50 Reasons For a Pretribulational Rapture By Dr. John F. Walvoord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

john832

May 31, 2013
1 Reason There Won't Be A Pre-Trib Rapture :giggle:

The church will be present on earth to witness the great tribulation, and be eyewitnesses to the second coming

(They Shall See The Son Of Man Coming)

(Lift Up Your Heads For Your Redemption Draweth Nigh)

Luke 21:25-28KJV
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Good post. If there is a rapture, why does the Church go to a Place of Safety?

Rev 12:14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

Check the word for wilderness here...

G2048
ἔρημος
erēmos
er'-ay-mos
Of uncertain affinity; lonesome, that is, (by implication) waste (usually as a noun, G5561 being implied): - desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness.

Rev 12:15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood.
Rev 12:16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

And if there is a rapture, why must the earth help the woman by swallowing up these armies Satan sends after the Church going to a place of safety and how is it that Satan goes to make war with the remnant of her seed? There is a division and we find that there are those accounted worthy in Luke 21...

Luk 21:34 "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
Luk 21:35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

More information is given in Luke 17...

Luk 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:
Luk 17:27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
Luk 17:29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
Luk 17:31 "In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back.
Luk 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.
Luk 17:33 Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
Luk 17:34 I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.
Luk 17:35 Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left.
Luk 17:36 Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left."
Luk 17:37 And they answered and said to Him, "Where, Lord?" So He said to them, "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

The Ark was Noah's place of safety and Zoar was Lot's.

Sorry for the long post.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The instruction to "FLEE" in Matt24:15-21,16 (future) seems to only be applicable to "them which be IN JUDAEA"

"15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination [singular] of desolation [singular], spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: ) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

[the other passage speaking of "[that ye may have strength] to FLEE OUT OF each and every thing coming..." doesn't seem to suggest any kind of "change of LOCATION / relocation" for those heeding that particular instruction, during the Trib yrs, per Lk21:36]

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
This is the Best Chart of the 70 Weeks of Daniel. YES, I added the colored part, to make the RAPTURE make sense to those who are unfamiliar with the term, as the down arrow only point to were the Rapture may occur. That is RIGHT ON where I believe it occurs.

Sorry, but I had to reduce the size of the chart to 800 X 500 pixels to make it fit. Use Magnifier to make small print readable. Just type Magnifier in the Search for anything box at the bottom lower LEFT.

View attachment 227641

That chart I found about 6 Years ago, and had the Foresite to save it as a WORD Doc. I do not remember saving it, and ran across it again, today. Glad I did find it again.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Some people still believe there was indeed a part of Hades which was a place of comfort and is what Jesus was referring to when He told the thief "Today you will be with me in paradise." That ERROR is a result of numerous errors, and NEVER HAS BEEN Biblical.

Here is the TRUTH of where PARADISE REALLY IS.

2 Corinthians 12:2-3 (ESV)
2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows.
3 And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows—

NO MENTION THAT PARADISE in now HEAVEN, and no longer Abraham's Bosom. NONE AT ALL. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN HEAVEN.

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
Good post. If there is a rapture, why does the Church go to a Place of Safety?

Rev 12:14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

Check the word for wilderness here...

G2048
ἔρημος
erēmos
er'-ay-mos
Of uncertain affinity; lonesome, that is, (by implication) waste (usually as a noun, G5561 being implied): - desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness.

Rev 12:15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood.
Rev 12:16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

And if there is a rapture, why must the earth help the woman by swallowing up these armies Satan sends after the Church going to a place of safety and how is it that Satan goes to make war with the remnant of her seed? There is a division and we find that there are those accounted worthy in Luke 21...

Luk 21:34 "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
Luk 21:35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

More information is given in Luke 17...

Luk 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:
Luk 17:27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
Luk 17:29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
Luk 17:31 "In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back.
Luk 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.
Luk 17:33 Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
Luk 17:34 I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.
Luk 17:35 Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left.
Luk 17:36 Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left."
Luk 17:37 And they answered and said to Him, "Where, Lord?" So He said to them, "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

The Ark was Noah's place of safety and Zoar was Lot's.

