A Study of Torah from Gen. - Rev.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Karraster

What you are saying directly contradicts scripture.

Gen 9:3 “Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.

That's right. God does not lie. He does not lie to us to test us.

Gen 9:3 “Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.
There are many poisionus herbs, as well as moving things. Surely all does not mean things that will kill us. No. Personally, I prefer to accept the food instructions, to learn the difference between the clean and unclean, holy and unholy.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
There are many poisionus herbs, as well as moving things. Surely all does not mean things that will kill us. No. Personally, I prefer to accept the food instructions, to learn the difference between the clean and unclean, holy and unholy.
That's fine. My main point of contention is that if I understand Shilo correctly, he believes God lied to Noah to test him.

I cannot accept that.

K

Karraster

That's fine. My main point of contention is that if I understand Shilo correctly, he believes God lied to Noah to test him.

I cannot accept that.
I did not perceive that Shilo (which I think is female) said that at all. It brings to mind Balaam. God didn't lie to Balaam. God told Balaam what He wanted Balaam to do and Balaam asked again hoping for a different answer as to whether he could go with the men. (talking donkey incident) God does test us to see whether we will obey His will. That is not saying He lies to us.

We all should soberly seek His will in these matters. Far be it from me to sway anyone towards disobedience.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
What you are saying directly contradicts scripture.

That's right. God does not lie. He does not lie to us to test us.

Should one read and keep everything in context, they soon find.
Lev 11:47 ‘to distinguish between the unclean and the clean, and between the animal that may be eaten and the animal that may not be eaten.’ 

I strongly suggest you read all of Lev. 11, as it this only the 2 second verse.
Lev 11:2 “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth:

As you pointed out HaShem doesn't lie, we would do well to also keep in mind he doesn't change.

Mal 3:6 “For I am the LORD, I do not change;
Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

We must understand that not everything HaShem told man is written. Moses spent 40 days on Sinai, do you think it took that long to give him 10 commandments? So the rest was spent filling him in on how to make the tabernacle, how the sacrifices were to be done, and so on. We know HaShem told him, as the sacrifices were to killed in specific manner. we are not told how until much latter. So to assume something just from one passage can mislead us. It is only when a thing can be shown from passage to passage, that we should take it to heart.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Even the poisonous herbs and animals have edible parts or can be made edible by proper preparation.

I think the intent though is the same as 1 Ti 4:1-5
4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
KJV

While in necessity, edible parts can be found in almost any living thing, some things are more palatable and desirable than others.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Should one read and keep everything in context, they soon find.
Lev 11:47 ‘to distinguish between the unclean and the clean, and between the animal that may be eaten and the animal that may not be eaten.’ 

I strongly suggest you read all of Lev. 11, as it this only the 2 second verse.
Lev 11:2 “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth:
Leviticus was written hundreds of years after the Flood.

As you pointed out HaShem doesn't lie, we would do well to also keep in mind he doesn't change.

Mal 3:6 “For I am the LORD, I do not change;
Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
He does not change, but the ways he dealt with people, and the laws He gave to people certainly have changed.

Originally, man and all the animals ate plants:

Gen 1:
29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

After the Flood, the rules changed:

Gen 9:
3) Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
4) But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Then the Levitical laws were given.

Then when Jesus came, the rules were changed again, and now we can eat anything:

Mat 15:
11) Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Rom 14:
2) For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3) Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Similarly, the rules changed concerning the number of wives men were permitted to have.

We must understand that not everything HaShem told man is written. Moses spent 40 days on Sinai, do you think it took that long to give him 10 commandments? So the rest was spent filling him in on how to make the tabernacle, how the sacrifices were to be done, and so on. We know HaShem told him, as the sacrifices were to killed in specific manner. we are not told how until much latter. So to assume something just from one passage can mislead us. It is only when a thing can be shown from passage to passage, that we should take it to heart.
God does not test people by lying to them, as Shilo suggested.

