Writer Tips

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I just sent out my first query for my novel last Friday. Got a nibble from an agent yesterday. (Small nibble. She wanted to see my first ten pages.)

You've got more guts than I have. I don't have the guts to write on any Christian message, once more in book form.
:eek:
Wow that's fast. I thought it usually takes weeks to months to get a reply from the agents / editors. What's your book about?

Lol, well I'm being a little ambitious right now because I haven't started yet.

D

Depleted

Wow that's fast. I thought it usually takes weeks to months to get a reply from the agents / editors. What's your book about?

Lol, well I'm being a little ambitious right now because I haven't started yet.
It does take weeks or months. She didn't ask for a full ms. She asked for the first 10 pages. The query was enough to get her to want to look further.

See my avatar? It's about them -- my stuffies. Here's my Twitter pitch line/log line:

When stuffed animals become illegal, they must learn to survive or be exterminated by dogs, rats, buses, or skateboarders.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
Abi, here's a simple and easy suggestion.

The first line of almost any story can be greatly improved by making sure the second line is, "And then the murders began."
:eek: