A question about adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Good for you, for some it is a big part of the marriage. I've heard some Christians say mastebation is a sin, because you're thinking of sex. It isn't a sin.
Look if she and I have the opportunity we WILL have physical intimacy on a 2X daily basis and sometimes 3.
But it's not the real thing that we cherish with our relationship....it's the intimacy.....get it between your ears as a permanent fixture or be prepared to live in misery and torture. And you will be miserable and tortured on a daily basis.

Masterbation is a sin. It's detailed in the Old Testament. Sorry you don't know the scriptures well enough to make any sense out of them....but I and others have been trying to edumacate you but you REFUSE TO LEARN and do nothing but make excuses and arguments.

And I'm wondering why you came here to post....
Was it just to cause trouble or did you come seeking knowledge and wisdom?

May 24, 2023
The law says the punishment for adultery is death. Moses gave reasons for divorce and remarriage. Jesus said "It was because of the hardiness of your hearts" Jesus called divorce and remarriage adultery, but never called for any punishment. Are there different types of adultery. It seems the two are treated differently.
All the sexual sins basically fall under the umbrella of the prohibition on adultery. It's not so much that killing the adulterers and whores and homosexuals and beastiality people is the punishment, it's more like the idea is by killing them God will stop cursing your whole nation. It's also not considerred murder to put them to death because their sins are worthy of death, or as the Bible explains, "their blood is upon their own head". The prescriptions for sins aren't really punishments, they're more or less cleansing agents. The idea is sins like cheating, whoredom (having multiple sex partners, also called fornication), homosexuality, beastiality, transexuality, feminism, etc. are adulteries that are so grievous that the only real way to cleanse them is by blood, by literally killing the ones committing them, or else the sin becomes normalized, wickedness spreads across the land, and in response curses from God himself start to waste the land and the people. Compare this to the slight adulteries of masturbation or giving a woman the eye of lust, coming into contact with a woman on her period, and other minor sexual sins which are still adutleries as Jesus points out, but these are can be cleansed by water and abstinence and repentance and prayer.

In an ultimate sense say one commits adultery and does not truly repent to Jesus, well it's not like they'll get away with their lies against man and God and be spared punishment. No adulterer escapes the Lake of Fire so even if justice is miscarried on the old dying Earth full of adulterers and the whores, they will not escape the real ultimate punishment for their sins, which is to spend eternity burning tormented and screaming with and at all their evil lovers about how wrong they were and how they screwed eachother over for an eternity to imperishable flames for but a few minutes of worldly sensuality and wicked betrayals. Yea in fact they will not escape even punishment right here on Earth, for all the curse of their doings will catch up to them most certainly it is seen that the whores own worst enemies often are eachother. So be of good cheer our God knows everything and is a perfect God and perfectly just, he will save us from our enemies by destroying the adulterers and their master Satan and cast them into the Lake of Fire forever and ever, and this same God will even give life eternal in his Kingdom to the virgins, starting first with the male virgins his most beloved, and true married one man and one woman people who stay together for life, and he will even save those those that repented of their adulteries and surrendered to him genuinely, PRAISE JESUS!

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
All the sexual sins basically fall under the umbrella of the prohibition on adultery. It's not so much that killing the adulterers and whores and homosexuals and beastiality people is the punishment, it's more like the idea is by killing them God will stop cursing your whole nation. It's also not considerred murder to put them to death because their sins are worthy of death, or as the Bible explains, "their blood is upon their own head". The prescriptions for sins aren't really punishments, they're more or less cleansing agents. The idea is sins like cheating, whoredom (having multiple sex partners, also called fornication), homosexuality, beastiality, transexuality, feminism, etc. are adulteries that are so grievous that the only real way to cleanse them is by blood, by literally killing the ones committing them, or else the sin becomes normalized, wickedness spreads across the land, and in response curses from God himself start to waste the land and the people. Compare this to the slight adulteries of masturbation or giving a woman the eye of lust, coming into contact with a woman on her period, and other minor sexual sins which are still adutleries as Jesus points out, but these are can be cleansed by water and abstinence and repentance and prayer.

In an ultimate sense say one commits adultery and does not truly repent to Jesus, well it's not like they'll get away with their lies against man and God and be spared punishment. No adulterer escapes the Lake of Fire so even if justice is miscarried on the old dying Earth full of adulterers and the whores, they will not escape the real ultimate punishment for their sins, which is to spend eternity burning tormented and screaming with and at all their evil lovers about how wrong they were and how they screwed eachother over for an eternity to imperishable flames for but a few minutes of worldly sensuality and wicked betrayals. Yea in fact they will not escape even punishment right here on Earth, for all the curse of their doings will catch up to them most certainly it is seen that the whores own worst enemies often are eachother. So be of good cheer our God knows everything and is a perfect God and perfectly just, he will save us from our enemies by destroying the adulterers and their master Satan and cast them into the Lake of Fire forever and ever, and this same God will even give life eternal in his Kingdom to the virgins, starting first with the male virgins his most beloved, and true married one man and one woman people who stay together for life, and he will even save those those that repented of their adulteries and surrendered to him genuinely, PRAISE JESUS!
Interesting GOD did not make fornication and adultery the same thing. They are NOT. No one was put to death for fornication.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Look if she and I have the opportunity we WILL have physical intimacy on a 2X daily basis and sometimes 3.
But it's not the real thing that we cherish with our relationship....it's the intimacy.....get it between your ears as a permanent fixture or be prepared to live in misery and torture. And you will be miserable and tortured on a daily basis.

