You know you are getting old when.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

When you get annoyed over the remake of your favorite movie (or song)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don’t think this is a “thing”. Get with the times, your “out of it” is showing.
You know you are getting old when you dismiss new sayings as "I don't think this is a thing" because you don't know how (or alternatively don't want to bother) to look new slang up on urbandictionary.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
you know you're getting old when you try to stay up on Friday nights, and you're asleep by 10:30 pm.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
You know you're getting old when you realize that you're catching up with Tourist. :p:D

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ouch...

L

LittleMermaid

When you don't know how to use the "new" apps. I have never used Snapchat, Tinder, Twitter, Tik Tok, WeChat...none of those. I'm still trying to figure out how to change my ringtone! :ROFL:

Aug 2, 2009
When you don't know how to use the "new" apps. I have never used Snapchat, Tinder, Twitter, Tik Tok, WeChat...none of those. I'm still trying to figure out how to change my ringtone! :ROFL:
I don't know how to use those either... but I did have a twitter account once several years ago.... IDK, maybe I still have it lol. :unsure:

T

toinena

Suddenly I didn't feel that old. Snapchat is waste of time and vanity.... And sadly older folks than I are snapchatting all the time. Even the teachers that are close to retirement send snapchats. I have a twitter acount, but can't think of anything interesting to say. And to whom should that be? I do have wechat, because of a friend of mine uses that. Tinder. Yes I have tried it. In two turns three years apart. First time was YEAH then OUCH. Second time was BLAH- what a waste of time! Tik tok... never heard of. But I have used KIK, Meetme, Hangout and WhatsApp. And Telegram. I had a friend that changed platforms to communicate as often as he changed shirts. And we spoke every day for months, so I got to try abit with him.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I had a friend that changed platforms to communicate as often as he changed shirts. And we spoke every day for months, so I got to try abit with him.
Yeah, Randall Monroe (author of that webcomic I may have quoted once or 84 times now) knows that same friend.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You need a chart to keep track of which friends use which chat systems.

Yes I know I have mentioned it before, but I still like it.

T

toinena

Yeah, Randall Monroe (author of that webcomic I may have quoted once or 84 times now) knows that same friend.
Did I mention to you 87 times that Skype has gone bad after the Microsoft takeover? And have you noticed the constant lagging when using the Microsoft owned app on a Microsoft run machine? Do you know what my answer is to this? Yes. I think I have mentioned that 93 times. Ubuntu! And use the chrome browser version.

Has anyone told me I am repeating myself?

T

toinena

Oh yes. I use slack, too. That for me is messy as messy can be. I have not figured my way through that. Perhaps I am getting old, anyway....

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You know you are getting old when your memory is not what it used to be.

Also you know you are getting old when your memory is not what it used to be.

By the way, did I mention you know you are getting old when your memory... oh, I did?

Aug 2, 2009
Suddenly I didn't feel that old. Snapchat is waste of time and vanity.... And sadly older folks than I are snapchatting all the time. Even the teachers that are close to retirement send snapchats. I have a twitter acount, but can't think of anything interesting to say. And to whom should that be? I do have wechat, because of a friend of mine uses that. Tinder. Yes I have tried it. In two turns three years apart. First time was YEAH then OUCH. Second time was BLAH- what a waste of time! Tik tok... never heard of. But I have used KIK, Meetme, Hangout and WhatsApp. And Telegram. I had a friend that changed platforms to communicate as often as he changed shirts. And we spoke every day for months, so I got to try abit with him.
I only joined twitter to keep up with some news because back then I heard that people used it for their news, but it was horrible for news in my opinion. I need real news, not just blurbs.

L

LaVieEnRose

You know you are getting old when you dismiss new sayings as "I don't think this is a thing" because you don't know how (or alternatively don't want to bother) to look new slang up on urbandictionary.
You know you are old when you resort to using urbandictionary to look up the meanings of slang words.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Or when you have to find out from your students.