Women preachers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter YoungJesusFreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I already showed in the Scriptures where women are not permitted to preach or to teach.

The office of Bishop and Pastor is a role and position that only men are to fill.

And not women.

No you never showed us in black and white and without inference that GOD said: AND WOMEN SHALL NOT PREACH OR BE A PASTOR.

Bishop is not a pastor and a pastor is not a bishop and no amount of your lies about word use will change it.

I know you Bible beleivers well, you believe all women ought to be barefooted and pregnant and making you a sandwich and never distract you guys in church and if she does summarily rebuke her to open shame, and get her home and teach her there.

You guys spread more lies than Ken Copeland at a Binny Hinn revival meeting...
 
No you never showed us in black and white and without inference that GOD said: AND WOMEN SHALL NOT PREACH OR BE A PASTOR.


Read the qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-13.

No where in that entire passage of Scripture can you fit a woman into that passage. No where.


Bishop is not a pastor and a pastor is not a bishop


For you to make such a statement only shows that you do not know the Bible.
 
You're All Fired!

Apparently none of you realize (pastors included)...IT'S NOT YOUR JOB TO TEACH OR PREACH!

It's not your job to sit on a throne (pulpit) and command those beneath you in the audience. That's really what it's about isn't it? Show business!

Who here is going to fill the Father's shoes? Who here thinks they are better than the Father at doing HIS JOB! Man or woman, you're all losing sight of the truth!

All you're doing is propping yourself up as a self appointed God. In essence, usurping the Father's authority and undermining HIS GUIDANCE in your own ignorance and vanity! And you justify it by quoting a few words that are thousands of years old!

Have any of you really stopped to think why there haven't been any apostles/disciples writing scriptures for 2,000 years?

THEY ARE NOT NEEDED FOR THE FATHER TO SPEAK TO THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO LISTEN!


A little closed captioning for the deaf among you...


Jeremiah 31:34
"They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

John 6:45
It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

1 Thessalonians 4:9
Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.

Hebrews 8:11
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.

1 John 2:20
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Isaiah 54:13
All your children will be taught by the LORD, and great will be their peace.

Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

Jeremiah 32:40
I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.

Hosea 2:20
I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD.

Habakkuk 2:14
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
 
Funny, I visit the sick and read them some Scripture, because the elderly, the brain damaged and the infirm often have difficulties reading it for themselves. I encourage them and build them up.

I also encourage and help them learn the Bible when I teach Bible studies, and encourage and build them up when I preach the Word in Sunday services.

I guess you are more confused than I imagined PE!
 
How many sick patients down the years have had cause to be thankful for the reading of the Scriptures to them! :) this is a very wonderful and valuable ministry. Blessings.
 
Angela

Funny, I visit the sick and read them some Scripture, because the elderly, the brain damaged and the infirm often have difficulties reading it for themselves. I encourage them and build them up.

I also encourage and help them learn the Bible when I teach Bible studies, and encourage and build them up when I preach the Word in Sunday services.

I guess you are more confused than I imagined PE!

Actually Angela, as I already knew (and you have yet to learn), all that you and the other pastors are doing is a little physical therapy, helping people to exercise a little once a week. Helping them stand up for a few hours in a walker (on Sunday), then after the therapy session is over, you return them to their wheelchair or Craftmatic adjustable bed to spiritually rot for the rest of the week. Never teaching them that they don't need you, that they can turn to the Father just fine on their own, and if they have a desire for God, HE will have a desire for them. All pastors do is distract people from God.

Think what you want of me, but you and the others will be held accountable for never helping people to see the truth.

All the studying in the world, all the degrees on your wall, all the posterity, pomp, and prestige of being a pastor will never prepare you for HIS FACE. God chooses the man or woman...and it's obvious, he hasn't chosen you. Your endless arguments here on the forums are proof of that. You are just like 99% of the Christians on these boards...stinking drunk on your own opinion!

You had better do some serious thinking about who you're serving Angela.
 
Re: Angela

Actually Angela, as I already knew (and you have yet to learn), all that you and the other pastors are doing is a little physical therapy, helping people to exercise a little once a week. Helping them stand up for a few hours in a walker (on Sunday), then after the therapy session is over, you return them to their wheelchair or Craftmatic adjustable bed to spiritually rot for the rest of the week. Never teaching them that they don't need you, that they can turn to the Father just fine on their own, and if they have a desire for God, HE will have a desire for them. All pastors do is distract people from God.

Think what you want of me, but you and the others will be held accountable for never helping people to see the truth.

All the studying in the world, all the degrees on your wall, all the posterity, pomp, and prestige of being a pastor will never prepare you for HIS FACE. God chooses the man or woman...and it's obvious, he hasn't chosen you. Your endless arguments here on the forums are proof of that. You are just like 99% of the Christians on these boards...stinking drunk on your own opinion!

You had better do some serious thinking about who you're serving Angela.

Why do you suppose that your choice of words is likely to be persuasive?
 
Re: Angela

Actually Angela, as I already knew (and you have yet to learn), all that you and the other pastors are doing is a little physical therapy, helping people to exercise a little once a week. Helping them stand up for a few hours in a walker (on Sunday), then after the therapy session is over, you return them to their wheelchair or Craftmatic adjustable bed to spiritually rot for the rest of the week. Never teaching them that they don't need you, that they can turn to the Father just fine on their own, and if they have a desire for God, HE will have a desire for them. All pastors do is distract people from God.

Think what you want of me, but you and the others will be held accountable for never helping people to see the truth.

All the studying in the world, all the degrees on your wall, all the posterity, pomp, and prestige of being a pastor will never prepare you for HIS FACE. God chooses the man or woman...and it's obvious, he hasn't chosen you. Your endless arguments here on the forums are proof of that. You are just like 99% of the Christians on these boards...stinking drunk on your own opinion!

You had better do some serious thinking about who you're serving Angela.

I disagree with this accusation. You do not know how those that Angela speaks to and teaches and such feel. You don't know if she's teaching them to rely and turn to God and doing what the definition of preaching, leading and teaching is (I shared these many posts ago). Here we sit, behind our screens, and judge the souls, lives and deeds of those we've never met. Shame on us. :(
 
Seems to me that extreme language can cause a reasonable discussion to become completely side-tracked. This does not achieve much.
 
Re: You're All Fired!

Apparently none of you realize (pastors included)...IT'S NOT YOUR JOB TO TEACH OR PREACH!

It's not your job to sit on a throne (pulpit) and command those beneath you in the audience. That's really what it's about isn't it? Show business!

Who here is going to fill the Father's shoes? Who here thinks they are better than the Father at doing HIS JOB! Man or woman, you're all losing sight of the truth!

All you're doing is propping yourself up as a self appointed God. In essence, usurping the Father's authority and undermining HIS GUIDANCE in your own ignorance and vanity! And you justify it by quoting a few words that are thousands of years old!

Have any of you really stopped to think why there haven't been any apostles/disciples writing scriptures for 2,000 years?

THEY ARE NOT NEEDED FOR THE FATHER TO SPEAK TO THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO LISTEN!


A little closed captioning for the deaf among you...


Jeremiah 31:34
"They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

John 6:45
It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

1 Thessalonians 4:9
Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.

Hebrews 8:11
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.

1 John 2:20
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Isaiah 54:13
All your children will be taught by the LORD, and great will be their peace.

Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

Jeremiah 32:40
I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.

Hosea 2:20
I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD.

Habakkuk 2:14
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

I can tell NOBODY speaks into your life....cause that hurt is so deep....
 
No biscuit, YOU don't want it or allow it, not God! You didn't even read my post doing the exegetics on 1 Tim. 2:12. I can do the whole passage, and the other passages which are the disputed passages that make up this whole ridiculous argument.

