You know you're a nerd/geek when...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
wh3n y0u wr1t3 l1k3 th15 b3cau53 y0u ar3 b0r3d
Actually that USED to be nerd cool. Then everybody started doing it, so the cool nerds stopped doing it... and started looking down on the masses who still used it.

*Lynx proceeds to look down on wwjd_kilden. :p

I am of course kidding about looking down on you, but the uber nerds really do disparage it these days. When it was nerd-cool they called it leet speech. When everybody started doing it they called it AOL speech. Apparently it works to make them feel superior.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
when you carry a laminated copy of the U.S. Constitution in your backpack
when you carry a graphing calculator inside your purse (even on the weekends when you don't have classes)

Kim, this is a spin-off of your nerd/geek thread. ;)
you dress like Sheldon Cooper and watch The Big Bang Theory.......

M

MollyConnor

[video=youtube;tSDcbucrWmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSDcbucrWmw[/video]

When you do the dance to this song with your nerdy friends... :p

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

...when you got all excited about finding a "deal" on wargaming miniatures on eBay and are counting the days until they get to you so you can add to your army.

E

Edje

Hi MollyConnor,

Can you explain to me why you need a calculator inside your purse?

M

MollyConnor

Hi MollyConnor,

Can you explain to me why you need a calculator inside your purse?
Because I tutor kids and math is a subject they have trouble with the most. A lot of them don't bring a graphing calculator. But I don't carry it in my purse anymore b/c I have a small purse now. I just take a backpack when I tutor or go to class. :)

You're a nerd when you are singing Tim McGraw's "Truck Yeah" and you get to the part where he says "Friday night football, Saturday last call, Sunday hallelujah." And you ask your friend "I wonder what 'last call' means?" She laughed at me and explained it.
:p

Milktalk

Feb 19, 2017
When u keep saying "The knights that say ni!!" ;)

Aug 10, 2017
when you carry a laminated copy of the U.S. Constitution in your backpack
when you carry a graphing calculator inside your purse (even on the weekends when you don't have classes)

Kim, this is a spin-off of your nerd/geek thread. ;)
You know you are a geek when your understanding of Greek Grammar is more accurate than your native language (English).

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Because I tutor kids and math is a subject they have trouble with the most. A lot of them don't bring a graphing calculator. But I don't carry it in my purse anymore b/c I have a small purse now. I just take a backpack when I tutor or go to class. :)

You're a nerd when you are singing Tim McGraw's "Truck Yeah" and you get to the part where he says "Friday night football, Saturday last call, Sunday hallelujah." And you ask your friend "I wonder what 'last call' means?" She laughed at me and explained it.
:p
I must be a nerd then cause I don't even know that song.

So what is last call? The last dance at a square dance where they call the dance moves?

Feb 22, 2017
When you spend your Friday night with a nerd/geek, and enjoy it!!

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Math and Science are your favourite subjects...

(Please don't get offended, math/science lovers...those are personally my favourite subjects, also...)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
You know you're a nerd when you see WineRose's signature and you really, really want a candy apple dinosaur.

Or maybe I'm just hungry.

Nothing worse than a hungry nerd.

T

toinena

When you get a kick out of meeting someone that actually understands your narrow field of geekness. Swedish-Finnish dialects? Cool. Let's watch another video! Or have you watched this about Maoris? Doesn't it just sound like Finnish without understanding a single word! And then it just goes on and on. And we both experience a joy not often encountered in this world. Or when I meet with my friend and we forget to go to dinner, because we are playing a computer game about french geography.

To conclude. You know you are a nerd when you love spending time with nerds. (that has some kind of nerdity in common with you, of course)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You know you're a nerd when you see WineRose's signature and you really, really want a candy apple dinosaur.

Or maybe I'm just hungry.

Nothing worse than a hungry nerd.
I think that I want a caramel apple with nuts.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

...when you spend the better part of a late evening drawing up plans for a 2000 point Warhammer 40k army, even though you never, ever, ever intend to field it or play against anyone. Just knowing you can if you want to is satisfaction enough.

T

toinena

When you smile when you hear/see the number 42.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
...when you spend the better part of a late evening drawing up plans for a 2000 point Warhammer 40k army, even though you never, ever, ever intend to field it or play against anyone. Just knowing you can if you want to is satisfaction enough.
I was so disappointed when I found out Warhammer 40k was a table-top game, not a video game...

Quote from a guy who has made table-top AND video games:
"Making table-top games is much easier, much more simple. You never have a guy calling you up to say "I can't seem to turn to page 7 today, I don't know why." Nobody ever has a problem with starting a table-top game and they suddenly can't hear their stereo for some reason."

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I was so disappointed when I found out Warhammer 40k was a table-top game, not a video game...

Quote from a guy who has made table-top AND video games:
"Making table-top games is much easier, much more simple. You never have a guy calling you up to say "I can't seem to turn to page 7 today, I don't know why." Nobody ever has a problem with starting a table-top game and they suddenly can't hear their stereo for some reason."
There was a video game at one point. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine. I played it on PS3. It was awesome.