look good on the surface but it is actually a real drain on everyone else and the envronment.

Plus all that gold digging has totally ruined the forests, and the diamond mining, and not to mention the oil drilling. meh.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Besides, christians arent meant to love anything in the world, didnt Jesus say so? Or was it 1 John 2:15-17

I kinda look at scripture as it means what it says, you know. Some people wanna ignore it and then wonder why they are in such a mess and have all these conflicts between what they want and what God wants.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Mining and deforestation are the least of our problems.

western world might look good on the surface but it is actually a real drain on everyone else and the envronment.

Plus all that gold digging has totally ruined the forests, and the diamond mining, and not to mention the oil drilling. meh.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
If anyone gives you a caramel chocolate, you should marry them.
I think the appropriate response to a caramel chocolate is to say thank you and eat it. Besides what if it's another female that gives me a caramel chocolate? Then I could have a serious moral dilemma. What if multiple people give me caramel chocolates? I think we need a better test of true love and marriage readiness than the gifting of caramel chocolates.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I think the appropriate response to a caramel chocolate is to say thank you and eat it. Besides what if it's another female that gives me a caramel chocolate? Then I could have a serious moral dilemma. What if multiple people give me caramel chocolates? I think we need a better test of true love and marriage readiness than the gifting of caramel chocolates.
It could be used as another indicator though. If the caramel chocolates are those sea salt ones with big crunchy salt crystals and the caramel is that cheap kind made from corn syrup solids, that is a person with no taste who should be avoided.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wazza? the neighbours gave caramel chocolates, a whole box of roses chocolates. Am I meant to marry my neighbours? They are already married. This could get complicated.

As for good looking children. They dont really look THAT good when they been out playing in the mud or glued to their computer screens. Also when their noses are snotty and they dribbling all over, with scabs and nits and stuff, and showing me where their teeth have fallen out.
I might have seen some good looking children that parents had kinda pimped out to advertising agencies to get pocket money. But you know its mostly photoshopped as kids cant stand still for long and they probably arent even wearing their own clothes.

I tell the children at school you dont have to LOOK good. You just have to BE good.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Mining and deforestation are the least of our problems.
Log it, mine it, pave it, and build a strip mall.

Or, at least, that's what we said in our Geography program at university.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
So many seem offended at the idea of people placing assumptions on them. Which is ironic as that is the basis for observation of, or initial contact with, other people. You see a person you don't know and make assumptions about your ability to mesh well with them (or not).

Personally I have no issue with this, in general. It's only when people won't give up those assumptions that I find this a problem.
I find it rather fun to see what assumptions are made about me and how often people are wrong about me and getting to show them otherwise. More often than not those are the people I get along with best in the long run.

So rather than being so offended over nothing why not use it as an opportunity to change that person's mind? And if they won't are they really worth getting upset over?

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I dont care what people assume about me... time will tell if they are correct or not.