You know you are getting old when.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

You wonder why you have a cheese in your pocket.

You don't care anymore when your hair turns grey.

When you come home from shop without the items you went out to buy.

L

LaVieEnRose

Alright! I must be young. I HATE my gray hair and am getting my hair redyed tomorrow. I love the experience, especially when she washes my hair. It’s a luxury.

I know I am old because I have no idea who most of the popular actors and singers are today and when I have to ask my students what their slang terms mean.

M

MissCris

I refuse to get old. I may become outdated, old fashioned, obsolete...but never old.

That being said, (I knew I was...aged... when) my 7 year old son had to show me how to use blue tooth to connect my phone to the car stereo to play music. First he had to explain what blue tooth even is and that it is not, as I tried to tell him, "air wave magic". :rolleyes::sneaky::cool:

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
You use one finger to type on your mobile when texting.

You don’t know what the word “swag” means.

You do “robot moves” in the clubs.

Staying out until 9.00pm is considered “late” for you.

All the social media apps just sound all the same to you.

You say things like “kids these days....”

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009

I just did that last one! And it happens quite a bit :( because I don't have the energy or the patience to go inside the store..

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I'm getting bad at remembering where I parked. On memorial day I went to this huge mall and I took note that my car was in the row that starts directly across from the corner of the sidewalk..... Well I didn't know there was another corner that looked just like it :rolleyes: and I was seriously panicking when I couldn't find my car after walking up and down so many rows and the lot was FULL. I was getting very tired too because it was hot and I was carrying a bag full of takeout food. I eventually saw there was another corner that looked like the first one.. :cautious:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I'm getting bad at remembering where I parked. On memorial day I went to this huge mall and I took note that my car was in the row that starts directly across from the corner of the sidewalk..... Well I didn't know there was another corner that looked just like it :rolleyes: and I was seriously panicking when I couldn't find my car after walking up and down so many rows and the lot was FULL. I was getting very tired too because it was hot and I was carrying a bag full of takeout food. I eventually saw there was another corner that looked like the first one.. :cautious:

I can very much relate to this, Zero.

I don't know if it will help, but one thing I've started doing is taking a couple pictures of landmarks around the area where I've parked--for instance, one store I go to that gets pretty busy has 3 different entrances, and each one has different landmarks by each door. When I get out of my car, I'll snap a pic of the landmark at the end of the row (such as the car shop) and when I get to the door of where I'm going, I'll take another pic from the front of the row that tries to catch the landmark in that background, then make a written note on my phone of any other things to remember (row number if they have them, a lamp post 3 rows to the left, etc.)

I don't think that's a sign of getting old--I honestly think parking lots are just getting too crowded and confusing!o_O

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I can very much relate to this, Zero.

I don't know if it will help, but one thing I've started doing is taking a couple pictures of landmarks around the area where I've parked--for instance, one store I go to that gets pretty busy has 3 different entrances, and each one has different landmarks by each door. When I get out of my car, I'll snap a pic of the landmark at the end of the row (such as the car shop) and when I get to the door of where I'm going, I'll take another pic from the front of the row that tries to catch the landmark in that background, then make a written note on my phone of any other things to remember (row number if they have them, a lamp post 3 rows to the left, etc.)

I don't think that's a sign of getting old--I honestly think parking lots are just getting too crowded and confusing!o_O
Thanks for the tips, Kim. I actually thought about that afterwards and then I found out that you can also just put a marker on google maps before leaving your car...

Anyway...It's honestly become a big problem for me. I never thought I'd be that person that always forgets where they park because I used to have an almost photographic memory. I know when it started, it was because of a very stressful time I had to go through and now its probably tied to experiencing the loss of my dad...

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
You know you're getting old when halfway up the stairs you stop to try and remember what you were heading upstairs for.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
when you need a daily nap mid afternoon.

when kids use "snack", and you sit there wondering why it's not about food.

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
When your mom tells you to come out of the basement and make your own sandwich.

dcccc

Jul 9, 2017

yes iknow what mean

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
One sure fire way I've found to know you're getting old is when you make a noise every time you sit down or get up.

T

toinena

When you fall asleep while watching TV, and then being woken up by your own snore

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
When you don't care if people see that you're in a bad mood.... or that you don't care if your outfit doesn't coordinate well.

T

toinena

When you don't bother to get angry anymore.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
When you take a nap just before you go to bed.