50 plus

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I was single from 24 to 59. Swore off men for several of those earlier years. Also made a promise to myself that I would never get divorced again like I did at 24. So stayed single until I met Tourist at 59. I really wasn't looking for him he just kinda showed up on this Christian Chat site several months after I had joined and we just matched.

Didn't plan it at all but God had a plan and it has been working for almost 12 years now. This marriage is much better than my first one and the only way we are getting out of this one is when one of us kicks the bucket. A real to death do we part.
happy for you
 
I was single from 24 to 59. Swore off men for several of those earlier years. Also made a promise to myself that I would never get divorced again like I did at 24. So stayed single until I met Tourist at 59. I really wasn't looking for him he just kinda showed up on this Christian Chat site several months after I had joined and we just matched.

Didn't plan it at all but God had a plan and it has been working for almost 12 years now. This marriage is much better than my first one and the only way we are getting out of this one is when one of us kicks the bucket. A real to death do we part.

@tourist and @JesusLives are a big inspiration to the rest of us singles here on CC! :)

They hung out with us here when they were single, and they didn't forget about us even after they got married. 💖
 
R u throwing out an open invitation there ? Some women r not great at recognising when they r being asked out , maybe u need to b a bit more specific and obvious and , u may get a hiking companion , not me ! I use crutches and I'm happily married 😜 I hope your wishes r fulfilled .
My wife wouldn't be happy with me asking someone else out...
 
I was single from 24 to 59. Swore off men for several of those earlier years. Also made a promise to myself that I would never get divorced again like I did at 24. So stayed single until I met Tourist at 59. I really wasn't looking for him he just kinda showed up on this Christian Chat site several months after I had joined and we just matched.

Didn't plan it at all but God had a plan and it has been working for almost 12 years now. This marriage is much better than my first one and the only way we are getting out of this one is when one of us kicks the bucket. A real to death do we part.
For sure, sweetheart.:love:
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
I’m turning 49 this year, so the big 50 is getting quite close already.

I actually feel more free these days. My kids are mostly grown up now, so I have more space and time for myself again. I’ve started making a few plans and small dreams for next year and I’d love to do something a bit adventurous before reaching that “magical” 50 milestone.

I even bought hiking boots last autumn, even though I’ve never been hiking or pitched a tent before 😄 so that’s going to be a new experience for sure....

Life has been quite full and changeable over the years, and I’ve made mistakes I will probably always carry with me in some way. But despite everything, I feel peaceful and content in this season of life.

Being on my own also has its advantages. It feels calm and uncomplicated. And to be honest, I talk quite a lot, so I’m not entirely sure a man would see that as a bonus anyway.

Blessings to you too.
you are 50! count the 9 months you were brewing & you are 50! nyuknyuknyuk!
 
I don't usually , sometimes don't know if I'm talking to a male or female , it doesn't matter to me , we r all just ' the bride ' .
i don't know everyone who is female or male. i just don't check into it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze