(#6) "The older man will be more committed than the younger man"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pete13

List of dating mistakes that should be avoided by the Christian woman
(#6) THE OLDER MAN WILL BE MORE COMMITTED THAN THE YOUNGER MAN

It has been discovered that some women believe that the older man is automatically better for them? they have this belief that younger men still want to "party" and therefore don't want commitment. They believe that older men are more mature and are ready for commitment. How can they be so wrong? They believe that maturity is directly proportional to age. I am 30 years old and I have approached so many women on online Christian sites who are 35 to 40 and I am not even allowed to email them because the women have blocked all men that are below their ages from contacting them. Congrats! You just blocked your true loves from contacting you. Just how hard is it for you to keep the door open for the younger man to prove himself? Why do some women feel humiliated of dating younger men? Why do you believe that the younger man only wants to party?

For your information, anyone can be anyone in that the older man who you believe is ready for a commitment may be the one who is promiscuous. If he wasn't promiscuous, why didn't he get married when he was in twenties or early thirties? He didn't, probably because he is one of those men that never wanted commitment so he waited untill the last possible moment when he was in his late thirties/early fourties to get married. He is only getting married in his late thirties/early fourties not because he is ready for a commitment but because all his friends are already married and he will continue his philandering whilst married. But yet, it is this type of promiscuous older man that some women believe is better for them just because he is old, how can they be so wrong? these same women turn down true Christian virgin men of 25,26,27,28 years old just because they are young.

Ladies, please take note that a true Christian man who is a virgin will seek to marry in his twenties and you should be more suspicious of the man who is still single at 35 years and above. Having said this, anyone can be anyone in that both the younger and older men can be good or bad. Just don't automatically reject the younger man because of his slightly younger age.

Ladies should note that they are supposed to seek a Christian marriage and a Christian marriage doesn't prioritize age instead it prioritizes the level of faith.Note that age doesn't matter, what matters is how well the husband and wife roles are played. And finally, maturity is not directly proportional to age so don't hesitate to date a younger man just because you believe in the false tradition that the man is the leader and therefore he should be older than you. Do not reject your true love just because of his younger age.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Why would a 30 year old man want to date a 40 year old woman? Age does matter.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
... (#6) THE OLDER MAN WILL BE MORE COMMITTED THAN THE YOUNGER MAN
Because, after all, faithfulness and commitment have much more to do with age than with godliness.

smh.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Ladies, please take note that a true Christian man who is a virgin will seek to marry in his twenties and you should be more suspicious of the man who is still single at 35 years and above."

Dear pete: Horse pucky. Nothing about me of which to be suspicious. I just never have bothered looking for a girl. You're saying because I'm 38 and single, I'm going to cheat on a girl if I do get married now?

And I notice you drew that line just a bit above your own age. (Wonder how your opinion will change if you reach 35 and are still single...)

U

Ugly

Because, after all, faithfulness and commitment have much more to do with age than with godliness.

smh.
You forget these are mistakes women make. So the titles are the mistakes. And reading even 2-3 lines indicates that age is not relevant, is what the OP says.

Why reading titles alone is a bad idea.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Why would a 30 year old man want to date a 40 year old woman? Age does matter.
Because they don't want a wife, they want someone to replace their mom and take care of them and let them continue to be irresponsible boys. Or at least that's one theory and I've heard or seen variations of it enough times to consider that it is sometimes true (though by no means the only explanation for such a phenomenon).

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Pete, you know you're showing all your cards with these threads, right? They're not actually a list of "dating mistakes that Christian women make."

What they are is a "List of Every Kind of Woman Who's Rejected Me, so I'm Pouting About It and Taking All It Out On Women. But It's All Because of Them. There Is, Of Course, Absolutely Nothing Wrong With ME. It's The Women's Fault That They're All Rejecting Me."

Age is a funny thing. For my own personal conclusion, I've come to believe that it's all about the person.

I call my dating life a Catch 22. As in, the guys who ask me out... all seem to either be in their 20's... or in their 80's. For some reason, it's generally pretty extreme.

When I was 38, a 23-year-old guy in my Bible study class asked me out, and while it never became romantic, he was a terrific friend. We still text now and then. He had a full-time job, house, truck, life plan, and general map for his retirement all thought out. I've known men 10 years older than me who didn't have that kind of maturity.

On the flip side, I've also been around some older men (50's and 60's) who felt they'd really arrived in life, thought they had a little bit of money in their pocket, and had a habit of talking down to everyone around them. I would rather stay single than be around someone like that.

But of course, as with everything, there are pros and cons, along with stereotypes and exceptions, to every side. There are great (and not so great) people out there of all ages, both men and women.

To me, it's all about an individual and not so much about the age (though that CAN be a factor; it just might not be a crucial one.)

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
So Mistake #6 is... (drum roll please)

Women don't realize that younger men are the mature ones and older men are the promiscuous ones.

stevie-wonder-didnt-see-that-coming.jpg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, you just never know about us old single coots. Can't trust us any further than we could throw you. Might just use our walking canes and pull a pretty nurse over while you're at the hospital cafeteria and ain't looking.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Yeah, you just never know about us old single coots. Can't trust us any further than we could throw you. Might just use our walking canes and pull a pretty nurse over while you're at the hospital cafeteria and ain't looking.
I'm pretty sure this is going to be, "Dating Mistakes Christian Women Make #7 -- Not Making Yourself Available Enough In Public Places When Some Random (But Honestly Well-Meaning) Man Wants to Pull You Into a Corner."

Ladies and Gentlemen, start placing your bets.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Pete, I don't know man. You write some things that make perfect sense, and other stuff that you put out here is really off the wall. Do you pray about your experience's with the opposite gender? And about how God may give you insight? Do you ask God for discernment in this area?
Do you talk to people about this IRL?

Do you pray for realistic expectations?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
You realize that if you were on a dating site and expressed these views your chances of getting a date would decrease quite a bit?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
You realize that if you were on a dating site and expressed these views your chances of getting a date would decrease quite a bit?
That's ok though because I'm sure he's convinced that anyone who doesn't share these views isn't a true Christian woman so she's one of those potential demonic shapeshifters he has to watch out for and he doesn't want to date those.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Actually I know some older non Christian guy friends who would be promiscuous if they could, but their old age looks and health problems prevent them from it. Until I observed this phenomenon I never realized that God had multiple reasons for aging people.

Originally Posted by zeroturbulence

So Mistake #6 is... (drum roll please)

Women don't realize that younger men are the mature ones and older men are the promiscuous ones.

Attachment 165015

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I've been thinking of that too.

If Pete's list of "Dating Mistakes Christian Women Make" is what the majority of Christian men think of Christian women (as in, if most men honestly think we're that stupid), it's a great case for not only finding happiness in being single, but STAYING single indefinitely.

I would never date a guy who assumed all these things about Christian women.

Not that I'm any prized catch by any means, but reading these kinds of assumptions makes being single an ever-more attractive option.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I can tell you for sure, not just coming just from me, I have had enough male friends and experience in life, the vast majority of Christian men do not think like him.

Gary

Oct 23, 2011
I'm "old" and I want to go out and party too sometimes! The problem is, I'm tired when 8:00pm rolls around!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I'm "old" and I want to go out and party too sometimes! The problem is, I'm tired when 8:00pm rolls around!
It's ok, Gary.

Bingo usually wraps up around 7:30.

You're just in time! :rolleyes: