Would you like me to sometimes post Youtube preacher's messages?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Hi! I wondered if you might like someone to sometimes record and post Youtube preachers' messages, in times when no one else is teaching the Bible on your site. I could try to do that if so. Also, I'd like to know how to post Bible verses so that they show on the top of the chat page. That is, if you'd like that. Thanks!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Posting YouTube videos of preachers happens all of the time here so feel free to post your own.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hi! I wondered if you might like someone to sometimes record and post Youtube preachers' messages, in times when no one else is teaching the Bible on your site. I could try to do that if so. Also, I'd like to know how to post Bible verses so that they show on the top of the chat page. That is, if you'd like that. Thanks!
There are multiple people here counting into hundreds of members sharing Biblical truths. You have been a member for six years and have a grand total of 13 posts? Perhaps if you were more active you would not be so inclined to make such erroneous generalized statements.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
One of the keys to being a good teacher of the bible is humility. Pride is a dangerous thing. All the best, laughingheart

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There are multiple people here counting into hundreds of members sharing Biblical truths. You have been a member for six years and have a grand total of 13 posts? Perhaps if you were more active you would not be so inclined to make such erroneous generalized statements.
Yeah, an average of 2 posts per year. I guess that you could say that the point of the OP was rather mute (moot).

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Hi myrtle!
Thanks for the thought.. wc i think is welcome as long as the msgs are Biblical=). I see u joined CC a while back, but are only posting now. Hope to see u more often.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
A good rule of thumb when posting a video is to accompany it with a few salient points which you would like to see discussed, just to open the conversation, which will then lend itself to more points being introduced for discussion as the thread progresses. Or, you could give the time where these salient points occur in the video so people can jump to those parts to listen. Some people will not watch videos at all, and long ones are often too long unless they are incredibly compelling, especially in today's day and age when our attention spans are compromised by the very instruments we now use to communicate across the globe.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
A good rule of thumb when posting a video is to accompany it with a few salient points which you would like to see discussed, just to open the conversation, which will then lend itself to more points being introduced for discussion as the thread progresses. Or, you could give the time where these salient points occur in the video so people can jump to those parts to listen. Some people will not watch videos at all, and long ones are often too long unless they are incredibly compelling, especially in today's day and age when our attention spans are compromised by the very instruments we now use to communicate across the globe.
Thanks for your reply and suggestions! i would keep interacting with others spiritually, while a movie was on, too. And post bible verses, etc. i assume the way to post a movie might be to have on from Youtube playing after clicking to be in video mode in christianchat.com. is that how people do it?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
@MyrtleTrees are you speaking about posting videos here in the forums or in the chat rooms?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks for your reply and suggestions! i would keep interacting with others spiritually, while a movie was on, too. And post bible verses, etc. i assume the way to post a movie might be to have on from Youtube playing after clicking to be in video mode in christianchat.com. is that how people do it?
To add a youtube video to your forum post, copy the address url for the video as you are viewing it on youtube, then insert/paste it by clicking on the Insert icon above the message box, and selecting Media. On the line provided Enter media URL: Then click Continue or simply hit the Enter key on your keyboard :)

The Insert icon above the message box looks like three dots with a downward pointing arrow beside it to the right. It is positioned between the Smilies emoticons' icon and the Giphy icon :D If you are using a phone it could be different :rolleyes::censored::cry::geek:

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I'm not sure how to put hyperlinks to the times of a YT vid (people do)

but anything longer than 5 mins it would help to parse it a bit.

Basically, I really what the preacher said at 2:33 where he gave a helpful analogy to me and here's why

or at 4:21 where he talked about a verse that really opened it up to me

Or 5:57-6:55 is where he went off on a tangential story about his life that was very touching.

Don't get down though when you can't share a video with deep discussion in mind, it takes a long time to get used to formatting questions for discussion and some will meet you within just a share, but the more information you can provide in how it impacted you and why it is important is helpful. I'll watch random shares, just like randomly tuning in or going to a new church, but I definitely more info.

I get incredibly tired of "listen to this person and then you'll get it". YOU may get it when you listen to them, but my ears are open in different ways. Summarize your take away. If you can't point to anything in the sermon other than "it was good" then understand how that is not of utility to everyone. I've heard hundreds if not thousands of sermons. 1/week avg'd for 25 years = around 1300. Pinpointing what you glean is the most helpful for others I have found. Though there are definitely times where I've been incredibly blessed by a share instead of being led directly.

Since we are all uniquely made, it makes sense that certain segments we aren't going to feel the Lord moving in a presentation in the same way that another would. I listen to the radio a lot and can talk about as long each day on a particular topic, but would be honored if someone made a "highlighted" version for people with shorter attention spans.

Kind of like one person loves elephants and looks closely enough to see the Lord in it, while another understands intellectually the creative element, but is uninterested in looking further unless directly prodded. Random example but see what I mean?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I'm not sure how to put hyperlinks to the times of a YT vid (people do)
I am not sure I know what you mean by this :unsure: But if you right click while a vid is playing on YT, you can select from a number of options, one of which is where to have the video start playing...

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I am not sure I know what you mean by this :unsure: But if you right click while a vid is playing on YT, you can select from a number of options, one of which is where to have the video start playing...

Yeah that's what I meant ha.

I see it in the comments..."Video starts here 2:33" and it's hyperlinked where I can click 2:33 and it starts right there. Probably doesn't work on other website, but you method is helpful....saw it after I posted, but wasn't quite what I saw on YT but again, may only be site specific like linking a post #233 in a particular thread on here.

Edit: Oh I listened to the video while I typed this, but I liked the confederate currency analogy :)