Shoud I ask a girl out?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sirk

In Montana....Rocky Mountain Oysters are said to be good. I have not tried em.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No, not particularly. But I'm keen to try snake and goanna sometime. Although, it's basically illegal for non-Aboriginals to kill to eat such animals, so I'd have to go to an Aboriginal reserve or something to try it. Don't see that happening any time soon. :)
in Tennessee you can buy it canned. tastes like opossum, am told. not sure how legitimate that is... but not exactly all that doubtful.

Capture.jpg
from The Victoria Advocate, Jan. 31 1932

T

Tintin

Posthuman, skunk tastes like opossum? Really? What, like an opossum that's been rotting in a bin for half a year?

Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'll pass on this one.

Jul 22, 2014
While I may not eat skunk, snake, or reptiles, I might give Squirrel melts a try, though.

[video=youtube;7RlK0Xd4c2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlK0Xd4c2c[/video]

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
now, now. lets not bring logic and reasoning into the conversation. let's not use the brain that God gave us to make rational conclusions. let's just stand back and yell SIN HELL JUDGEMENT. this is what draws folks to Christ.
And leaving this part of the teaching has brought in compromising Christians into the Church....
As much as its not mentioned, its still part of the Gospel, God saving us from eternity separated from HIM, the lake of fire. and Giving us eternal life...

B

BritishDave

When did we start talking about Australian meats on this thread?? :D

S

Sirk

When tintin got hungry due to a kangaroo joke

Jul 22, 2014
And leaving this part of the teaching has brought in compromising Christians into the Church....
As much as its not mentioned, its still part of the Gospel, God saving us from eternity separated from HIM, the lake of fire. and Giving us eternal life...
I agree. The gospel should never be watered down. Sin, the Judgment, Hell, and the Lake of Fire are very real things. Without Jesus Christ (Who is God Almighty in the flesh) and in abiding in Him and His righteousness, nobody has a chance. For He is the only mediator between God the Father and man. For He died for our sins, and was buried, and risen three days later (Conquering sin and death) so as to give us the free gift of salvation. So when we repent of our sins and accept Him as our Savior, we will not be destroyed in the Lake of Fire along with the wicked. He can save us. However, if we do not fear the Lord, then we are in big trouble. Why? Well, the Scriptures say, fear not him who can destroy the body but fear him who can destroy both body and soul in Hell (i.e. Gehenna, - The Lake of Fire).

Last edited:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I did not say not to talk about sin and judgement. because both are real. I said we do not need to be all about them, but balance the facts that God loves everyone and desires that all come to repentance as Peter said. and part of this is not naming things like a simple date as a sin. and, as far as that goes, not naming ANYTHING a sin that is not one.

A

AbbeyJoy

Hey it's no problem with taking her to prom lol my brother started dating a girl who wasn't raised in church but then soon after she meet him she gave her life to Jesus. He meet her at a dream center in LA were they serve people and help homeless and stuff so yeah maybe it's a good way to show her God's love :)

Dec 12, 2013
I already discussed that it was okay to take her to the Prom if his goal was to tell her about Jesus Christ. What I don't like is that folks here are trying to treat this woman like she is someone that he can actually hook up with (When that is not the reality according to Scripture). We are not to be unevenly yoked with unbelievers.
No offence but this reeks of ignorance....1st Corinthians 7 deals with marriage and (being hooked up) with unbelievers and it is perfectly FINE...Your misguided view of 2nd Corinthins 6 is applied to WORKING TOGETHER for the cause of Christ and has nothing at all to do with marriage......WE then as WORKERS TOGETHER<----context is found in first 2 verses......!

Dec 12, 2013
While I admire your restraint (Which is a refreshing change from our previous controversial conversations) claiming that I am in error in truth on various things doesn't actually mean anything unless you can back it up with the whole of Scripture.
Jason.....many and I repeat MANY have proven you worng on quite a few truths that you have twisted....both with the languages, context and application...you simply refuse to acknowledge the truth and or admit error...Paul told the Corinthian Church to be (Enlarged)<---open to learning and instruction...this seems to evade you........again no offence meant!

Jul 22, 2014
No offence but this reeks of ignorance....1st Corinthians 7 deals with marriage and (being hooked up) with unbelievers and it is perfectly FINE...Your misguided view of 2nd Corinthins 6 is applied to WORKING TOGETHER for the cause of Christ and has nothing at all to do with marriage......WE then as WORKERS TOGETHER<----context is found in first 2 verses......!
Well, 1 Corinthians 7:13-16 is in context to already being married to an unbeliever. It is saying you are not to divorce them if your partner chooses to stay with you. It is not telling you to marry an unbeliever. Big difference. You will find no Scripture (Especially in the New Testament) where it is okay for us to seek out marriage to an unbeliever.

As for 2 Corinthians 6, marriage, the body of believers, and being yoked together: Well, if you were to read Romans 7:4, it says we are married to one another within the body of Christ. This is important to understand because true believers are the bride of Christ. We are the body of Christ with Jesus being the head of that body. For Jesus is saving the body of believers and not the wicked who are rejecting him. They are outside the body. They are not a part of it.

Jul 22, 2014
Jason.....many and I repeat MANY have proven you worng on quite a few truths that you have twisted....both with the languages, context and application...you simply refuse to acknowledge the truth and or admit error...Paul told the Corinthian Church to be (Enlarged)<---open to learning and instruction...this seems to evade you........again no offence meant!
Colossians 4:6.

Last edited:

1joseph

Dec 14, 2014
Hey it's no problem with taking her to prom lol my brother started dating a girl who wasn't raised in church but then soon after she meet him she gave her life to Jesus. He meet her at a dream center in LA were they serve people and help homeless and stuff so yeah maybe it's a good way to show her God's love :)
I'm counting this as a vote for Dave to ask the girl to the Prom.

1joseph

Dec 14, 2014
Final talley on whether Dave should ask the girl to the Prom:

7 Yay's
1 Nay

note: There were a few other posts that didn't give Dave direct advice on asking or not asking the girl to the Prom but giving him other advice, including praying about it.