Gen 9:
3) Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
God did not give Noah everything to eat, this was a test. When Noah put the animals in the Ark there were a pair of unclean animals and 7 clean animals of each type. Noah knew the clean animals from the unclean. If Noah ate the unclean animals they would no longer be on the earth. God showed he wanted to save the unclean animals or they would not have been on the Ark. Noah is being tested.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Rainrider,I did not mean to hijack your thread. I hope you forgive me I am so sorry. I hope you can finish this thread all the way to the book of Revelation as it may be a good resource for many Including for myself.

2 Timothy 2: 14Remind the believers of these things, charging them before God to avoid quarreling over words; this is in no way profitable, and leads its listeners to ruin. 15Make every effort to present yourself approved to God, an unashamed workman who accurately handles the word of truth.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building up the one in need and bringing grace to those who listen.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Rainrider,I did not mean to hijack your thread. I hope you forgive me I am so sorry. I hope you can finish this thread all the way to the book of Revelation as it may be a good resource for many Including for myself.

2 Timothy 2: 14Remind the believers of these things, charging them before God to avoid quarreling over words; this is in no way profitable, and leads its listeners to ruin. 15Make every effort to present yourself approved to God, an unashamed workman who accurately handles the word of truth.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building up the one in need and bringing grace to those who listen.
I don't think you did hijack the thread. You had some good input. I have a few disagreements with you; but that is what forums are about. I can't answer for Rainrider; but I suspect he will agree with me.

K

Karraster

Even the poisonous herbs and animals have edible parts or can be made edible by proper preparation.

I think the intent though is the same as 1 Ti 4:1-5
4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
KJV

While in necessity, edible parts can be found in almost any living thing, some things are more palatable and desirable than others.
1 John 2:
24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017

I didn't see anything that needs forgiveness. You did add to context of the thread, bring top light some things that were up to this point not found in it.
As for going through to Rev. that was not my intent. This was meant for the Torah, and to show that it is a part of the whole for the Word. To do so, one must look at any parts of the Bible that holed up Torah as it's foundation. As we know, if we take any part of the Word, and place it in direct conflict with any other part, we do both our self and any we teach a great injustice. As HaShem is not in conflict with Him self, and Yeshua can't be in conflict with the father. So if something seems to be conflict, we must work to reconcile that preserved conflict.
In your addition to this this thread, you brought to light some things that seem to be worked on, both in my mind and the minds of others. To that I can only say good work.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Ex 20:12
"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

I may miss 100 or passages on this. Many may well come to mind after this has been posted, sorry, it was not with intent. My mind is filled with so many that I may not get them all sorted out right now.
Lev. 20:9 ‘For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him.
Deut. 5:1 ‘Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
Pro. 1:8 My son, hear the instruction of your father, And do not forsake the law of your mother.
Pro20:20 Whoever curses his father or his mother,His lamp will be put out in deep darkness.
Pro. 30:17 ​The eye that mocks his father, And scorns obedience to his mother, The ravens of the valley will pick it out,
And the young eagles will eat it.
Mat. 15:4 ​“For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’
Mat. 19:19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 
Col 3:20 ​Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.

There is a clear connection with honoring mom and dad, and honoring HaShem. After all, HaShem place you with the parents He had intended for you. As can be seen in the following.
Heb. 13:7 ​​Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
Rom 13:1 ​Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Ex 20:13 "You shall not murder.

Though some translations read kill rather than murder, when one looks to other parts of the Tanakh it should soon become clear that that murder is the best translation. As we all know HaShem can't violate His own laws, and giving an order to kill every man, women, and child when Israel entered the land, would be in direct violation. Just as handing down a death sentence for a violation of Torah would seem to be. As we look at this, we will endeavor to find the truth, should the word be Murder, or kill? Though I feel that we already have, I am not one to try and force my ideas on others, though at times you may think that is what I am doing in some of my post, if you look closely, you will find that what you seem to think of as me doing this. It is in fact just showing that even when others say they don't follow my way of thinking on the law, they to follow it. As has been shown in their own words, and thinking.

Gen. 4:8 Now Cain talked with Abel his brother; and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.

Though we find the word killed here as well, it is clear that this was murder, and judgment was handed down. I will say once more, please read any passage given in full. By this I am asking that you read the full chapter at the vary lest.
Gen. 9:5 “Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.
Duet. 5:17 ‘You shall not murder.
Jer. 7:9-10 “Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know, “and then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered to do all these abominations’?

Though some disagree with this, Yeshua takes it a little further to show that it is more than the act it's self.
Mat. 5:21-22 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ “But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

This is the only passage in the Bible where the term raca is used. Raca comes from the Aramaic term reqa. It was a derogatory expression meaning “empty-headed,” insinuating a person’s stupidity or inferiority. It was an offensive name used to show utter contempt for another person. Jesus warned that the use of such a word to describe someone was tantamount to murder and deserving of the severest punishment of the law.
Rom. 13:9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Jas. 2:11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

As we will see later to think a thing is the same as doing it. A persons words show their true nature, even if one holds that it is just a thing someone says when their mad. Though that is a topic of it's own, it will have light shed on it in this study as well.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017

Ex 20:14 "You shall not commit adultery.

Oddly when a person reads this they think only of extra marital affairs. This is then applied to the words of Yeshua when he speaks on divorcee. It my hope that this way thinking will be changed a bit, as we explore this commandment a bit deeper. Keep in mind that this will in no way cover every aspect, so we may find latter that other things some see as being except-able return us to this one simple commandment.
Deut. 5:18 ‘You shall not commit adultery.
Jer. 3:8-9 “Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also.
“So it came to pass, through her casual harlotry, that she defiled the land and committed adultery with stones and trees.
Jer. 5:7 “How shall I pardon you for this? Your children have forsaken Me And sworn by those that are not gods.
When I had fed them to the full, Then they committed adultery And assembled themselves by troops in the harlots’ houses.
Eze 23:37 That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire, to devour them.

As we can see in the above, idolatry is also a form of adultery

Mat.5:27-28 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mat 5:23 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Mat. 19: 9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

I understand that some think of fornication as nothing more than adultery. Yet if this is so, why the change in wording? Can it be that fornication holds a deeper meaning? As one teacher holds to this as pointing only to sexual actions out side of the marriage, or idolatry. Another holds fast to the idea that it makes note of any and all unnatural sexual activity, even in side the marriage. Along with this change in wording, comes the added prohibition on idolatry. When pressed on this understanding, this teacher went on to say the following, " Any sexual action that is out side of the norm is fornication. Both oral, and anal sex fall into this category. Even if it is with the permission of both partners."
Rom 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Rom. 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
Rev. 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

As I said, we will return to this topic as we move on. Just as we will see so much of the Torah repeated. HaShem doesn't repetet Him Self for no reason, One of my favorite quotes comes from this. If HaShem tells us something once, pay attention, twice, commit it to memory and action, 3 times, make it a part of your life.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Ex. 20:15 "You shall not steal.
When one thinks of theft, they think of taking something from someone. With out asking, or in some cases by force. There are 2 definitions found that fit our the ideas of most people. there,
1. To take (the property of another) without right or permission.
2. To present or use (someone else's words or ideas) as one's own.
Yet what if you find something, like a pocket knife, or some money? If you keep it and use as if it were yours would that be theft? In the minds of some that answer would be yes. You see, you didn't have a right to what you found, nor did you get permission from it's true owner.

Lev. 19:11 ‘You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.
Deut. 5:19 ‘You shall not steal.
Por. 30:9 Lest I be full and deny You, And say, “Who is the LORD?” Or lest I be poor and steal, And profane the name of my God.

