Hey Everyone!!
So I was trying a new instant noodle bowl (ah, the exciting life of a CC single!,) and it came with not 1, but 3 different packets of additions -- one packet of dried veggies (amounting only to a pile of about the size of an American quarter, bah humbug!), one for the stir-fry sauce, and one... suspiciously labeled, "Dragon Tears."
Now, I'm not keen to the world of hot sauces (or sauces in general,) but apparently it was something like this:

There was no way I was just going to just automatically pour this onto my food -- I admire all the "adventurous" eaters out there -- but I am not one of them. But I did, however, dutifully cut open the packet -- daring to try just the tiniest little taste...
And yes.
I have no doubt that this stuff could make a dragon cry!!!
Thank goodness the name was a warning right off the bat, am I right?
I mean, if this stuff would have been called, "Lambie Kisses," I might have been deceived and just dumped in the whole thing into the bowl!!

What about you?
* Have you ever known you were in for a doozie, even just by reading a product's name?
* Have you ever been deceived by a product's name, appearance, or color? (I remember as a kid, when I first tried mint jelly, since it was green -- for some reason, I thought it was going to taste like limes, because I thought mint seemed way too outlandish for a jelly flavor!)
* Do you often pass by certain products just because of their name and/or description? (I tend to dislike anything with a "musk" scent, so I avoid this in fragrances, candles, hand soaps, etc.)
* And on the flipside -- have you ever been doubtful of a product, but picked up anyway -- and found yourself pleasantly surprised instead? Or are you sometimes drawn to products just BECAUSE of their name or color? How did it go? (I admit, I can be a sucker for cleverly named products, depending on what they are.)
I've always thought marketing must be an interesting career -- especially when choosing the names, appearances, and presentation of products.
What have YOUR experiences been with questionably named things?
Inquiring minds want to know!
So I was trying a new instant noodle bowl (ah, the exciting life of a CC single!,) and it came with not 1, but 3 different packets of additions -- one packet of dried veggies (amounting only to a pile of about the size of an American quarter, bah humbug!), one for the stir-fry sauce, and one... suspiciously labeled, "Dragon Tears."
Now, I'm not keen to the world of hot sauces (or sauces in general,) but apparently it was something like this:

There was no way I was just going to just automatically pour this onto my food -- I admire all the "adventurous" eaters out there -- but I am not one of them. But I did, however, dutifully cut open the packet -- daring to try just the tiniest little taste...
And yes.
I have no doubt that this stuff could make a dragon cry!!!
Thank goodness the name was a warning right off the bat, am I right?
I mean, if this stuff would have been called, "Lambie Kisses," I might have been deceived and just dumped in the whole thing into the bowl!!
What about you?
* Have you ever known you were in for a doozie, even just by reading a product's name?
* Have you ever been deceived by a product's name, appearance, or color? (I remember as a kid, when I first tried mint jelly, since it was green -- for some reason, I thought it was going to taste like limes, because I thought mint seemed way too outlandish for a jelly flavor!)
* Do you often pass by certain products just because of their name and/or description? (I tend to dislike anything with a "musk" scent, so I avoid this in fragrances, candles, hand soaps, etc.)
* And on the flipside -- have you ever been doubtful of a product, but picked up anyway -- and found yourself pleasantly surprised instead? Or are you sometimes drawn to products just BECAUSE of their name or color? How did it go? (I admit, I can be a sucker for cleverly named products, depending on what they are.)
I've always thought marketing must be an interesting career -- especially when choosing the names, appearances, and presentation of products.
What have YOUR experiences been with questionably named things?
Inquiring minds want to know!