Sorry for the long post.
Apples versus oranges.
You are mixing.

There are three end times groups and scriptures pointed to each of them:
1. The church
2. The Jews and Hebrews or Israel
3. The Nations.

Take a verse pointed to Israel and try it for the church and you end up with wrong thinking.

For example, the "woman" in 12:14 is a subset of Israel: those living in Judea by Jesus own words.

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
Some people still believe there was indeed a part of Hades which was a place of comfort and is what Jesus was referring to when He told the thief "Today you will be with me in paradise." That ERROR is a result of numerous errors, and NEVER HAS BEEN Biblical.

Here is the TRUTH of where PARADISE REALLY IS.

2 Corinthians 12:2-3 (ESV)
2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows.
3 And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows—

NO MENTION THAT PARADISE in now HEAVEN, and no longer Abraham's Bosom. NONE AT ALL. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN HEAVEN.
You are free to believe that if you choose. Maybe if you shout loudly, someone in heaven will hear you, such as the rich man that talked with Lazarus.

From the Old Testament the Jews always knew where Hades was: DOWN.

Ezekiel 31:16

I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Jonah died and went down Just as Jesus went down:

Jonah 2:6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O Lord my God.

He knew he was under the mountains. But that was his spirit man. His body was inside the fish. In other words, Jonah died, but God brought him back to his body and revived him as the fish spit him out.

Strong's on "Hades"
86 hádēs (from 1 /A "not" and idein/eidō, "see") – properly, the "unseen place," referring to the (invisible) realm in which all the dead reside, i.e. the present dwelling place of all the departed (deceased); Hades. (emphasis added)

God absolutely could not bring sinful men, with an unregenerate human spirit (the fallen nature) into heaven or heaven would no longer be heaven. Just as Jesus said, no man could see heaven until man could be born again - a NEW human spirit. So both the righteous and unrighteous had to go down to the pit, into Hades, until Jesus died and rose again.

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
That chart I found about 6 Years ago, and had the Foresite to save it as a WORD Doc. I do not remember saving it, and ran across it again, today. Glad I did find it again.
I see one mistake in the chart: Daniel said the belly and thighs were brass. The chart shows just a tiny part of the belly.

Jul 23, 2018
You are free to believe that if you choose. Maybe if you shout loudly, someone in heaven will hear you, such as the rich man that talked with Lazarus.

I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Jonah 2:6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O Lord my God.

He knew he was under the mountains. But that was his spirit man. His body was inside the fish. In other words, Jonah died, but God brought him back to his body and revived him as the fish spit him out.

Strong's on "Hades"
86 hádēs (from 1 /A "not" and idein/eidō, "see") – properly, the "unseen place," referring to the (invisible) realm in which all the dead reside, i.e. the present dwelling place of all the departed (deceased); Hades. (emphasis added)

God absolutely could not bring sinful men, with an unregenerate human spirit (the fallen nature) into heaven or heaven would no longer be heaven. Just as Jesus said, no man could see heaven until man could be born again - a NEW human spirit. So both the righteous and unrighteous had to go down to the pit, into Hades, until Jesus died and rose again.
I forgot where it says " he preached the gospel to the captives"
There is powerful evidence paradise was " down" and adjacent to hell.

Paradise is now moved to heaven as i understand it.

Jan 31, 2021
I forgot where it says " he preached the gospel to the captives"
There is powerful evidence paradise was " down" and adjacent to hell.
I haven't forgotten.

Eph 4-
8 This is why it says: “When he ascended on high, he took many captives and gave gifts to his people.”
9 (What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions ?
10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

Now, where is the teaching that Jesus takes raptured believers back up to heaven in clear and plain language? iow, no parables.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

Strong's on "Hades"

Heaven and PARADISE, they are the Same place AND always has been.

Hades and Hell has always been down, the only difference is Hades is a place of torment for the disembodied human spirit.
Hell is a place of Torment for the Resurrected human body of the unbeliever,

The only two things I dispute is Hades NEVER HAD A GOOD SIDE, Human Spirits always have gone always, directly to Heaven upon death. And the Human Spirits incarcerated in Hades are given one time Visions, so they can communicate with Abraham.

