Would you be willing to substitute your salvation for someone elses?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I believe it is one thing to say we would give up our eternity with Christ and spend it in hell for someone else, knowing this cannot happen. I would find it very hard to believe that faced with such a situation in reality, any Christian would be prepared to spend eternity in hell for anyone else, bearing in mind what that entails
 
I believe it is one thing to say we would give up our eternity with Christ and spend it in hell for someone else, knowing this cannot happen. I would find it very hard to believe that faced with such a situation in reality, any Christian would be prepared to spend eternity in hell for anyone else, bearing in mind what that entails

The question is not whether we can do it, but would we? It is a measure of the love of God in us over our love. I believe that when we see Him, when we stand before the judgment seat of Christ, we will not be asked much if anything about the laws we have broken. I believe that we will be asked, more like shown, how we did not love, and thus failed Jesus. I know in my heart that I am guilty of this, much more than I would wish to be. I seek the Spirit often to see if I am in His love, acting out of His love, walking in His love for the world, and I am not much to often. It is why the Spirit is so precious to me, as He is the only true judge of my heart that I have found who is with me always.

I do not know just how far I would go for another to see them find and have the love of God, to know Him and His salvation. I just do not know, but I hope that I never find myself in the place where what I must pay to see this come about is too high a cost. I believe that the love of God by the Spirit is suffiecent for all things.

Blessings in His name,
vic
 
The question is not whether we can do it, but would we? It is a measure of the love of God in us over our love. I believe that when we see Him, when we stand before the judgment seat of Christ, we will not be asked much if anything about the laws we have broken. I believe that we will be asked, more like shown, how we did not love, and thus failed Jesus. I know in my heart that I am guilty of this, much more than I would wish to be. I seek the Spirit often to see if I am in His love, acting out of His love, walking in His love for the world, and I am not much to often. It is why the Spirit is so precious to me, as He is the only true judge of my heart that I have found who is with me always.

I do not know just how far I would go for another to see them find and have the love of God, to know Him and His salvation. I just do not know, but I hope that I never find myself in the place where what I must pay to see this come about is too high a cost. I believe that the love of God by the Spirit is suffiecent for all things.

Blessings in His name,
vic

To your great credit I believe you are simply being honest. We all fail miserably much of the time. The greatest reassurance I have is that I will not be judged according to my personal goodness, I know I fail miserably to act as I should so often. But my righteousness is not my own, rather that imputed to me by Jesus because he died for me. As long as I believe that I know I am accepted by God.

But now a righteousness from God has been revealed. A righteousness that is by faith from first to last Rom1:17

And I am very grateful it is from first to last

But we have never turned our backs on God and sealed our fate. No, our faith in Him assures our souls salvation. Heb10:39 Living Bible
 
To your great credit I believe you are simply being honest. We all fail miserably much of the time. The greatest reassurance I have is that I will not be judged according to my personal goodness, I know I fail miserably to act as I should so often. But my righteousness is not my own, rather that imputed to me by Jesus because he died for me. As long as I believe that I know I am accepted by God.

But now a righteousness from God has been revealed. A righteousness that is by faith from first to last Rom1:17

And I am very grateful it is from first to last

But we have never turned our backs on God and sealed our fate. No, our faith in Him assures our souls salvation. Heb10:39 Living Bible

Absolutely, without a doubt! The judgment I am speaking of is......our final preparation to be members of God's family, which we are now, but we know that we are growing into Christ moment by moment. I see the judgment seat of Christ as the last putting off of the fleshly way of thinking and believing and seeing. It is hard to know just how much we are influenced by our flesh, maybe even impossible, and without the Spirit's discernment, we would be much worse than we are now.

Anyway, the concept I am trying to get across is that how we love is so very much more important than how we look or what we believe or even what we give up. Love is the measure by which we are judged. This is because God is love, and we are judged by how much we have allowed God to incorporate Himself into our lives, in this world, because this is exactly how much He is able to use us to save others.

Our righteousness which is from Christ is what allows us to approach God and be with Him in fact, which is how we are changed to be like Him. My prayer for us all is that we grow up in all things of Christ, that we learn to put Him on more and more, to become cleansed vessels for His use. And that we see truthfully just how much we need to see Him with these eyes, to be changed to be just as He is now, and having this hope in Him, become pure just as He is pure.

May His love reign, in our hearts,
vic
 
For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. 37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
 
If God said to you: "Would you be willing to spend eternity in hell so that this person here can spend eternity in heaven with me?", what would you say?

I don't think I would.

My reasoning is that I believe God would want me to want to be with him more than any other thing ever.


I was going to say "no comment" because the hypothesis is scary! :D

I would say NO because of what you said.
Or would I say YES because I would wonder if it was the ultimate test of love for your neighbor, of selflessness.

This reminds me of Abraham being asked to sacrifice the son God had promised him would make his descendants countless. Abraham was willing because he trusted God's faithfulness. God had made a promise. When's the last time God broke a promise?

Now we have the promise that we are saved through Christ and that nothing can take our salvation away.

Hmmm...

Ok, I think I've made up my mind.

I would not want to lie to God, I'm just not willing to spend eternity in Hell, no thanks.

Maybe I wouldn't say yes or no. I would probably be like "please do not ask me to answer that question, please just tell me what your will is, what you want me to do... please...?" :D

Thanks for getting my mind going on this on, now I can't stop it!
 
Eternal life is not mine to give or take, however, this earthly life is one that we are asked to give up that others might live.