“Do All Blessings Come Through The Cross?”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
To the thread title question, no, as the few verses below prove. The question here assumes (wrongly) an affirmative answer to the title question and is nothing more than a pretext for your heterodox Swaggart theology.

Genesis 1:22
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
To the thread title question, no, as the few verses below prove. The question here assumes (wrongly) an affirmative answer to the title question and is nothing more than a pretext for your heterodox Swaggart theology.

Genesis 1:22
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
This is actually a great answer.... If we apply the Scripture, that spans all time and is for our lives today as in the day it was written because it is alive....

Children period. Are a blessing. Sadly many mothers choose to murder their children in utero instead of seeing they are/ would be fulfilling God's Word. Children are never a mistake or accident; there are 100,000 of people who cannot reproduce because of the fall.

We do have dominion over every living thing on the Earth. The ravens fed Elijah and the fish gave the money for taxes to Jesus and His disciples.

And we have the 7th day.... Praise God.... a day just to chill and spend with Him away from all the other 6 and upcoming 6 days.... What a GREAT GOD WE SERVE!!!!

Sep 6, 2014
James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Sep 3, 2016
Righteousness cannot be obtained without Faith in a spotless Sacrifice, therefore it is impossible to please God without Faith in Christ and the Cross of Calvary (the spotless Sacrifice) where the battle was won. Our Lord and God, Jesus Christ will always be the source of all blessings while the Cross will always be the means how we receive these blessings. Matthew 6:33

Oct 24, 2019
For I, through the law, am dead to the law, that I may live to God: with Christ I am nailed to the cross.

Sep 3, 2016
God does not demand much from us but FAITH IN HIS SON AND HIS SPOTLESS SACRIFICE, i.e. the CROSS, i.e., the BLOOD OF JESUS, i.e., THE FINISHED WORK AT CALVARY CROSS.

Sep 3, 2016
with Christ I am nailed to the cross.
“20 I am Crucified with Christ (as the Foundation of all Victory; Paul, here, takes us back to Rom. 6:3-5): nevertheless I live (have new life); yet not I (not by my own strength and ability), but Christ lives in me (by virtue of me dying with Him on the Cross, and being raised with Him in Newness of Life): and the life which I now live in the flesh (my daily walk before God) I live by the Faith of the Son of God (the Cross is ever the Object of my Faith), Who loved me, and gave Himself for me (which is the only way that I could be Saved).

21 I do not frustrate the Grace of God (if we make anything other than the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith, we frustrate the Grace of God, which means we stop its action, and the Holy Spirit will no longer help us): for if Righteousness come by the Law (any type of Law), then Christ is dead in vain. (If I can successfully live for the Lord by any means other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, then the Death of Christ was a waste.)

JSM

Sep 3, 2016
Is it the amount of faith that is needed, or the position are faith is in? Which one moves MOUNTAINS?

Oct 24, 2019
God does not demand much from us but FAITH IN HIS SON AND HIS SPOTLESS SACRIFICE, i.e. the CROSS, i.e., the BLOOD OF JESUS, i.e., THE FINISHED WORK AT CALVARY CROSS.
Matthew 24:13
But he that shall persevere to the end, he shall be saved. :love:

Sep 3, 2016
Matthew 24:13
But he that shall persevere to the end, he shall be saved. :love:
“But he who shall endure unto the end (refers to the end of the Great Tribulation), the same shall be saved (speaks of survival, and not the Salvation of the Soul).”

JSM

It is only by Faith in the Lamb of God that God awards Righteousness (Romans 4:5) to understand the Word of God in its truth and Righteous context (Proverbs 8:7-8) or it will be the letter of the law and not the truth of the spirit of the law.

Sep 6, 2014
2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

“20 I am Crucified with Christ (as the Foundation of all Victory; Paul, here, takes us back to Rom. 6:3-5): nevertheless I live (have new life); yet not I (not by my own strength and ability), but Christ lives in me (by virtue of me dying with Him on the Cross, and being raised with Him in Newness of Life): and the life which I now live in the flesh (my daily walk before God) I live by the Faith of the Son of God (the Cross is ever the Object of my Faith), Who loved me, and gave Himself for me (which is the only way that I could be Saved).

21 I do not frustrate the Grace of God (if we make anything other than the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith, we frustrate the Grace of God, which means we stop its action, and the Holy Spirit will no longer help us): for if Righteousness come by the Law (any type of Law), then Christ is dead in vain. (If I can successfully live for the Lord by any means other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, then the Death of Christ was a waste.)

JSM
Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Sep 3, 2016
2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
It is only by Faith in the Lamb of God that God awards Righteousness (Romans 4:5) to understand the Word of God in its truth and Righteous context (Proverbs 8:7-8) or it will be the letter of the law and not the truth of the spirit of the law.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
All blessings come through God. He used the cross to bless us beyond measure, but it was the One on the cross who blessed us more than the cross itself.

The cross is so valuable because of Him.

Oct 24, 2019
“But he who shall endure unto the end (refers to the end of the Great Tribulation), the same shall be saved (speaks of survival, and not the Salvation of the Soul).”

JSM

Matthew 10:22
And you shall be hated by all men for my name's sake: but he that shall persevere unto the end, he shall be saved.

Sep 3, 2016
All blessings come through God. He used the cross to bless us beyond measure, but it was the One on the cross who blessed us more than the cross itself.

The cross is so valuable because of Him.
The truth is God cannot bless us. He blesses Jesus, and we receive the blessings if we are in Christ.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Mt. 5:45 the rain falls and the sun shines on the evil and good,the just and unjust!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The truth is God cannot bless us. He blesses Jesus, and we receive the blessings if we are in Christ.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
James 1:17 ESV

Sep 3, 2016
Matthew 10:22
And you shall be hated by all men for my name's sake: but he that shall persevere unto the end, he shall be saved.
“And you shall be hated of all men for My Name’s sake (the offense of the Cross): but he who endures to the end shall be saved (persecution will continue until the Second Coming).”

JSM