WRECKED

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 22, 2018
I think im seriously ruined forever. Nowordscansay enough. Imstuckhamstrungbraindeademptydriedupdestroyed. Ravaged. below rock bottom no tiny glimpse of light i thinkimfreakin demolished. Seriously. Nojoke. INEEDHELP.SOS.SOS. N the darkest place. Extremely isolated lonely broke in dire financial straits im a total wreck and yes I have screwed myself up badly all the addiction lonely habits selfmedicating the pillsabusingthem feeding myself with poison im not thinking straight mybrainisdeformed there’s something seriously wrong i am praying praying praying but i know im a sickness the poisons are festering clogging me up i keep crawling deeper nto thick darkness idontknowhowto save myself i want to do the right thing but i keep screwing up im such a severe wreck every which way critical condition i honestly need help God God God i cant do this alone what do i need to do can i ever get better please please Lordhelpme ineedyou right now

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Easy man. If there is hope, it is in God's providence. He will see you through because He is faithful. Take a moment, breath, close your eyes and just speak to God, "Thank you Lord, that you're with me always." Let peace settle in. As for your struggles, what did Jesus say? Does not God cloth the lilies of the field? Feed the birds of the sky? They simply receive from the Lord. So you too also should receive.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Prayer is good, but God usually likes to answer prayer through other people. So call your pastor, if you don't have one call a local pastor, or maybe look around for a church with a Stephen ministry (that's a ministry that trains laypeople to help support others through difficult times and crises). Get real life people in your corner so they can help with the practical everyday stuff as well as give you a listening ear. And practice gratitude, work to find one thing to thank God for everyday (even if it's just clean clothes to wear, a bed to sleep in, or food to eat, or nice weather on that particular day). That's the best advice I've got.

M

Miri

I think im seriously ruined forever. Nowordscansay enough. Imstuckhamstrungbraindeademptydriedupdestroyed. Ravaged. below rock bottom no tiny glimpse of light i thinkimfreakin demolished. Seriously. Nojoke. INEEDHELP.SOS.SOS. N the darkest place. Extremely isolated lonely broke in dire financial straits im a total wreck and yes I have screwed myself up badly all the addiction lonely habits selfmedicating the pillsabusingthem feeding myself with poison im not thinking straight mybrainisdeformed there’s something seriously wrong i am praying praying praying but i know im a sickness the poisons are festering clogging me up i keep crawling deeper nto thick darkness idontknowhowto save myself i want to do the right thing but i keep screwing up im such a severe wreck every which way critical condition i honestly need help God God God i cant do this alone what do i need to do can i ever get better please please Lordhelpme ineedyou right now

Baby steps little by little back to the light.

1) Go see a doctor, write out all of the above and show it to them.

2) Ask if they can devise a plan with you to help you climb out of this.

3) Stop self medicating, lots of meds interact and have side effects which make
things worse.

4) Find one thing every day to be thankful for and write it down, it can be
hard to do when you are low, but do it through gritted teeth if you have to.

5) Try a little exercise every day even if just 10 mins. Exercise produces endorphines
which help.

6) Remember that you are not thinking straight right now but you can pray and
trust God.

Lord we pray for D that you will wrap your loving arms around him. Free him from
the chains of despair Lord. Calm his mind, and bring people into his life who can
help. If he is doing things the wrong way, I pray you will show him a better way.
Where there is a need for healing I pray Lord you will work that out for him.

Give him wisdom and break down this negativity in his life. Show him you are his
strong tower and safe place.

Hi don’t know why but I keep getting an image of a tower like a castle tower
with turrets.

The thing about a strong tower, it keeps things out but also stops things from
getting in. You are keeping God out and letting the wrong things in. It’s time
to do this the other way around. Sorry if that seems strange it’s just what I
got. It’s time to open wide the gates to Jesus and he will be your strong tower.

Proverbs 18:10 NLT
[10] The name of the LORD is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe.

L

LaVieEnRose

Go to a doctor right away. You may need to be in the hospital. Pray, of course- but please go to the doctor. Go to the emergency room if you need to go. We are praying for you.

L

LaVieEnRose

get over yourself! and TRUST in the Scriptures,!!!
Hey, he’s sick. Getting over himself is not good advice. I am pretty sure he suffers from depression. Depressives can not get better just by getting over themselves and trusting God.

If it were that easy, do you think we would still be depressed? I have tried all sorts of thinking- thinking about people worse off than myself, counting my blessings, etc. Getting better does not work that way.

The following people were depressives: Elijah, Jeremiah, David (read some of the psalms), Charles Spurgeon, Martin Luther, Abraham Lincoln, William Cowper.

Depression is NOT spiritual. It is physical. He needs medical attention.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

No offense, but sometimes you can be rude.. :( Considering that he has stated before, that saying "get over yourself/ it" is one of the worst things to say regarding his depression.. (n)(n)

That kind of advice is why so many commit suicide.

Feb 28, 2016
'depression is often a Spiriitual' manifestation of physical abuse - ...

L

LaVieEnRose

No, depression is a physical ailment, just like diabetes. It is chronic and must be managed.

The people I listed were very good Christians and very close to God. They were not estranged from Jesus.

NotImportant

May 19, 2018
do you genuinely seek answer even if it's not as you like it ? I'll share if you do, but there are people that hate Truth around so i must ask first, if yes and willing to listen - message me (good food is not to be thrown on the streets), if no - just say no.

Feb 28, 2016
No offense, but sometimes you can be rude.. :( Considering that he has stated before, that saying "get over yourself/ it" is one of the worst things to say regarding his depression.. (n)(n)

That kind of advice is why so many commit suicide.
==========================================================
wow,
your kidding, right...???

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Maybe you haven't known a lot of people who were in the church and actually tried to take their lives?

I heard "loving" Christian advice like this all my life in the churches I grew up in.

I was also told that I should stop going to doctors, throw away any and all medications, and "just trust in Jesus and thank Him for your healing!", and that I was struggling because I wasn't praising enough, thanking enough, serving enough, believing enough... Nothing I did was ever "enough". And if nothing you ever do is ever enough, why stick around in the first place?

Sincere, but misguided attitudes like this played a big part in my own suicide attempt several years ago.

And one especially helpful woman in the therapy group I attended told me, "If you tried to kill yourself, you're not a real Christian."

Well, if she felt that she had the authority to judge my faith, more power to her.

But at the end of the day, only God can judge whether someone was a "real" Christian, or whether or not they "had enough faith."

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
==========================================================
wow,
your kidding, right...???
About which part? He told me himself that one of the worst things to say to him is "get over it" or "get over yourself". And it is common knowledge that many people commit suicide because of what you just told him in your previous post..

Feb 28, 2016
Blue,
don't take the 'blue-road', fear God and Keep His Commandments...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Blue,
don't take the 'blue-road', fear God and Keep His Commandments...

That is often times easier said than done. Especially when the depression hits you so hard, that it knocks the wind out of your sails..

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I was never physically abused either, and have two of the most loving, Christian parents you will ever meet.

But I have struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts all my life as well. It's one of the reasons why I've chosen to stay single for many years--I don't want to put that kind of burden on someone else.

Old, I'm guessing you've never wrestled with these things?

It's a lot like telling someone who doesn't have arms and legs how to run--you can offer a few insights or tips, but ultimately, you just can't do it--most especially if you've never been there.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Not to mention that many people blame God for their depression, so telling them to trust in Him can be more detrimental than good in some situations..