Works error

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

We have come full circle. To repent from one's worldly carnal inclinations is the same as presenting our bodies as living sacrifices, so that we may be Holy, and acceptable by God.
You claim this being a work, but it is the Word in Romans 12:1.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Nope

to repent is to agree With God

to present our bodies happens after we are born again to new life

E

eternally-gratefull

I agree that so long as we have repented, we are then holy and acceptable before the Lord. If, however, I return to my fleshly desires from which I repented, I then do not believe that I remain holy and acceptable before the Lord.
Then you basically reject grace and are under law. Good luck

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I do understand that no matter what work I may do to atone for my incorrect actions, that this will not bring my salvation. The reason for this is that those works will not change my carnally inclined heart towards a spiritually inclined heart. It is the Lord's grace that will conform my heart towards a spiritually inclined heart. To get there, I have to believe that Jesus Christ's message of love towards God and my neighbor is the Way there. A first step in that direction is to repent of my carnal inclinations, which is to hate these heartfelt worldly desires, which then makes me holy and acceptable to God.
Romans 12:1 to me seems to basically be taking the role of John the baptist, telling people to repent first.
Yep
Jesus main teaching is Love God and neighbor, not kill or enemy to neighbor. not strive doing His teaching mean don't have faith to Him
And salvation by grace trough faith, not only by grace.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Then you basically reject grace and are under law. Good luck
Did you not read post # 109? The Lord's grace is granted to me to bring my heart in accordance with His spirit. I need to repent of my worldly carnal inclinations in order to be holy and acceptable to God before His grace can change my worldly carnally inclined heart to a spiritually inclined heart.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Yep
Jesus main teaching is Love God and neighbor, not kill or enemy to neighbor. not strive doing His teaching mean don't have faith to Him
And salvation by grace trough faith, not only by grace.
Yes, we need to have faith/believe in God/love in order for the Lord's grace to save us. If we believe in love, which is to have faith in God, we will then at some point leave our worldly carnal inclinations for those of the Spirit.

Nov 14, 2019
Canada
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Acts 17:30-31

E

eternally-gratefull

To repent is to turn from sin.
Nope, that will not save you because you can not be perfect

you can’t turn from sin when your still in a Dead state

E

eternally-gratefull

Did you not read post # 109? The Lord's grace is granted to me to bring my heart in accordance with His spirit. I need to repent of my worldly carnal inclinations in order to be holy and acceptable to God before His grace can change my worldly carnally inclined heart to a spiritually inclined heart.
I have read all your posts my friend,

and all I hear is how you preach how good we must be

we are either under law or under grace, you can’t be under both

the law condemns because you have not met it standard, for all have sinned and continue to fall short

grace saves, because he who knew no sin became sin for us that we may be made the righteousness of Christ in him.

seek God as the tax collector, not as the pharisee

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
I have read all your posts my friend,

and all I hear is how you preach how good we must be

we are either under law or under grace, you can’t be under both

the law condemns because you have not met it standard, for all have sinned and continue to fall short

grace saves, because he who knew no sin became sin for us that we may be made the righteousness of Christ in him.

seek God as the tax collector, not as the pharisee
I do not preach how good we must be, but I do preach that we must repent from our sins, which is in agreement with the Lord.
Once we do this, we are then Holy and acceptable to God, at which point the Lord's grace is at work in us changing a worldly carnally inclined heart towards a Heavenly spiritually inclined heart.

If I do not repent from my worldly carnally inclined heart, I then earnestly do not wish to change my heart to a spiritually inclined Way, and the Lord's grace will then not be at work in me to transform me towards a spiritually inclined individual. We all currently have free choice as to which way we are going to choose.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Remember Jerry Falwell Junior with his sexcapades who just resigned from a Liberty Christian University; what do you think this has done to the faith of many of the students there, in addition to their families, and the rest of the world who saw this news? If you are going to preach faith in God, then have faith in God, and not some hypocrisy.
I've found no difference in those churches who hold to loss of salvation. Truth is truth . What someone does with truth is their responsibility.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

"see the New Testament is so consistent..." "i kept back nothing that was profitable, but proclaimed it to you ... repentance towards God and then faith towards Jesus. but you cannot have true faith towards Jesus unless you have first true repentance towards God".

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Change of mind . Letting go of a current set of propositions .
Good morning Jackson 123, Sorry I did not get back to you yesterday on this but I was working.
To answer your question: Yes there is an absolute correlation between faith and a Holy life.
If I believe in Jesus Christ, then I believe in what Jesus Christ believes, which is to Love God and our neighbors.
To love God and our neighbor are spiritual qualities that make one holy.
If I do love God, I would attempt to do what would please God, the first of these being to offer myself a living sacrifice by leaving my worldly carnal inclinations behind me. I would then be holy before the Lord, and acceptable (Romans 12:1). If I did not do this most basic reasonable service, I would then be carnally inclined and conformed to the world (Romans 12:2), which is enmity to the spirit (Romans 8:7).

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Yes present your body ... not sure of your point ?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
I've found no difference in those churches who hold to loss of salvation. Truth is truth . What someone does with truth is their responsibility.
If there is no difference among the students, their families, and the churches they attend, after seeing one of their distinguished heads sexcapades; then I would sincerely question the faith of those individuals, if they had any true faith to commence with.

The Lord has commenced shaking the earth again, and those things that are made, will be shaken out.

Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. 27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Change of mind . Letting go of a current set of propositions .

Yes present your body ... not sure of your point ?
To offer yourself as a living sacrifice in Romans 12:1 is to repent yourself from your worldly carnal inclinations, so that you may be holy and acceptable to God, in order to become transformed in heart, by Gods grace.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
To offer yourself as a living sacrifice in Romans 12:1 is to repent yourself from your worldly carnal inclinations, so that you may be holy and acceptable to God, in order to become transformed in heart, by Gods grace.
Our bodies yes .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Its our reasonable service in light of our eternal redemption, and in light of our position in Christ's.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
If there is no difference among the students, their families, and the churches they attend, after seeing one of their distinguished heads sexcapades; then I would sincerely question the faith of those individuals, if they had any true faith to commence with.

The Lord has commenced shaking the earth again, and those things that are made, will be shaken out.

Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. 27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
The hardest thing to accept is to live in the fact of our eternal security.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Its our reasonable service in light of our eternal redemption, and in light of our position in Christ's.
You choose which way you want to go. If you choose a worldly carnally inclined way, you will then not end up in a spiritually inclined place.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You choose which way you want to go. If you choose a worldly carnally inclined way, you will then not end up in a spiritually inclined place.
We are already seated in heavenly places spiritually. Our spiritual resurrection has already happened.