women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

Yes, read Revelation 2:12-15. He resides in Pergamum, which is in Turkey. And the anti Christ was often given names that refer to places in and around Turkey as well.
That's an interesting way to read those few passages, because to me, it looks like the Turkish church at Pergamum is being addressed and that figurative language is being used to express God's truth that He doesn't want His people to fellowship with darkness. Besides, some events in the book of Revelation already happened long ago. Certainly I believe the very earliest chapters have.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
That's an interesting way to read those few passages, because to me, it looks like the Turkish church at Pergamum is being addressed and that figurative language is being used to express God's truth that He doesn't want His people to fellowship with darkness. Besides, some events in the book of Revelation already happened long ago. Certainly I believe the very earliest chapters have.

Really? I dont see that, in fact it looks literal to me. "I know where you dwell, where satans throne is" "where satan dwells", it seems like Christ is talking to those who suffer in His name in the land satan dwells. How is that figurative?

And thats a common argument with the atheist, that the prophecy of revelation already happened, and is proved by the fact that it matches with prophecies in the OT, and there have been a few instances that have happened in the past that are similar to it. I think they dont understand Gods word about how time and the earth repeats itself over and over. What has been, will be. And what has been done, will be done again. For there is nothing new under the sun. The anti christ will come from the continuation of the Babylonian empire, and do the same things many before him have done, stand against Israel under the banner of another false god.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
Not calling Tintin an atheist, before someone tries to accuse me of that :p Im talking about the argument against Revelation being a prophecy for the future.

T

Tintin

Not calling Tintin an atheist, before someone tries to accuse me of that :p Im talking about the argument against Revelation being a prophecy for the future.
Haha! No worries. I wasn't saying every event found in Revelation has already occurred or even most of it, but I believe some of it already has and that John was writing, by way of Holy Spirit, to encourage the early Christians in their present and future persecutions. And I've never heard this from an atheist argument. I've definitely heard it from conservative Christian Bible scholars and theologians. :) As for the 'throne of Satan' passage, given the context, it strikes me as figurative. Saying this place in Turkey was so evil and so hidden from the light, that it seemed like Satan was enthroned there. Maybe you're correct, maybe not. That's okay. As for me, I've read Revelation before and excerpts of it many times, but I'm going to wait until the end of my Bible reading to look into it in a much deeper way (In the OT, I'm currently working through Nehemiah). Bless you, bro.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
Haha! No worries. I wasn't saying every event found in Revelation has already occurred or even most of it, but I believe some of it already has and that John was writing, by way of Holy Spirit, to encourage the early Christians in their present and future persecutions. And I've never heard this from an atheist argument. I've definitely heard it from conservative Christian Bible scholars and theologians. :) As for the 'throne of Satan' passage, given the context, it strikes me as figurative. Saying this place in Turkey was so evil and so hidden from the light, that it seemed like Satan was enthroned there. Maybe you're correct, maybe not. That's okay. As for me, I've read Revelation before and excerpts of it many times, but I'm going to wait until the end of my Bible reading to look into it in a much deeper way (In the OT, I'm currently working through Nehemiah). Bless you, bro.

Oh, actually I thing I see what you mean now :p Ive read Revelations before, /but/ it was back in a time that I couldnt understand a /word/ of it :p I should read it from front to back now, with the better understanding that I have. I believe certain things have happened from those passages, too. Would like to learn more about it, though.

M

MrOhAllRight

No one wants to be treated Equal. It would be the abandoning all the double standards everyone hides behind.

M

MrOhAllRight

We pretend to play fair as long as we get our complaints of other pretending to play fair

M

MrOhAllRight

...our own worst enemy...

S

skylove7

Mr OhAllRight...

You don't sound alright.

Perhaps you should talk with Jesus awhile
For your bitterness...

I did!
And I delight in becoming more beautiful inside
Everyday....