Your dream home

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
We can all dream right? What would your dream home be like this side of heaven.
how many bedrooms, bathrooms, square foot, will it be brick, timber, rammed earth...? What else would it have? Location? Garden? entertaining areas? guest accomodation? spa or swimming pool?

Or maybe you are already living in your dream home! Share your vision.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
woah! the pool alone gives me vertigo and drowning sensations at the same time...

Is that your dream home whispered? wow.

I'll have to really think about mine. If I lived near the Pacific Ocean I would want it to be near a lagoon which had nice warm water all the time and I could wade out and feed the fish. Not sure how it would survive a tsunami though or global warming or nuclear testing, but I suppose I can dream of a world where that doesnt happen.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hmm... my dream home. Lets see I love the beauty of nature even though I can't stand all the bugs they always find me lol but even so I would have a modest place not so much a cottage but a medium sized house with enough rooms in it that I can have people sleep over if they wanted. I would live in a nature kind of place where it never gets to hot or to cold just enough and there would be green lush grass everywhere a pathway to go on walks where I can visited gardens and fascinating things to see and look at as well as butterflies flowers and the ponds and small streams that flow through the land.
It would be near a small town where the community is all family not by blood but because it is a close community everyone knows each other and frequently love to be together and do things together having cook outs going to church watching movies going on walks in the town park ect.

There would be plenty of interesting shops to browse in the town and the air in town has a good vibe to it like even when times are hard you know that everyone comes together. I would have stand up lamps so that when I go on my walks on pleasent cool nights the lamps light make everything shine in a way that only can only be appreciated at night.
The grass ponds rivers fireflies that are everywhere lighting the night a cool gentle breeze the sky so brilliant with stars and clear that you could get lose time just staring at it. and I would meet a special girl who also happens to be my neighbor she is a gentle kind soul who's spirit resembles the garden she loves to take care of and that I would often walk and frequent with her permission of course.

WWe would have a family togther and be married and have a daughter we would have a cute little cat who loves to explore but always comes home soon after to be affectionate and get affection we also would have a pet dog who instantly upon meeting her would be very protective of our baby girl and would do adorable things like if she dropped her blanky would pick it up and give it to her and she laughs and hugs him.

Believe me I could go and on but I fear I already made this waaaay to long my bad guys lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
love it. Keep them coming.
well my dream home is going to be bult in dribs and drabs its not going to be a kitset job.
But I have thought a bit more about how it does have to have library in it with space for at least 1000 books. I dont want too big a house though because I know big houses are a pain to clean.

The location will be not too far inland and not too close to the sea because it needs to be sheltered and not windswept. Perhaps near a river but one that does not flood, or I would have a well or water source like a fresh spring. It will be one story as I like my feet on the ground Im not a fan of lofty spaces, but there will be roof access so that you can go up to gaze at the stars on warm nights.

I think bricks or rammed earth is best so its warm in winter and cool in summer. The windows are going to be coloured glass and the floor mosaic tiles, with plush rugs and lots of reading nooks.
Of course there be space for a garden so there will be a semi courtyard in the middle of the house so it might actually be a u shaped house.

at this stage I am having three bedrooms, possibly four at the most. One will be a little studio or writers gazebo guesthouse/sleep out. each room will have its own prayer closet and I will have all joinings made of real wood that is sweetly fraganced. My lounge is going to be called the enteraining angels lounge, and there will be harps and other musical instruments to play....
each bedroom will have a windowbox garden inbuilt and the sunny kitchen wall is going to be entirely covered in grapevines and espaliered fruit trees.

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

It doesn't matter to me how big or how small my house would be how many nice things inside and outside my house ...as long as I am living with the people I love I am living in my dream house... 😊

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Hmmmmm....so many things. I would like a nice cabin in the north, but with really good electricity, WiFi, and indoor plumbing. It would hopefully be a 3 bedroom 2 bath, nice wood look tile, an indoor pool MAYBE, but that would be it. I think as long as it was nice and pretty, maybe close to a lake or some woods, but close enough for shopping...

For me it’s more the area than the house itself, BUT I would love love love to have my own art studio ✨✨✨

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I would love a sun room and preferably for the back side of the house to face the woods and have big glass doors and windows.

Feb 10, 2014
I want to live on The World. It's a cruise ship where you buy condos. That way I can always be home and always traveling.

Jul 20, 2019
Mine has to be in a rural setting, along a dusty country road, chickens, a water tank, vegetable garden, and a reticulated sewer system. And away from any neighbours surrounded by trees, so I can keep the laundry way down.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hmm... my dream home. Lets see I love the beauty of nature even though I can't stand all the bugs they always find me lol but even so I would have a modest place not so much a cottage but a medium sized house with enough rooms in it that I can have people sleep over if they wanted. I would live in a nature kind of place where it never gets to hot or to cold just enough and there would be green lush grass everywhere a pathway to go on walks where I can visited gardens and fascinating things to see and look at as well as butterflies flowers and the ponds and small streams that flow through the land.
It would be near a small town where the community is all family not by blood but because it is a close community everyone knows each other and frequently love to be together and do things together having cook outs going to church watching movies going on walks in the town park ect.