Fun fact. When a person that uses the Name of HaShem to indicate what they are steals, they profane hHis name. Something to think on when we find another's property.
Jer. 7:9-10 “Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know, “and then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered to do all these abominations’?
Jer 23:30 “Therefore behold, I am against the prophets,” says the LORD, “who steal My words every one from his neighbor.
Mat 19:18 He said to Him, “Which ones?” Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,' ‘You shall not commit adultery,' ‘You shall not steal,' ‘You shall not bear false witness,'
John 10:10 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Rom. 2:21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
Eph. 4:28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Ex. 20:16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

As always I ask that you please read the full chapter of any passage I offer up here.
Deut19:18 “And the judges shall make careful inquiry, and indeed, if the witness is a false witness, who has testified falsely against his brother,
Mat.15:19 “For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.
Mat. 26:60
but found none. Even though many false witnesses came forward, they found none. But at last two false witnesses came forward
Rom 13:9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
1Cor. 15:15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.
2Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe evry spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets ahve gone out into the world.
Rev 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Some may ask what doe a false prophet have to do barring false witness witness? Well that is an easy answer, after all, a false prophet bares false witness of HaShem, in a way the would lead some away.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Ex 20:17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's."

First we to determine it is to covet. Webster has this to say, "to wish for earnestly, to desire (what belongs to another) inordinately or culpably" I know most of you already know that, yet did you put it together with what Yeshua said about adultery? This is said to make a point. The idea that Yeshua was telling us something that had not been said in Torah, or that He added to any of of the Laws stems from a lack of understand of Torah.

Deut 5:21 ‘You shall not covet your neighbor's wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.'
Deut. 7:25 “You shall burn the carved images of their gods with fire; you shall not covet the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it for yourselves, lest you be snared by it; for it is an abomination to the LORD your God.
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”
Rom. 13:9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
James 4:2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.

So what does the Bible have to say about what coveting can do to the heart and mind of man?
Pro. 12:12 The wicked covet the catch of evil men, But the root of the righteous yields fruit.
Mic 2:2 They covet fields and take them by violence, Also houses, and seize them. So they oppress a man and his house,
A man and his inheritance.

As some of what it tells us in longer than I wish post, (by reason of understanding some have limitations like my self) So if you read them on your own, I thank you.
1 Kings 21 Here we find what at lest persons wife did, not by reason of her won covetness, rather in respect to that of King Ahab. Mic. 2:2 may well have this story in mind.
I am sure we know the story of Kinf Davied, and what he out of lust, (also understood as coveting) and how he had a man killed to cover up his act of adultery, that started with coveting. This sad story is found in 2Sam. chapter 11.

We should also take a look at the words of Yeshua once more, just as a reminder.
Mat. 5:27-28 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ “But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Some may ask, so what can I do to change this way of thinking,
Mat. 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Don't get me wrong, if we start asking HaShem to give us the neighbors car, the answer will be NOT ON YOUR LIFE. However if it is that we need a new car, and like what they have, then if we ask for a car LIKE that one, He may,(keep in mind that word MAY) help us to get what we need, Keep that word in mind as well NEED) even if it isn't what we were realty looking for.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Genesis to Revelation, quick version

Genesis the beginning - Revelation the new beginning

In the book of Genesis - God creates the heavens & the earth
In the book of Revelation - God creates a new heaven & a new earth

In the book of Genesis - God creates the moon & stars for light
In the book of Revelation - No moon or stars needed. There will be no darkness. God Himself will be our light

In the book of Genesis - Man falls into sin
In the book of Revelation - There will be no more sin

In the book of Genesis - Man experiences death, morning & pain
In the book of Revelation - There will be no more death, morning or pain

In the book of Genesis - Satan shows up trying to destroy mankind
In the book of Revelation - Satan is banished forever

In the book of Genesis - Paradise is lost
In the book of Revelation - Paradise is retored

In the book of Genesis - Man is denied access to the tree of life
In the book of Revelation - Access to the tree of life is restored

Soon Very Soon!

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Genesis to Revelation, quick version

Genesis the beginning - Revelation the new beginning

In the book of Genesis - God creates the heavens & the earth
In the book of Revelation - God creates a new heaven & a new earth

In the book of Genesis - God creates the moon & stars for light
In the book of Revelation - No moon or stars needed. There will be no darkness. God Himself will be our light

In the book of Genesis - Man falls into sin
In the book of Revelation - There will be no more sin

In the book of Genesis - Man experiences death, morning & pain
In the book of Revelation - There will be no more death, morning or pain

In the book of Genesis - Satan shows up trying to destroy mankind
In the book of Revelation - Satan is banished forever

In the book of Genesis - Paradise is lost
In the book of Revelation - Paradise is retored

In the book of Genesis - Man is denied access to the tree of life
In the book of Revelation - Access to the tree of life is restored

Soon Very Soon!
Sure loks like you missed a lot of really good teaching there.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Ex. 20:18-26
18 Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off.
19 Then they said to Moses, "You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die."

There are some that wish to pass this off as being given only to Israel. Though some may find this as true, there are more than a hand full that have regected this understand. As of my self, I follow that the laws we have seen here still live, and should be our guide as we do our best to walk in the ways of HaShem, as Yeshua showed us, and thought us in His time on this earth. The one key that is pointed to over and over, is that they are not mans laws, they were not given by Moses, rather HaShem. Given the fact that they are called the Laws of Moses by almost every ne doesn't change the facts. As the Word doesn't tell us the multitude of other peopels have departed from the people of Israel, and the idea that some of the Rabbis claim it was them that lead to the worship of the golden calf, it seems clear that many follow the idea they are still with Israel. Some, ( though not many) say that some point they had became a part of the Nation of Israel.

20 And Moses said to the people, "Do not fear; for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin."
21 So the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near the thick darkness where God was.
22 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: 'You have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.
23 You shall not make anything to be with Me--gods of silver or gods of gold you shall not make for yourselves.
24 An altar of earth you shall make for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In every place where I record My name I will come to you, and I will bless you.
25 And if you make Me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stone; for if you use your tool on it, you have profaned it.
26 Nor shall you go up by steps to My altar, that your nakedness may not be exposed on it.'

This is all covered n more detail latter on, so it seems pointless to comment on it now. I do hope that you have learned something from this as it is now. I am sure many of you will find much you never expect in times to come.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Ex. 21:1- 11
1 "Now these are the judgments which you shall set before them:
2 If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years; and in the seventh he shall go out free and pay nothing.
3 If he comes in by himself, he shall go out by himself; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him.
4 If his master has given him a wife, and she has borne him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.
5 But if the servant plainly says, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,'
6 then his master shall bring him to the judges. He shall also bring him to the door, or to the doorpost, and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him forever.
7 "And if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.
8 If she does not please her master, who has betrothed her to himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt deceitfully with her.
9 And if he has betrothed her to his son, he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters.
10 If he takes another wife, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, and her marriage rights.
11 And if he does not do these three for her, then she shall go out free, without paying money.

Before anyone jumps up and tries to make slavery out as a bad thing, think about how it was back then. Trust me, I will stand and fight slavery to my last breath today. At lest the form that comes to mind for many of us today. Yet here we are looking at a form of slavery that doesn't come to mind when we hear the word. Let me explain.
For the people of Israel, (and many other cultures) slavery was for the destitute. If a man or women was able to work, yet couldn't find work, they sold them self for a set sum. That sum was their worth for 6 years. True it was for less than you would pay someone that had a job, or worked their own land and was just looking for a little extra. Now if you sold your self with only 3 years to go until jubilee, (hope I spelled that right) you would only get the price for that 3 years. So even though we see the word slave, it may be a bit more clear if we see it as contract labor.
Once you fulfilled your contract, you were free to leave. If a person left before it's fulfillment, they would then need to buy out the remainder of said contract.
Many in the ancient word that had to sell them self into slavery, may have thought that HaShem abandoned them. Yet with a reading of this passage, it becomes clear that He hadn't. In fact if a person reads this passage, it should be clear to them that HaShem loved the slaves just much as He does the free man. How can that be said with such certainty? In the law that has been set down for the treatment of, and freedom of slaves. This idea is also backed by the following.
Lev.25:39 ‘And if one of your brethren who dwells by you becomes poor, and sells himself to you, you shall not compel him to serve as a slave.
Deut. 15:15 “You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God redeemed you; therefore I command you this thing today.

There are many passages in the Tanakh dealing slavery. Yet did things change when it came to the NT? Did it some how remove this law, or do away with slavery?
Gal. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Eph. 6:8 knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.
Col. 3:11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.