You know you're getting old when.........

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Truer words were never spoken. Even tourists won't wear those things.

You could further add to your image by wearing a shirt that says "I didn't choose the bunny life, the bunny life chose me." That should further help your street cred.
Thanks for the wise advice, ServantStrike. I will definitely put in an order for the "Thug Bunny Life" t-shirt to match my Bunny Fanny Pack.

But at my age, I don't need street cred, I need street meds!!! - Does anyone know any dark alleyways where I can score some cheap Preparation H and Age-Away Wrinkle Cream???

A used-walker would be a good bonus as well. I don't even care if its rusted, because I am rusting as well!!!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
When you begin to wish your knees and hips had Zerk fittings. ;)

S

ServantStrike

Thanks for the wise advice, ServantStrike. I will definitely put in an order for the "Thug Bunny Life" t-shirt to match my Bunny Fanny Pack.

But at my age, I don't need street cred, I need street meds!!! - Does anyone know any dark alleyways where I can score some cheap Preparation H and Age-Away Wrinkle Cream???

A used-walker would be a good bonus as well. I don't even care if its rusted, because I am rusting as well!!!
I'd tell you but well..

You know you're getting old if you know a street pusher who deals in hemorrhoid cream. Just saying.

AzureAfire

Apr 16, 2013
You know you're getting old when................... you no longer care if anyone sees you wearing a bunny fanny pack!!!

AzureAfire, just make sure my bunny pouch is inscribed with the words "Go Bunny or Go Home", at least that would toughen up my image a little bit when wearing it.
You could further add to your image by wearing a shirt that says "I didn't choose the bunny life, the bunny life chose me." That should further help your street cred.
Sure, Descyple ;) no problem!!! :eek: I could embroider that on your bunny pouch myself!!!

Since street cred means something, and so as not to have your man cards shredded, I'm thinking of having a T-shirt made for you with this print:

Tough+buns.jpg

I am the girl of your dreams, right??? :rolleyes: Including the nightmarish kind??? (I want to cover all the bases :p)

S

ServantStrike

Sure, Descyple ;) no problem!!! :eek: I could embroider that on your bunny pouch myself!!!

Since street cred means something, and so as not to have your man cards shredded, I'm thinking of having a T-shirt made for you with this print:

View attachment 92778

I am the girl of your dreams, right??? :rolleyes: Including the nightmarish kind??? (I want to cover all the bases :p)
Hmm... nightmares... anime enthusiast... it's falling into place.

Descyple, you're dating one of those crazy chicks with like bat wings or something. Way to go bro!

K

Kaycie

I don't feel old yet. I got my first grey hair at 16, so having to dye it doesn't make me feel old. I can't think of anything that I could do at 25 that I can't do now. I have no wrinkles, I can still exercise for hours, move heavy furniture, chase toddlers and toss them in the air, I think I still look pretty when I dress up, I have not experienced any signs of menopause, my skin is still soft. I have visited elderly all of my life, and once worked in a nursing home. I know the signs of old, and thankfully I'm not there yet. I am a young gramma, but when I am out with my grandson, strangers ask me, "How old is your son?" And I say, "Oh he's not my son he's my grandson." And they say, "You're kidding!" Some people have been telling me that I'm getting old since I was 20. They actually made me feel like it's too late for anything. I finally came to the point that I'm not gonna let anyone tell me I'm old until I actually am. It is such a depressing mindset. My parents said they were old and could die anytime now, and they said this for the last twenty years- look how much time they wasted. And it is possible that they still have decades to go. And I'm still not as old as they were when they started that kind of talk. People joke about how they are getting old when they are not and I think it makes them old before their time.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I remember a book I read, where in one chapter a reporter called a guy who used to be engineer on an old steam train, to set up an appointment for an interview.
"How about tomorrow at 10am?"
"If I'm still here. I'm 82, I could kick the bucket just any ole time now."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You know you're old when the food you like no longer likes you.

Or did someone do that already? After nine pages I can't remember...

You know either you're getting old or the thread is getting too long when you can't remember whether a certain response has yet been given.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​when your a teenager and you listen to and LIKE the same music your parents listened to and liked when THEY were teenagers..lol :) # true story i swear

S

Susanna

You know you're getting old whenever...eh...mmm...well...I'll have to get back to y'all on this one when I can remember what I was going to say...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​when you're sitting at your computer and get up to go to a different room to get something..get to the other room and cannot for the life of you remember what it was you came there to get!! lol.. #happens to me all da time :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
​when your a teenager and you listen to and LIKE the same music your parents listened to and liked when THEY were teenagers..lol :) # true story i swear
I must have been old when I was still in primary school then. I've always liked old gospel music. And southern gospel, and bluegrass, and black choir, and modern choir, and contemporary christian, and contemporary christian from the past (which wouldn't be contemporary any longer, but they still call it contemporary) and christian rock, and christian rap...

Either I'm a music omnivore or I'm just an old soul. :cool:

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

You're on a TV game show and you decide to risk it all and go for the rocker.

Your attire includes Hawaiian shirt, shorts, sandals and black socks.

thezachattack

Jun 12, 2014
When someone says 10 years ago and your brain thinks mid-90s.

yUdUw.jpg

thezachattack

Jun 12, 2014
When you've experienced the pure joy of being the kid selected to roll the overhead projector cart from the library back to your classroom so you can look at overhead transparencies. And the 10 minutes of class time you got to goof off while the teacher tried to get the projector in focus.

9014ed.jpg

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
When you remember this TV show.

[video=youtube_share;obxfuFrUTzg]http://youtu.be/obxfuFrUTzg[/video]

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
You know you are getting old when you turn look at your spouse adjust your hearing aid and say CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
You know you are getting old when the only chocolate you crave is EX-Lax.

L

live4faith

When life is no longer a mystery ;-)

A

AbbeyJoy

When the day goes by fast.... for me lol and that it's winter all ready :0