King James was very particular about certain things.
1. He was king by divine right.
2. Women were silly creatures and should never be put in charge of anything, let alone men.
3. He directed his translators to make his KJV slant towards his biases, not only in these passages, but others, and on other issues.

And yes, I'm saying it - other translators have picked up the biases, and woven them into their translations.

God allows woman as pastors, I'm doing it and I'm blessed and so are the people I care for. God called me, and he is using me in a place no man wants to go. If I was younger, I probably would have gotten involved with church planting and pastoring a church.

You are obeying King James and all the men down the line, including Catholics who continue to support this misogynist and poor interpretation of what Paul actually said in the Greek in the Bible.

Like I said, post it in Greek, and I will believe it. I know you can't, because you don't read Greek. I have read 100's of books on both sides of this issue, and the arguments for God not allowing women in ministry are so flimsy, it is staggering to me. I guess because they have really not studied the Greek and found out what God was saying through Paul.

Feel free to quote in the Greek where I am wrong. I am always willing to listen and learn.

Respectfully,
Pastor Angela

Hate to say it but you sound on this post more like a 'feminist' than a pastor.
 
Definitely God the Father and God the Son are males. The Spirit of Wisdom is female, according to the Word. [/COLOR][/INDENT]
[/COLOR]
lol...lol..you're kidding right?
God uses the term 'He' to address it because that denotes authority.God is a spirit,its beyond gender and form.It's not human or a created being.
 
I'm not sure what domination y'all are, but as a Southern Baptist, we do not have women preachers. I was wondering what you believe on that and why you believe it, or don't believe it. It's been a conversation at work for a week or so. Help? I personally don't know.

Luke 2:36 There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. 38 Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

Luke 1:42
In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!

Luke 1:18 Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.”


19 The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. 20 And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.”

1 Corinthians 14:34
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.

1 Corinthians 14:34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

A woman is not allowed to be intimate with no other, and even their parents, but only to their husband or God that they should be intimate with. But the scriptures doesn't says that a woman cannot inspire other into believing the truth. If a person read the word spiritually, they can see that it's a person that has fell into temptation, is consider to be a woman. When Jesus called the pharisees a brood of vipers, He wasn't looking at their physical appearance, but He was going by their spiritual appearance.

Luke 21:15
For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.
in·ti·mate[SUP] 1[/SUP] (ĭn′tə-mĭt)adj.1. Marked by close acquaintance, association, or familiarity.
2. Relating to or indicative of one's deepest nature: intimate prayers.
3. Essential; innermost: the intimate structure of matter.
4. Marked by informality and privacy: an intimate nightclub.
5. Very personal; private: an intimate letter.
6. Of or involved in a sexual relationship.
 
It's off topic but you clearly have misunderstood what I said. I stand by John 16:7-11.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
No I have not misunderstood you Roger, you in fact said can woman convict man of his sins. Stop retreating and own it. You ahve also said the smae thing in othr posts, but here is the thing, you call me a lair and unsaved for seeing the gifts and power of the Holy ghost, so its evident you don't believe in him anyway, you don't believe in the power of the Holy Ghost and blaspheme him just as the pharisees did when Jesus worked miracles by the same power.

No need to continue in your lie we know what you are and will pray for you.
 
Funny, I visit the sick and read them some Scripture, because the elderly, the brain damaged and the infirm often have difficulties reading it for themselves. I encourage them and build them up.

I also encourage and help them learn the Bible when I teach Bible studies, and encourage and build them up when I preach the Word in Sunday services.

I guess you are more confused than I imagined PE!
It is indeed a good thing for you to read the word of God and pray with those who are in the nursing homes. Compassion for the aged and infirmed is a ministry that any person, reasonably qualified, can and should do for Gods glory.

This whole pastor thing really gets riled up by everybody having a different perspective of what a pastor is according to the bible. Let's face it there are denominational conferences that will ordain just about anybody with the title pastor. Sodomites are standing in many pulpits leading their flocks far from God. Many who graduate from these schools deny the deity of Christ and the inspiration of the bible. I assure you that these are not the gift from God to the local church described in Eph 4:11. I am not implying that women pastors are sodomites only that the same disregard for biblical qualifications is being applied by those ordaining these with said title. Men who are divorced and or remarried are disqualified as well. This issue goes far deeper than gender alone.

That's probably more than enough for now.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
No I have not misunderstood you Roger, you in fact said can woman convict man of his sins. Stop retreating and own it. You ahve also said the smae thing in othr posts, but here is the thing, you call me a lair and unsaved for seeing the gifts and power of the Holy ghost, so its evident you don't believe in him anyway, you don't believe in the power of the Holy Ghost and blaspheme him just as the pharisees did when Jesus worked miracles by the same power.

No need to continue in your lie we know what you are and will pray for you.
God heareth not sinners.

As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes.

Still off topic.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
King James was very particular about certain things.
1. He was king by divine right.
2. Women were silly creatures and should never be put in charge of anything, let alone men.
3. He directed his translators to make his KJV slant towards his biases, not only in these passages, but others, and on other issues.

And yes, I'm saying it - other translators have picked up the biases, and woven them into their translations.
I can testify to that. I've discovered in several commentaries where Joel talks about the Holy Spirit baptism on men & women most agree, even the cessationist commentators, that even the women of the early church were allowed to minister to men........ but..... when it comes to leadership of any kind, the majority will shout NO!! using the same misinterpreted passages used in this forum. That's bias.....plain & simple.

What most don't understand is that in the family unit, the man is the spiritual head, & will answer to God as a family priest. But you can't use scriptures relating to husband/wife issues as a broad covering for the church! The context is all wrong.

The church makes its bragging claims that we are no longer under the curse of sin, & rightly so. But do they realize that in Genesis before the first sin man & woman were equal? Look at this:

Genesis 1:26-28 (KJV) [SUP]26 [/SUP]And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. [SUP]27 [/SUP]So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. [SUP]28 [/SUP]And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Both sexes of mankind were commanded to subdue the earth & keep authority over it. It wasn't till AFTER their sin that the woman was commanded to be subject to her husband.

So, if we're all free from the curse of sin, why can't men & women labor together in the kingdom of God, BOTH being proclaimed the Sons of God? If all are the Sons of God, then ALL are priests of the kingdom, yes?

I know some have used the excuse that God used women in the OT because He had to, 'cause a man wasn't spiritually fit to do it. I say unto you, have you taken a good look at the church lately?

Who am I to say a woman can't, when it was a woman who prophesied to me & warned me about taking my calling to preach seriously(a stranger, a lay person & she was right), a woman who first opened the pulpit of her church for me to preach in(when nobody else would), a woman, who was given visions of my pastoring my home church (my mother-in-law, imagine that? came true, too), a woman who couldn't read or write teach me more thing about spiritual truth than my male pastor (again, my mother-in-law)?

You guy can say aaaaalllllll you want against it......but it's not true. I witnessed too much first-hand by the Holy Spirit's power & authority that God uses women. If you say it's of the devil, then you're saying the devil led me into the pastorial ministry. Good luck with that. :rolleyes::o
 
Hate to say it but you sound on this post more like a 'feminist' than a pastor.

Really? Because she takes her role seriously? Because she is college educated? Because she does real ministry? Or because she knows more than you? I know that those that aren't taken seriously will from time to time push harder with their points. I know because I've been there. I may not always agree with Angela, but I won't sit back & let you use such language to leverage your losing point of view. That's just cold-blooded man....... and at your age. I expect to see a 20-something to say something stupid like that...... you just lost all credibility with me for showing your hand.:mad:

You should expect a woman to push hard with such a topic..... it's personal, & to them especially it's a big deal. And why not? If somebody questioned my calling & ministry, I'd take it personal!
 
  • Like
Reactions: mystdancer50