YOKE OF BONDAGE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
GALATIANS 4 [21] Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? [22] For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. [23] But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. [24] Which things are an allegory: for these are the TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM THE MOUNT SINAI, WHICH GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, WHICH IS AGAR. [25] For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. [26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.......... [30] Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Is the above scripture speaking of the 10 commandments as the many claim or is it simply speaking of circumcision?

EXODUS 34 [28] And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

ACTS 7 [8] And he gave him the COVENANT OF CIRCUMCISION: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs.

BOTH the 10 commandments and circumcision were givin as “covenants”

EXODUS 24 [12] And the Lord said unto Moses, COME UP TO ME INTO THE MOUNT, and be there: and I WILL GIVE THEE tables of stone, AND A LAW, AND COMMANDMENTS which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

LEVITICUS 7 [37] THIS IS THE LAW OF THE BURNT OFFERING, of the meat offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace offerings; [38] WHICH THE LORD COMMANDED MOSES IN MOUNT SINAI, in the day that he commanded the children of Israel to offer their oblations unto the Lord, in the wilderness of Sinai.

Both covenants, the 10 commandments and the law of Moses were given at Mt Sinai.

JOHN 7 [21] Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.[22] MOSES THEREFORE GAVE UNTO YOU CIRCUMCISION; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.[23] If a man on the sabbath day RECEIVE CIRCUMCISION, THAT THE LAW OF MOSES SHOULD NOT BE BROKEN; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Circumcision is of the law of Moses and given at Sinai. So which of these, the 10 commandments or circumcision do the scriptures say bring us into “bondage” {Gal.4:24}?

And the winner is....

GALATIANS 5 [1] Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN WITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE. [2] Behold, I Paul say unto you, that IF YE BE CIRCUMCISED, CHRIST SHALL PROFIT YOU NOTHING.

And again...

GALATIANS 2 [3] But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was COMPELLED TO BE CIRCUMCISED: [4]And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might BRING US INTO BONDAGE:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
We are no longer children of disobedience............

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
GALATIANS 4 [21] Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? [22] For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. [23] But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. [24] Which things are an allegory: for these are the TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM THE MOUNT SINAI, WHICH GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, WHICH IS AGAR. [25] For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. [26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.......... [30] Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Is the above scripture speaking of the 10 commandments as the many claim or is it simply speaking of circumcision?

EXODUS 34 [28] And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

ACTS 7 [8] And he gave him the COVENANT OF CIRCUMCISION: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs.

EXODUS 24 [12] And the Lord said unto Moses, COME UP TO ME INTO THE MOUNT, and be there: and I WILL GIVE THEE tables of stone, AND A LAW, AND COMMANDMENTS which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

LEVITICUS 7 [37] THIS IS THE LAW OF THE BURNT OFFERING, of the meat offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace offerings; [38] WHICH THE LORD COMMANDED MOSES IN MOUNT SINAI, in the day that he commanded the children of Israel to offer their oblations unto the Lord, in the wilderness of Sinai.

Both covenants, the 10 commandments and the law of Moses were given at Mt Sinai.

JOHN 7 [21] Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.[22] MOSES THEREFORE GAVE UNTO YOU CIRCUMCISION; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.[23] If a man on the sabbath day RECEIVE CIRCUMCISION, THAT THE LAW OF MOSES SHOULD NOT BE BROKEN; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Circumcision is of the law of Moses and given at Sinai. So which of these, the 10 commandments or circumcision do the scriptures say bring us into “bondage” {Gal.4:24}?

And the winner is....

GALATIANS 5 [1] Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN WITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE. [2] Behold, I Paul say unto you, that IF YE BE CIRCUMCISED, CHRIST SHALL PROFIT YOU NOTHING.

And again...

GALATIANS 2 [3] But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was COMPELLED TO BE CIRCUMCISED: [4]And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might BRING US INTO BONDAGE:
Are you asserting the idea that Christians are still under the Sinai covenant?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Are you asserting the idea that Christians are still under the Sinai covenant?
let's hope not. we have enough of those who think we are already.

ComeLordJesus

Dec 26, 2017

And the winner is....

And again...

The above passage is talking about how Law and Grace cannot exist together.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The Ten Commandments are the eternal spiritual and moral laws of God. So they cannot lead to bondage.

But the yoke of bondage or that which "gendereth to bondage" (leads to bondage) are all the other laws of the Old Covenant which must not be obeyed in order to be justified, but if used in that manner, lead to bondage. Those who tithed mint and cumin but ignored righteousness, justice, and mercy were in bondage. Those who focused on ceremonial observances (days, months, years) but did not love their neighbors as themselves were in the yoke of bondage (Gal 4:10).

