Since becoming a born again Child of God, some 25 yrs. ago, I have come to understand 1 overriding principle. There isn't a Christian I know, including my wife and children, that believe exactly as I believe, on every doctrine or issue.
So with that in mind, I'd like to see if there is indeed ANYBODY out there that believes everything I do. Or at least someone who comes close. I'm not going to give their doctrinal names.
Here are the fundamentals that I believe every Christian MUST believe and agree on to be considered my brother or sister in the Lord:
1. We are ALL sinners in need of a Savior.
2. Jesus Christ IS that Savior. The ONLY Savior.
3. Jesus IS God in the flesh, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born to a virgin.
4. Jesus was crucified and died to pay our sin debt.
5. God raised Him to life from the dead. ( Believing all this comes by Grace through Faith )
Issues that are probably necessary, but won't discount that person could be my Brethren if they believe differently, because not absolutely certain is vital:
6. The Trinity in the sense that God is 3 distinct persons. ( denying Jesus is God means not a Christian however )
7. Absolutely no works to attain or maintain Salvation.
8. Impossibility of losing Salvation. ( If you spell LOSING, LOOSING, probably not saved! LOL )
9. Water Baptism NOT necessary for Salvation.
10. The Bible is infallible in it's original languages written.
Issues that I am convinced of, but don't believe it affects Salvation to those that think differently.
11. The Church DID NOT replace Israel. They have different promises and destinies, although BOTH are saved by the Blood of Christ.
12. Allegorizing, using as a metaphor, and not taking the Bible literally does violence to Scripture, and leads to all manner of private interpretations. (Obviously there are many figures of speech in Scripture, but the text itself, or obvious context, dictate them)
13. Just as Heaven will be consciously Eternal, Hell will also be conscious eternally.
14. The sons of God in Genesis 6 ARE the fallen angels being held in Tartarus for having sex and procreating with human women, making a hybrid race on a DNA level, mentioned in 2 Peter and Jude.
15. Jesus will reign for a literal 1000 yrs on Earth after the Great Tribulation.
16. God chooses us, none of us would choose Him. He alone gives us the faith to believe, and we would ALL remain dead unless HE ALONE chooses to save us.
17. There will be different rewards given to the saved based on their walk and works on Earth. NOT AFFECTING SALVATION
18. I believe there are still gifts of the Holy Spirit, although talking in tongues is only if there is somebody to understand. Tongues are not necessary to prove indwelling Holy Spirit.
19. There will be a pre-tribulation rapture.
20 Christ's return is imminent.
There are probably a dozen or more issues, but I'm asking if there is a single person who believes even 15 of the 20 I listed. I'd be shocked if there were someone who believed ALL 20.
So. IS THERE ANYBODY >>>> OUT THERE