There would be plenty of interesting shops to browse in the town and the air in town has a good vibe to it like even when times are hard you know that everyone comes together. I would have stand up lamps so that when I go on my walks on pleasent cool nights the lamps light make everything shine in a way that only can only be appreciated at night.
The grass ponds rivers fireflies that are everywhere lighting the night a cool gentle breeze the sky so brilliant with stars and clear that you could get lose time just staring at it. and I would meet a special girl who also happens to be my neighbor she is a gentle kind soul who's spirit resembles the garden she loves to take care of and that I would often walk and frequent with her permission of course.

WWe would have a family togther and be married and have a daughter we would have a cute little cat who loves to explore but always comes home soon after to be affectionate and get affection we also would have a pet dog who instantly upon meeting her would be very protective of our baby girl and would do adorable things like if she dropped her blanky would pick it up and give it to her and she laughs and hugs him.

Believe me I could go and on but I fear I already made this waaaay to long my bad guys lol
Sounds like Tennessee.

Well... except for the interesting shops part. That depends on your definition of "interesting." And the girl is of course something we can't promise. But the small town with a strong sense of community, fireflies, weather that never gets as hot as Florida or as cold as Wisconsin, grass that grows everywhere with no effort to plant or fertilize or water... we got it.

We also have no idea what this "drought" thing is that other people talk about so much. A time when you can't get water? We can't even picture that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I want to live on The World. It's a cruise ship where you buy condos. That way I can always be home and always traveling.
I heard of that but it would be mega expensive!
I know a couple who sold up and living on a yacht where they are berthed somewhere in the Bahamas but they are stuck there and cant get through the Panama Canal. I think they miss their homeland though.

for me, I couldnt live on a yacht for too long as am prone to sea sickness. So sorry any sailors out there. I could handle it for maybe 40 days and nights tops.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Love the hobbitt house!
You need to be vertically challenged to live in one of those, or not grown up yet lol. It would get annoying having to duck all the time. Otherwise, its snug and cosy...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It doesn't matter to me how big or how small my house would be how many nice things inside and outside my house ...as long as I am living with the people I love I am living in my dream house... 😊
Have you read...the Little House on the Prairie books?
laura Ingalls Wilder lived in several that her dad built, one memorable one her dad made of logs in the big woods and he had to keep the wolves out. There was a long winter and when they ran out of coal they had to bundle wheat together to burn to keep warm and stay put until it was over.

I cant imagine anyone today building a house like that and just moving somewhere because the US govt back then offered free land for the taking. People would literally pack their wagon and race to get their stake and claim of land first. Those pioneer days are over.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My dream home... well that depends on the objectives of the one doing the dreaming. I'm a guy and I don't like bothering with stuff that I shouldn't have to bother with.

So my dream home would be small and sturdy. It would have a small yard covered with dwarf pine trees. Pine trees are awesome because they drop needles everywhere and grass won't grow at all. I hate mowing.

It would be out in the county where no small-town or big-city committee would tell me what I had to or could not do with my property. I like my dog to be free (as long as he ain't causing trouble with the neighbors) and I like my yard to be whatever I want it to be without being fined by a group of busybodies who are worried about their property values.

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

Have you read...the Little House on the Prairie books?
laura Ingalls Wilder lived in several that her dad built, one memorable one her dad made of logs in the big woods and he had to keep the wolves out. There was a long winter and when they ran out of coal they had to bundle wheat together to burn to keep warm and stay put until it was over.

I cant imagine anyone today building a house like that and just moving somewhere because the US govt back then offered free land for the taking. People would literally pack their wagon and race to get their stake and claim of land first. Those pioneer days are over.
That sounds like a beautiful story is it a true story? A house sorrounded by the natural beauty in the woods is beautiful 😊 Small and simple is pretty for me so I imagine the house in the story is a pretty house 😊

I don't read books...I am lazy to read books...when I was a kid I loved to read/listen kids stories but when I grew up and learned that many stories were just writers beautiful imaginations I lose interest in reading books...But my impression to those who read and own tons of books are intelligent I don't know because I can't imagine myself reading a book (except "The bible") page by page😊 though I don't read books I actually encourage my siblings to read and keep reading books 😊

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Great thread, Lanolin!

I have always loved living spaces, whether big or small, one room or 50 (I've only toured places that large, never actually stayed in one!) But if I had to choose something permanent, I would want something comfortable. Nothing too big or that too much time and expense to maintain. Just enough to have some room to move about and yet feel cozy when friends hopefully came to visit.

My dream residence would actually be everywhere. I've always wanted to have a "home base" where I could keep my things and come back to in order to recharge, but if I had my "dream life," I'd spend every couple months in a new location or dwelling. I would see what friends were available and say, "Hey, I found this great deal on such-and-such site, what would you think about going to X place and living in (a fort, a cottage, an igloo, a tree house...) for a week or however long we could stay?"

I've gone through small periods of my life where I had a taste of that lifestyle and would find myself in the middle of suburban America one month, in the middle of nowhere the next, and various places here and there like the top bunk of a friend's child's bunk bed, and I loved it all.

I love the expression that "Home is where you make it, and whomever you make it with (whether friends, family, or a spouse)," and someday, I would love to be able to test out that theory.