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Who teach salvation by “grace plus law, faith plus works.” :(
REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus

The "many" will tell you, ya cant mix the law and grace through faith. Hmmm

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus

It is truly a human struggle. On one hand you have the Perfect Father and the Perfect Son who are in complete agreement. They create perfect instructions.

They create a "Choice" that every man must make and gives us examples through out the Bible which show the different outcomes of our choice.

God gave Eve instructions and created another spirit to give her instructions as well. She made a choice to listen to the cleaver, subtle voice who convinced her, through human reasoning, mixed with some of God's Word, to reject God's Word and create her own instructions.

God gave Abraham instructions as well, and most assuredly had the same voice whispering in his ear as well. "Don't listen to God, He doesn't have your best interest at heart. He is a tyrant who demands obedience to unjust instructions."

This battle is carried out in the minds of the called and has been since the beginning. This is why Jesus said those who "Endure" to the end of their lives shall be saved.

Technology and knowledge has increased tremendously. But the voice of the serpent is the same today as it was in the beginning.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (You are saved)
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, (Create your own instructions which look good to you) then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, (When she knew God, she didn't Glorify Him as God) and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Truly there is no new thing under the sun.

It is good that you continue to hold on to Every Word of God Wall, and resist the voices of those who would use parts of God's word to trick you as the serpent did to Eve..

Good for you.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus.

John is not mixing law and grace through faith or teaching salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works," but that's what SDA's and other misguided teachers of the law teach. Hmmm :unsure:

*The saints not only keep the faith of Jesus/their faith in Jesus, but also keep (Greek word tereo - watch over, guard, observe, keep intact) the commandments of God. John is not teaching salvation by works through sinless, perfect obedience to the 10 commandments. Modern day Judaizers and misguided teachers of the law pervert the gospel and have a different spin on what it means to "keep His commandments." It's not hard to find these types on Christian Chat and other Bible discussion forums. :(

It's interesting that the whole teaching of SDA's regarding the Mark of the Beast centers on Revelation 14:12 which says that those who have the "commandments of God" do not receive the mark. SDA's claim that this passage is referring to the Ten Commandments, and Sunday-keepers cannot be keeping the Ten Commandments because the fourth commandment instructs worship on Saturday. :rolleyes:

The best way to intepret the meaning of John's writings is to compare them with his other writings of John. The Greek word for "commandments" in Revelation 14:12 is "entole" which means "an order, command, charge, precept, injunction." The same word is used repeatedly in the writings of John to refer to the instructions of Jesus. *John uses an entirely different Greek word in his writings when he refers to the Ten Commandments: "nomas." For example:

Did not Moses give you the law {nomos}, and [yet] none of you keepeth the law {nomos}? Why go ye about to kill me? (John 7:19; Jesus is referring to the 6th commandment "Thou shalt not kill" - Exodus 20:13)

According to John, the number one commandment {entolae} of Jesus to the Apostles was not Sabbath-worship, but for them to love one another: A new commandment {entolae} I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (John 13:34)

This is my commandment {entolae}, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (John 15:12)

Notice how John refers to the "commandments" of God in his letter: By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments {entolas}. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments {entolas}; and His commandments {entolae} are not burdensome. (1 John 5:2-3)

Earlier in the same letter John tells us exactly what the "commandments" of God are:

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [then] have we confidence toward God. And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His [God's] commandments {entolas} and do the things that are pleasing in His sight. This is His [God's] commandment {entolae}, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He [God] commanded {entolaen} us. The one who keeps His [God's] commandments {entolas} abides in Him.. (1 John 3:21-24)

Since the old covenant has been made obsolete, does this leave us with no moral direction? Absolutely not. The old covenant has been made obsolete to "put legally into place" the New Covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6-9; Hebrews 8:6-13). The life of discipleship flows out of the New Command, to love one another as He loved us (John 13:34), which Paul refers to as the "law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). Love fulfills the law (Romans 13:8-10). Out of this single command comes other commands, including references for the moral aspect of 9 of the 10 commandments which are reiterated under the New Covenant, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day is not binding on Christians under the New Covenant.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. - Acts 14:15
2. You shall make no idols. - 1 John 5:21
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. - James 5:12
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. - Not binding on the Church - Colossians 2:16-17
5. Honor your father and your mother. - Ephesians 6:1-2
6. You shall not murder. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 John 3:15
7. You shall not commit adultery. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
8. You shall not steal. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 4:28
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Romans 13:9-10; Colossians 3:9-10
10. You shall not covet. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 5:3

*The Roman Catholic church also errors by mixing observing the Commandments with salvation by grace through faith and teaches salvation by works. :(

"The Council of Trent teaches that salvation comes through the Ten Commandments; the Second Vatican Council confirms: "The bishops, successors of the apostles, receive from the Lord . . . the mission of teaching all peoples, and of preaching the Gospel to every creature, so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments"(CCC # 2068).

