Would you marry you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kim82

Somebody who has gone through serious hard times with the Lord and learned much from it is more down to earth than a person who has had a good life and doesn't have understanding of problems and pain. I've learned to live with plenty and learned to trust God for the next day because I had no idea how I was going to make it.
Amen. Love this.

M

morefaithrequired

Would I marry myself? I'll get back to you on that one (actually I won't).

Not necessarily. What is required is someone who understands your issues. Having someone with the same issues may make things worst.

Good point. I tend to be uncomfortable around people, if my spouse is the same, I would understand sure, but could I help him be more confident around others? Nope. And can he help me? Nope.

On the other hand if my spouse is full of confidence, he would certainly be a great example for me (provided I'm not uncomfortable around him as well).

What is that?
never heard of OCN?

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
One time I was filling out two applications for a writing meeting people to possibly date and an actual dating sight where they computer matched people up and as I filled out the applications I discovered a lot about myself. Before finishing either of the applications I said... I would not want to date me and never submitted either application.

At that time I didn't feel I would be a very good partner as a Christian partner for anyone at that time I would not have wanted to date myself.... I am positive I wouldn't want to marry myself as I never want to marry a girl....

I married my opposite and feel that we make a whole person. We agree on a lot of Christian areas but most everything else we hold a different opinion...

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
Absolutely! I already talk to myself!
Wow can you imagine!
There would be NO clutter!
Everything would be in its place.
We would always eat well!
We could talk about all the books I read and movies I watch!
YES! ABSOLUTELY!
We would agree in loving the Lord, rightly dividing the word!
Bring me on I'd marry me!
You can talk to yourself,
You can even argue with yourself,
But what do you do when you lose the argument?

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
One time I was filling out two applications for a writing meeting people to possibly date and an actual dating sight where they computer matched people up and as I filled out the applications I discovered a lot about myself. Before finishing either of the applications I said... I would not want to date me and never submitted either application.

At that time I didn't feel I would be a very good partner as a Christian partner for anyone at that time I would not have wanted to date myself.... I am positive I wouldn't want to marry myself as I never want to marry a girl....

I married my opposite and feel that we make a whole person. We agree on a lot of Christian areas but most everything else we hold a different opinion...
I'll bet you're a chatterbox, and he hardly says three words in a conversation. LOL

I

IFOLLOWHIM

You can talk to yourself,
You can even argue with yourself,
But what do you do when you lose the argument?

That's the beauty!
I never lose an argument bc if I prove myself wrong.....I still win!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I'll bet you're a chatterbox, and he hardly says three words in a conversation. LOL

I do a lot of talking, however, we can carry on a conversation and get things accomplished together.

Believe it or not there are times when I choose to be quiet.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
I do a lot of talking, however, we can carry on a conversation and get things accomplished together.

Believe it or not there are times when I choose to be quiet.
OK.... Dar, I'll give you Saturday mornings for the quiet. :oops:

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Let me put it another way….. Who is the chatterbox on CC? Tourist or JesusLives?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If I was looking for cynical pessimism, financial insecurity, eccentric lonerism and an obsessive compulsive narcissism, yes for sure! Why not! You only live once!
I prefer the James Bond 007 philosophy "You Only Live Twice". Shaken, not stirred is how I roll 'em.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

You give 110% percent and I give my customary 90% so our average is 100% whole. For the record you are an excellent partner and an outstanding wife and this is the opinion that I hold.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Would I marry me? I suppose so. I could do a little better and a lot worse than me. :giggle:

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
You give 110% percent and I give my customary 90% so our average is 100% whole. For the record you are an excellent partner and an outstanding wife and this is the opinion that I hold.
My wife and I both agree. We think you both got a great deal. (Durn, I'm feelin' so good, I just might call you guys for dinner out somewhere,)

Nov 25, 2019
I would 100% marry myself if that wasn't totally effin gay

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
To answer the question... I’m an empath and have been told and know I have a heart of gold so absolutely I would.

On a side note... finding someone who understands this strong introvert and knows how to work with me has been the biggest challenge. I know God has molded me as I wait... and Im sure He has more pruning to do too! Lol

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
To answer the question... I’m an empath and have been told and know I have a heart of gold so absolutely I would.

On a side note... finding someone who understands this strong introvert and knows how to work with me has been the biggest challenge. I know God has molded me as I wait... and Im sure He has more pruning to do too! Lol
I respect your honest self reflection 👌