you know you live in Michigan when......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You know you're in northern Alberta when you get all excited because the forecast says it is going above 0C, and you have to explain to your American friends that means 32 F.

You know you will be deflated when the heat wave doesn't pan out, leaving you in the -10s to -30s, which is........

Forget the Fahrenheit, I'm tired of translating for the only country in the world that doesn't use metric. And yes, I was raised on Imperial, and I am so JEALOUS!!!

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
You know you're in northern Alberta when you get all excited because the forecast says it is going above 0C, and you have to explain to your American friends that means 32 F.

You know you will be deflated when the heat wave doesn't pan out, leaving you in the -10s to -30s, which is........

Forget the Fahrenheit, I'm tired of translating for the only country in the world that doesn't use metric. And yes, I was raised on Imperial, and I am so JEALOUS!!!
I remember a while ago I watched a documentary on building the International Space Station and one of the russian scientist guys mentioned that the Americans had supplied 100 yards of cable instead of 100 meters (or something like that) Found it quite funny, especially when he said "Bloody Americans" lol coming from a Russian I thought that was humourus :)

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
......when your driver's license says "Michigan" as the state it was issued from?
I'm lucky, I reread mine over and over and I now know where I live by memory. :)
Is this a trick question? :D

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
You know you live in SoCal when "Winter" forecast looks like this:

Untitled.jpg

:eek:

S

sassylady

You know you live in Michigan when you have to wear your winter coat over your halloween costume

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
You know you were born in Michigan (Dec 9th) when your parents brought you home in a Red Wings blanket.

P

psychomom

You know you were born in Michigan (Dec 9th) when your parents brought you home in a Red Wings blanket.
wow!

i guess i'm glad i was born in MI in May! :)

*takes perverse pleasure in the fact her sisters were born in Feb and Dec*

Dec 26, 2012
wow!

But hockey season in Michigan isn't finished till June. :p

S

Susanna

The metric system seems to be more logical than ours. 0 is a good way of drawing the line between above freezing and sub freezing.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
wow!

Am I your sister I was born in December?

K

kaylagrl

​Vermont is snowy right now and it's supposed to sleet and freezing rain today.. glorious :/.. lol :)

​I've been to Vermont several times.Very beautiful in the fall!

K

kaylagrl

Well I was born in Nova Scotia,Canada.You knew you were from there when you looked outside in your driveway and knew there was a car there but couldn't find it for snow.You knew you were from NS when you spent 2hrs shoveling your driveway to have it filled in again in a minute and a half by the passing snow plow.
I live in Kentucky now.You know you're from here when you have to wear sandals and t shirts and your winter coat and pack an umbrella all in one day.Crazy weather.Cant remember it being such a mix of snow,rain,sun.I cant pack any clothes away for the season.

P

psychomom

Am I your sister I was born in December?
but of course! :)

i was talking about our other sister.

born to my parents, in my family...
born of God, in our Family. :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
................your football teams are............well..........(better not say it..... :) )

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
..............when your surrounded by 10,000 Lakes and you ain't never caught a fish..........