7seasrekeyed

and how did that go for the Israelites?

does keeping the commandments mean we no longer sin?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017

I would say, if the Bible is the source of information, that those who dedicated their lives in Honor to God and His instructions fared pretty well. Abel, although killed because of his faith, is certainly written in the Book of Life.

Noah certainly was different in his Love for God than those around him. Abraham was "Blessed" for obeying God, not creating his own religion. Caleb was blessed for believeing God's Words over the words of religious man.

Rehab was blessed, not punished for believing God. In fact, the one constant present in all the examples of Faith that God provided for us was obedience. Did they mess up? Sure, but their heart was towards God, and their actions showed their belief, faith..

In fact, there is not one single example of the "many" Faithful humans in the Bible, who submitted to God's Righteousness with all their heart, that was punished for doing so, not one example.

From Able to Zechariahs, those who submitted to God's Righteousness over their own have been blessed for doing so. Were they praised by men? In many cases no.

But they were exalted by God and have become some of the most famous, respected and revered men ever to live on the planet earth. Who doesn't know about Noah, Abraham, David?

So Biblically speaking, the answer to your question: "how did that go for the Israelites" who listened and committed themselves to God and His instructions, is "It went very good for them who endured to the end".

But for those who knew Him and had His instructions, but refused to submit to Him, it didn't go well at all. In EVERY case. As Paul reminds us.

Rom. 2:
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Simple idea to consider. The laws that should be obeyed evenunder mercy and grace are all the laws tha come together to satisfy the two great laws of Love.

Answer honestly, is Love abolished? My reply is absolutely not, but I have bothered to learn from Jesus just how He would have me obey the law, which cannot be and which make up love at all levels........

Attempt to refute this and you will not be able.

7seasrekeyed

reposting to better understand the op's intent

would like the op to respond if he cares to

thanks

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
John is not mixing law and grace through faith or teaching salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works," but that's what SDA's and other misguided teachers of the law teach. Hmmm :unsure:

*The saints not only keep the faith of Jesus/their faith in Jesus, but also keep (Greek word tereo - watch over, guard, observe, keep intact) the commandments of God. John is not teaching salvation by works through sinless, perfect obedience to the 10 commandments. Modern day Judaizers and misguided teachers of the law pervert the gospel and have a different spin on what it means to "keep His commandments." It's not hard to find these types on Christian Chat and other Bible discussion forums. :(

It's interesting that the whole teaching of SDA's regarding the Mark of the Beast centers on Revelation 14:12 which says that those who have the "commandments of God" do not receive the mark. SDA's claim that this passage is referring to the Ten Commandments, and Sunday-keepers cannot be keeping the Ten Commandments because the fourth commandment instructs worship on Saturday. :rolleyes:

The best way to intepret the meaning of John's writings is to compare them with his other writings of John. The Greek word for "commandments" in Revelation 14:12 is "entole" which means "an order, command, charge, precept, injunction." The same word is used repeatedly in the writings of John to refer to the instructions of Jesus. *John uses an entirely different Greek word in his writings when he refers to the Ten Commandments: "nomas." For example:

Did not Moses give you the law {nomos}, and [yet] none of you keepeth the law {nomos}? Why go ye about to kill me? (John 7:19; Jesus is referring to the 6th commandment "Thou shalt not kill" - Exodus 20:13)

According to John, the number one commandment {entolae} of Jesus to the Apostles was not Sabbath-worship, but for them to love one another: A new commandment {entolae} I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (John 13:34)

This is my commandment {entolae}, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (John 15:12)

Notice how John refers to the "commandments" of God in his letter: By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments {entolas}. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments {entolas}; and His commandments {entolae} are not burdensome. (1 John 5:2-3)

Earlier in the same letter John tells us exactly what the "commandments" of God are:

