I would be willing to bet cash that the issue is purely on your end since no one else is complaining about it.
Thank you for responding.
You are correct - partially.
The script problem still exists.
However, the beat-my-cpu-to-death situation (identified by the fan speed going way up) seems to have been solved.
There is a service program called 'akonadi' that apparently tripped over itself continually and drove the CPU usage way up.
I disabled it and the computer "calmed way down"...
I don't need it running anyway.
I have had a headache all day. (Friday)
When the headache subsided, I decided to check into it (on my end).
When I wrote that last post, I was still dealing with the headache.
And, my computer had 'frozen' twice (forcing me to reboot) at that point in time.
"Thanks for understanding..."
- Show all