Would you want to know??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
We all know that we aren't promised tomorrow, but IF we could know when our last tomorrow would be, would you want to know? Why? Why not?

If so, would it change how you're living your life? Would it stay the same?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
We all know that we aren't promised tomorrow, but IF we could know when our last tomorrow would be, would you want to know? Why? Why not?

Depends on how much notice you get for that last tomorrow. If I know I've got another 50 years, I'll either grow careless because I know it's not going to kill me and or put stuff off because I know I have plenty of time to do it later. If tomorrow is my last tomorrow, I probably won't have enough time to adjust to the idea for it to do me any good.

But yes it would be nice to have enough notice of my coming death to wrap everything up and not leave a mess for whoever ends up sorting through my stuff to sort through. Makes those important things like creating a will a bit more urgent. And I might actually devote some time to those writing projects on my maybe someday list (speaking of which I really should get an annual newsletter out).

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Probably so, yes.

I do feel like I'd do a few things differently.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I’m not sure....I feel like if I knew it, my remaining days would be full with all that I could but also constant dread. Also I feel I’d not be sincere in my good deeds because I’d be so focused on having a graceful exit. Even if it was subconsciously done.

L

LittleMermaid

Yes, most definitely would want to know. When grandma got sick we tried to spend as much time with her as possible.
If she would have passed randomly, we would not have been there on her deathbed when she left us. It was a blessing really for us to know. I used to cry and think "why God why cancer?" But now I know that it was a blessing in disguise because grandma was going to pass someday. It was better for us to know that she was on her way home...so that we could prepare ourselves. If it would have come up by surprise...omg I don't even wanna think about it. It would have been way harder for us to receive closure, I think.

If I could know, for example, that I'm dying in one year, I would quit school. I would work PT and spend more time with family. I would also really devote more time to God. I would go to Georgia to meet Charles Stanley and maybe Disney World too. Which is perfect because I have two good friends from here that live in Georgia and Florida that I would love to meet. There are several people I would like to meet from here. I might just throw a large party and invite them to come. :p

M

morefaithrequired

i want to know my last day month and year. it makes budgeting and planning easier.

Jun 14, 2016
The more I think about it, I think it'd be cool to have an idea of when it will happen, but I also like the idea of not knowing in advance.

I think it'd be better if I thought about the reality OP stated and really considered it more.

It reminds me of these scriptures:

Psalm 90:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Ecclesiastes 7:2-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Better to go to the house of mourning
Than to go to the house of feasting,
For that is the end of all men;
And the living will take it to heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter,
For by a sad countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
But the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
No I don't want to know, but if I had a choice of how to die I would like to go peacefully in my sleep.

L

LordsHandmaiden

No I wouldn't want to know.

I want to live EVERY day in His righteousness so I am always prepared!

M

morefaithrequired

but unfort. the euthanasia advocates also like to know when they exit. for them it seems they want to have control over their lives and time of departure.
so the godly part of me accepts it should be in His hands.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the day or the hour nobody knows..except my Father in Heaven.

What did Jesus do when he knew, he just had a last supper with his disicples. He prayed for them, and then he was crucified. He only had three years of ministry, John the baptist had even less. I think when under threat of death you would want everyone to know the gospel before they died too.

I dont think it even occured to Jesus or his disciples that they had to live for themselves before they went. They did everything they could to tell others the gospel, thats the main thing. I think worldly people look at it opposite and think Ive got to taste and see everything before I go, cos they dont have heaven or eternity to look forward to.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

I would love to know the day of my departure from this world.. It would make life planning so much easier if i knew the day i am going to die..

Well if i know the day i would probably make changes depending on what that day was.. Sooner i would relax and be happy.. Later i would have to work harder to save for a long retirement and i would probably be a bit depressed.. But i would still be happy overall knowing my day of departure..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
the day or the hour nobody knows..except my Father in Heaven.

What did Jesus do when he knew, he just had a last supper with his disicples. He prayed for them, and then he was crucified. He only had three years of ministry, John the baptist had even less. I think when under threat of death you would want everyone to know the gospel before they died too.

I dont think it even occured to Jesus or his disciples that they had to live for themselves before they went. They did everything they could to tell others the gospel, thats the main thing. I think worldly people look at it opposite and think Ive got to taste and see everything before I go, cos they dont have heaven or eternity to look forward to.
That's not all Jesus did: He begged God for a change of plan. It is a rather gaping oversight to omit that.

Dec 8, 2019
Definitely! Then I could focus on my bucket list instead of boring planning for the future lol

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Yes, most definitely would want to know. When grandma got sick we tried to spend as much time with her as possible.
If she would have passed randomly, we would not have been there on her deathbed when she left us. It was a blessing really for us to know. I used to cry and think "why God why cancer?" But now I know that it was a blessing in disguise because grandma was going to pass someday. It was better for us to know that she was on her way home...so that we could prepare ourselves. If it would have come up by surprise...omg I don't even wanna think about it. It would have been way harder for us to receive closure, I think.

If I could know, for example, that I'm dying in one year, I would quit school. I would work PT and spend more time with family. I would also really devote more time to God. I would go to Georgia to meet Charles Stanley and maybe Disney World too. Which is perfect because I have two good friends from here that live in Georgia and Florida that I would love to meet. There are several people I would like to meet from here. I might just throw a large party and invite them to come. :p
Do it LM😝👌x

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Thank you all for sharing. It’s always interesting to hear what you all think.

As I ponder it more and more, I think it would be nice to know. My priorities would change for sure.

I think I’d stress a lot less about the little things.

I’d be more bold in my sharing.

It does make me wonder, why can’t I change these things now??