Masterbation is a sin. It's detailed in the Old Testament. Sorry you don't know the scriptures well enough to make any sense out of them....but I and others have been trying to edumacate you but you REFUSE TO LEARN and do nothing but make excuses and arguments.

And I'm wondering why you came here to post....
Was it just to cause trouble or did you come seeking knowledge and wisdom?
Where in the bible does it say mastubation is a sin?

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I'm gonna start calling you the sex answer man (SAM). You should write a book about sex for Christians. You might make a lot of money and attract an actual wife, rather than an imaginary one.
For the single Christian sex is about getting married, not purity. Where did Jesus and Paul say you had to be pure before getting married?

May 24, 2023
Interesting GOD did not make fornication and adultery the same thing. They are NOT. No one was put to death for fornication.
They're still the same thing and fall under the commandment prohibitting adultery in the 10 Commandments. Adultery doesn't mean just cheating, it means in a broad sense to pollute, and is tied to all the sex sins which are sins because they're aberrations against love and the correct nature of sex how God designed it to be, which is one man and one woman for life.

Aug 8, 2023
..I've heard some Christians say mastebation is a sin, because you're thinking of sex. It isn't a sin.
Yeah, it could be likened to the safety valve on the African Queen's boiler which had to be kicked once in a while to let off steam to stop it exploding..:)

Afican queen.jpg

May 24, 2023
Where in the bible does it say mastubation is a sin?
It would fall under the Laws regarding the emission of seed for males. It is a sin in the sense of uncleanness, and an adultery in that sense since it has to do with sexual pollution. However, since it's only really more of an individual problem and problem of the individual's heart or bodily functions and a more minor sin, that is to say a sin not unto the death, but moreso a sin of uncleanness. The prescription is to wash with water and be in solitude basically for a day, prohibitted from enterring sacred places. Leviticus 15 as a whole chapter for a more thorough explanation, but verse 16 specifically. This shouldn't be taken as condoning it be mindful, but merely there is levels of the seriousness of the sex sins which are covered indeed by the 10 Commandment against adultery, thus circling back to you OP, indeed there are, many forms of adulteries, and they're basically all the sexual sins of which quite a lot of the Bible is devoted to discussing pretty thoroughly.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
It would fall under the Laws regarding the emission of seed for males. It is a sin in the sense of uncleanness, and an adultery in that sense since it has to do with sexual pollution. However, since it's only really more of an individual problem and problem of the individual's heart or bodily functions and a more minor sin, that is to say a sin not unto the death, but moreso a sin of uncleanness. The prescription is to wash with water and be in solitude basically for a day, prohibitted from enterring sacred places. Leviticus 15 as a whole chapter for a more thorough explanation, but verse 16 specifically. This shouldn't be taken as condoning it be mindful, but merely there is levels of the seriousness of the sex sins which are covered indeed by the 10 Commandment against adultery, thus circling back to you OP, indeed there are, many forms of adulteries, and they're basically all the sexual sins of which quite a lot of the Bible is devoted to discussing pretty thoroughly.
It was not a sexual sin, it was about cleanliness. You really need to study the bible.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
No, it is not about sex. It is about courtship to marriage.
Song 2:3 (The wife is acting upon her husband) “Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. In his shade I took great delight and sat down, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.”
Song 4:16 (The husband is acting upon the wife) “Awake, O north wind, and come, wind of the south; make my garden breathe out fragrance. Let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden and eat its choice fruits!”
Song of Songs 5:1 “I have come into my garden, my sister, my bride; I have gathered my myrrh along with my balsam. I have eaten my honeycomb and my honey; I have drunk my wine and my milk. (God then speaking to the husband and wife as lovers as He views and enjoys their sexual celebration) Eat, friends; Drink and imbibe deeply, O lovers.”.....that is NOT courtship.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
This is very sad. You're making just have sexual desires a sin. Try tell that to a group of teens, that masturbation is a sin.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
The Bible doesn't direct speak on a lot of topics, but it doesn't mean it is allowed. I'd be careful about twisting the Bible to say something where it doesn't, that would be blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. - Matthew 5:28
Let clear this up. Jesus was talking about lusting after a MARRIED woman. In the Greek the word for a single woman and a married woman are the same. The Greek word for Lust, is to have an intense desire, to have your focus on a married woman. You're planning on going after a married woman.

Jesus used the Greek word for lust when when he said to his disciples "And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. " Luke 22:15

“I have eagerly desired
ἐπεθύμησα (epethymēsa)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's Greek 1937: To long for, covet, lust after, set the heart upon. From epi and thumos; to set the heart upon, i.e. Long for.