I have great respect for Ussher (the monk, not the pop singer). That said, he was off the mark by a couple hundred years. That's absolutely nothing in the scheme of things. Certainly a much better effort than that given by the evolutionists and old agers. Also, I've read plenty about the Gap Theory - why it's right, why it's wrong and everything in between. It's not a viable option if you read the Bible plainly. God created the earth, matter, then he gave it form and purpose. That's the definition of creation. There was no Satanic Flood or whatever. Just one, the global Flood of Noah's time.
You mean you've read plenty of books of men... about the Gap idea. And that's all they are, books of men, never a replacement for God's Word. So you can listen to those men, I will listen to God in His Word, and the rest of what you say is just your opinion and nothing more.