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [then] have we confidence toward God. And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His [God's] commandments {entolas} and do the things that are pleasing in His sight. This is His [God's] commandment {entolae}, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He [God] commanded {entolaen} us. The one who keeps His [God's] commandments {entolas} abides in Him.. (1 John 3:21-24)

Since the old covenant has been made obsolete, does this leave us with no moral direction? Absolutely not. The old covenant has been made obsolete to "put legally into place" the New Covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6-9; Hebrews 8:6-13). The life of discipleship flows out of the New Command, to love one another as He loved us (John 13:34), which Paul refers to as the "law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). Love fulfills the law (Romans 13:8-10). Out of this single command comes other commands, including references for the moral aspect of 9 of the 10 commandments which are reiterated under the New Covenant, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day is not binding on Christians under the New Covenant.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. - Acts 14:15
2. You shall make no idols. - 1 John 5:21
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. - James 5:12
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. - Not binding on the Church - Colossians 2:16-17
5. Honor your father and your mother. - Ephesians 6:1-2
6. You shall not murder. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 John 3:15
7. You shall not commit adultery. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
8. You shall not steal. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 4:28
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Romans 13:9-10; Colossians 3:9-10
10. You shall not covet. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 5:3

*The Roman Catholic church also errors by mixing observing the Commandments with salvation by grace through faith and teaches salvation by works. :(

"The Council of Trent teaches that salvation comes through the Ten Commandments; the Second Vatican Council confirms: "The bishops, successors of the apostles, receive from the Lord . . . the mission of teaching all peoples, and of preaching the Gospel to every creature, so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments"(CCC # 2068).
It might be prudent to point out that your preaching and the Catholics preaching agree perfectly where God's Sabbath is concerned. And that many of your religious traditions don't come from God's Word, but from the Catholic Church. If fact, many of Mainstream Christian traditions are founded on Catholic Doctrines. If you like I can start a thread and show this phenomenon.

As for the Patience of the Saints.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus.

It is one thing to believe Jesus has cleansed my past sin which is what the Bible says He did. But if I don't repent of my ways and turn to God's ways, then I will continue to practice iniquity. This "work" is no acceptable to God.

Idolatry, creating "Feasts unto the Lord", rejecting what He calls Holy and Sanctified. This "works" have been committed by persons claiming to be God's Children since Abel was killed by his "Christian" brother Cain. Those truly Faithful servant's of the Word didn't do these things.

"Many" people will claim to be "Christians" as Jesus said would be the case. And the Path they are on is broad with "MANY" on it. But the narrow Path Jesus walked, and Abel, and Abraham and Noah, and Caleb, and Nehemiah, and Zechariahs, and Paul, and Peter, this is the Path we should choose.

And the one thing all the Biblical examples, who walked the narrow path, had in common is their submission and respect to God's instructions, and their Faith in the Word which became Flesh. And these are the ones who receive the most hatred from those who call Him Lord, Lord, but do not what He says.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

So this would suggest that if a person is truly dedicated to God, has truly "turned to Him" with all their heart, then these people will be ridiculed and scorned by the "MANY" on the broad path, who call Jesus Lord, Lord, but practice iniquity (Transgress God's Commandment).

Jesus said it was Lawful to do good on His Sabbath, He created specifically for man. In my opinion, the Bible teaches it is not Good to reject His Commandment, certainly not one that Jesus made for men.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It might be prudent to point out that your preaching and the Catholics preaching agree perfectly where God's Sabbath is concerned. And that many of your religious traditions don't come from God's Word, but from the Catholic Church. If fact, many of Mainstream Christian traditions are founded on Catholic Doctrines. If you like I can start a thread and show this phenomenon.

As for the Patience of the Saints.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus.

It is one thing to believe Jesus has cleansed my past sin which is what the Bible says He did. But if I don't repent of my ways and turn to God's ways, then I will continue to practice iniquity. This "work" is no acceptable to God.

Idolatry, creating "Feasts unto the Lord", rejecting what He calls Holy and Sanctified. This "works" have been committed by persons claiming to be God's Children since Abel was killed by his "Christian" brother Cain. Those truly Faithful servant's of the Word didn't do these things.

"Many" people will claim to be "Christians" as Jesus said would be the case. And the Path they are on is broad with "MANY" on it. But the narrow Path Jesus walked, and Abel, and Abraham and Noah, and Caleb, and Nehemiah, and Zechariahs, and Paul, and Peter, this is the Path we should choose.