I personally have stood in the enterance of Hades, when I had my pistol against my head, on two occassions. I SAW NO EVIDENCE THE THERE HAD NEVER BEEN A GOOD SIDE.

I personally had a VISION the night I was SAVED, and I am a witness, IT TRANSENDS TIME and SPACE. The Rich Man Communicated with Abraham through that VISION, not though a ficticious Window.

That is why NOTHING can convince ME that your Fictional, twisted Story of the REAL STORY of Lazarus and the Rich Man, is even close to the Truth. Believe what you want, and I will believe the BIBLE.

We are finished discussing this subject.

Malachi 3:6 (HCSB)
6 “Because I, Yahweh, have not changed,
you descendants of Jacob have not been destroyed.

The Same Way, to the Same Degree, is HOW HE Save the O.T. Saints.

The supposed good side of HADES is Pure Fiction.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I seems easy to understand, and thorough at the same time. Most charts a difficult to understand the 70 Weeks of Danial.
Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four hundred and ninety years), simple

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV

2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weekswere fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal future weeks or 490 days.

When the call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the Antichrist who stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation has started.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Here is a GOSPEL SONG, that has a VERY special meaning to me. You see, my wife Passed Away from a heart attack Nov. 2, 2015. Her name was Bobbi, and we has 36 years of Marriage, and I am thankful for every one of them.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Here is a GOSPEL SONG, that has a VERY special meaning to me. You see, my wife Passed Away from a heart attack Nov. 2, 2015. Her name was Bobbi, and we has 36 years of Marriage, and I am thankful for every one of them.

It is supposed to be SAD. In fact, it makes me Cry. I am at the age, were more often than not, I think about my death.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I see one mistake in the chart: Daniel said the belly and thighs were brass. The chart shows just a tiny part of the belly.

I picked up on that too.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Here is happy song about being at Death's door. The song is about this Old House of our BODIES.
I think this was an Audition after George Younce Died.

Yes, he got the Job.

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
Here is happy song about being at Death's door. The song is about this Old House of our BODIES.
I think this was an Audition after George Younce Died.

Yes, he got the Job.

Thanks! I have never heard of this young man before. Awesome!

lamad

Apr 14, 2021

Hades and Hell has always been down, the only difference is Hades is a place of torment for the disembodied human spirit.

The only two things I dispute is Hades NEVER HAD A GOOD SIDE, Human Spirits always have gone always, directly to Heaven upon death. And the Human Spirits incarcerated in Hades are given one time Visions, so they can communicate with Abraham.

I personally have stood in the enterance of Hades, when I had my pistol against my head, on two occassions. I SAW NO EVIDENCE THE THERE HAD NEVER BEEN A GOOD SIDE.

I personally had a VISION the night I was SAVED, and I am a witness, IT TRANSENDS TIME and SPACE. The Rich Man Communicated with Abraham through that VISION, not though a ficticious Window.

That is why NOTHING can convince ME that your Fictional, twisted Story of the REAL STORY of Lazarus and the Rich Man, is even close to the Truth. Believe what you want, and I will believe the BIBLE.

Human reasoning versus scripture.

Mar 4, 2020

Revelation 20:13-15 teach that the sea, death, and hell are distinctly different things or places that can be thrown from wherever their location is to another location called the lake of fire. That means that the first death (physical bodily death) and hell are not the final destination for unbelievers. The second resurrection is the resurrection of unbelievers who face God's GWTJ. That's how they are able to experience a second death.

Rev. 20:13-15
13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

John 5:28-29
28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

There's also evidence that Jesus is capable going to hell and speaking with those people there:

Luke 16 - Jesus proves He has knowledge of afterlife locations by telling confirming the exact conversations that took place there and what it looks like there.

Ephesians 4:8-10 - Jesus ascended to the lower regions of the Earth.

1 Peter 3:18-20 - Jesus preaches to spirits in prison

Revelation 1:18 - Jesus reveals that He owns the keys of death and hades.