You'd rather knot get tied up in this thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2015
I don't even know who I trust with my hair. The past two years, every hair stylist has failed me.

I now have trust issues. lol.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
If I ever allow my hair to go straight again... I shall surely take a pic and post it, just for the sake of the curious. :cool:

However... that might take a couple of years.

If that's any incentive to stick around. :rolleyes:

Lenardzw

Jul 31, 2015
Impressive. I tried that when I was 4 and it didn't turn out so well, haha
Me too! And I thought it was cool till I went to our gate and two guys riding past on bicycles called out to me, "Hey what happened to your hair?" My 6 year old brain worked out that it didn't turn out as well as I had thought.

Last edited:

Lenardzw

Jul 31, 2015
If I ever allow my hair to go straight again... I shall surely take a pic and post it, just for the sake of the curious. :cool:

Why do I get the feeling that its gonna be an "Abraham" kinda wait?:confused:

Lenardzw

Jul 31, 2015
My great-uncle had a number of small business interests when I was really young. One of these was a barbershop, so my brother and I went there for our haircuts since before I can remember. As a teenager and a young man i still went there and a few of the same men were working there. The place had changed ownership a few times over the years but I still went there until I was in my first job. I showed up one Saturday at lunchtime and had a really short cut that day. The barber started on the one side of my head and halfway through power went. Apparently there was a scheduled maintenance of the sub-station at 1 O' Clock and these guys had been notified.:mad: My barber then had the gall to ask me to return on Monday morning to finish my haircut. of course I wasn't the only person in this embarrassing predicament, there were 6 other men with unfinished business. So we MADE them send a delegation to the substation a block away to persuade the electricity maintenance team to give them another 15 mins. That was my last visit to that place.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014

Kim, a more specific question to you..

Were there salons for women around the time of the dinosaurs? Was it difficult to maintain the hair?

:p

runs and hides

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Kim, a more specific question to you..

Were there salons for women around the time of the dinosaurs? Was it difficult to maintain the hair?

:p

runs and hides
Actually, Roh, times were a lot simpler back then.

All one needed was a good flint knife and a club.

The flint knife came in handy for both cutting the hair and skinning your dinner.

And the club? Why, that's what we used when a young whippersnapper started acting up and not keeping quiet around the campfire.

*Stares at Roh.* Come a little closer, dear.

I still have my club, you know. You might call it a relic... but I call it... insurance. :D

C

crosstweed

I don't cut my hair or get trims, but I have considered getting my hair dyed. I've never actually been to a salon (for myself), but I think it could be fun.

I've given my brother a haircut a few times, as well as ntw's hair. I kind of enjoy doing haircuts. ^u^

(Before my brother found a barber he liked, he would ask me to cut his hair because mom would start threatening to do it herself... and you didn't want my mom cutting your hair.)

H

Hellooo

Ugh I never wanted my mom to comb my hair as a kid...so many tears!!

Sep 6, 2013
I don't cut my hair or get trims, but I have considered getting my hair dyed. I've never actually been to a salon (for myself), but I think it could be fun.

I've given my brother a haircut a few times, as well as ntw's hair. I kind of enjoy doing haircuts. ^u^

(Before my brother found a barber he liked, he would ask me to cut his hair because mom would start threatening to do it herself... and you didn't want my mom cutting your hair.)
Ah, I am scarred for life from my mom cutting my hair as a child.

C

crosstweed

Ah, I am scarred for life from my mom cutting my hair as a child.
Yeah... she would always take off waaaaay more than he wanted, whereas I would ask him how much and where, and then feather it so it didn't look butchered off. He liked having a say about how his hair would look for the next 3 months lol

Sep 6, 2013
Yeah... she would always take off waaaaay more than he wanted, whereas I would ask him how much and where, and then feather it so it didn't look butchered off. He liked having a say about how his hair would look for the next 3 months lol
My mother inflicted the girl mullet on me. I still have bitter feelings about it. :p I finally became old enough to absolutely refuse.

a20b6ee07ddf633545830ed0e2f56a94.jpg
(No, this isn't me, but it's close enough to make me feel sad.)

C

crosstweed

My mother inflicted the girl mullet on me. I still have bitter feelings about it. :p I finally became old enough to absolutely refuse.

View attachment 160155
(No, this isn't me, but it's close enough to make me feel sad.)

LOL Wowww... I'm sorry.
I think I would need professional help after that...