And the one thing all the Biblical examples, who walked the narrow path, had in common is their submission and respect to God's instructions, and their Faith in the Word which became Flesh. And these are the ones who receive the most hatred from those who call Him Lord, Lord, but do not what He says.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

So this would suggest that if a person is truly dedicated to God, has truly "turned to Him" with all their heart, then these people will be ridiculed and scorned by the "MANY" on the broad path, who call Jesus Lord, Lord, but practice iniquity (Transgress God's Commandment).

Jesus said it was Lawful to do good on His Sabbath, He created specifically for man. In my opinion, the Bible teaches it is not Good to reject His Commandment, certainly not one that Jesus made for men.
Your post is refreshing to hear. May God give me all it requires to live up to this. Thank you.....j

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Those who focused on ceremonial observances (days, months, years) but did not love their neighbors as themselves were in the yoke of bondage (Gal 4:10).
GAL.4 [8] Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.[9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? [10] YE OBSERVE DAYS, AND MONTHS, AND TIMES, AND YEARS.[11] I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Let scripture interpret scripture Nehemiah6. Galatians 4 says nothing about sabbaths or feast days. Its speaking of those who observe times.

DEUT.18 [9] When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.[10] There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, OR AN OBSERVER OF TIMES, or an enchanter, or a witch,[11] Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

The same thing goes on to this very day. Its speaking of the occult. Those who observe certain days by use of horoscopes?

2 CHR.33 [3] For he built again the high places which Hezekiah his father had broken down, and he reared up altars for Baalim, and made groves, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.[4] Also he built altars in the house of the LORD, whereof the LORD had said, In Jerusalem shall my name be for ever.[5] And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD.[6] And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: ALSO HE OBSERVED TIMES, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger

Enchantments, witchcraft, familiar spirits, and wizards. Its speaking of the occult. Not following sabbath days.

LEV.19 [26] Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, NOR OBSERVE TIMES.[27] Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.[28] Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.[29] Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.[30] YE SHALL KEEP MY SABBATHS, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

I guess this scripture says it all. You shall not observe times BUT you will keep my sabbaths.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
ACTS 8 [9] But there was a certain man, called SIMON, which beforetime in the same city USED SORCERY, AND BEWITCHED THE PEOPLE of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: [10] To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God. [11] And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had BEWITCHED THEM WITH SORCERIES.

GALATIANS 3 [1] O foolish Galatians, WHO HATH BEWITCHED YOU, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Little more scriptural proof as to what Gal.4 is speaking of. The occult. Sorcery and the such

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Who teach salvation by “grace plus law, faith plus works.” :(
EPH.2 [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)[6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:[7] That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.[8] FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM.

Hey mailmandan, It is by the grace of God that we are saved. Period. It is a free gift. But to whom is this free gift given? Verse 10 says that those people who will receive the free gift of grace will be walking in good works. What are these good works which GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED that "we must walk in"?

2 JOHN 1 [4] I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. [6] And this is love, that WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. This is the commandment, That, AS YE HAVE HEARD FROM THE BEGINNING, YE SHOULD WALK IN IT.

Youve heard it from the beginning {before ordained}. Its the 10 commandments that we should walk in. But we will fall short. We will sin. No one but Jesus has kept the 10 commandments perfectly.

PSALM 78 [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.[2] I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN A PARABLE: I will utter dark sayings of old:[3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.[4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.[5] FOR HE ESTABLISHED A TESTIMONY IN JACOB, AND APPOINTED A LAW IN ISRAEL, WHICH HE COMMANDED OUR FATHERS, that they should make them known to their children:[6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:[7] That they might set their hope in God, AND NOT FORGET THE WORKS OF GOD, BUT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:[8] And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.[9] The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.[10] THEY KEPT NOT THE COVENANT OF GOD, AND REFUSED TO WALK IN HIS LAW;[11] AND FORGAT HIS WORKS, and his wonders that he had shewed them.

We all know who opened his mouth in parables and who established a testimony in Jacob. Yup, its JESUS CHRIST. So according to Eph.2 Gods people who recieve the free gift of grace, will be walking in the “WORKS” that God ordained {verse 7}. But...verse 9 and 10 prophecies of what will happen to the “many”, because they refuse to walk after the 10 commandments.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
The best way to intepret the meaning of John's writings is to compare them with his other writings of John. The Greek word for "commandments" in Revelation 14:12 is "entole" which means "an order, command, charge, precept, injunction."
MATTHEW 19 [16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, [19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The translated word for commandments in Matthew 19 is “entole”. As you can very very clearly see, its the 10 commandments being spoken of.