About the book of job Chapter three

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
Expressing his pain, Job says he would have preferred to die at birth so he would be sleeping and at rest instead of suffering. A chapter with 26 verses to express the pain of a man who had everything and lost everything (even his good health). In fact, there is no word to express such a condition of mind and which can tell a lot of what comes next.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Job was in a sad state, that's for sure. Job is a classic case study of perseverance and courage to continue on despite unrelenting phyical pain and mental anguish.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
Job was in a sad state, that's for sure. Job is a classic case study of perseverance and courage to continue on despite unrelenting phyical pain and mental anguish.
Do "sad state" and "classic case study" define exactly what Job was faced with remembering the fact that he was doing his best to be fathful to God and that everybody was against him? Do you think we can understand all what is involved in the book of Job having in mind a "sad state" and a "classic case study"? Can we read only once the book of Job to understand his feelings and the relationship he had with God? Do you think a child and a teenager and an adult and an old person would understand the book in the same way? Would it be the same for someone who has a normal life and for someone who is completely lost? Don't you think it is necessary to go beyond the words to understand it and go deep into your heart and mind?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Do "sad state" and "classic case study" define exactly what Job was faced with remembering the fact that he was doing his best to be fathful to God and that everybody was against him? Do you think we can understand all what is involved in the book of Job having in mind a "sad state" and a "classic case study"? Can we read only once the book of Job to understand his feelings and the relationship he had with God? Do you think a child and a teenager and an adult and an old person would understand the book in the same way? Would it be the same for someone who has a normal life and for someone who is completely lost? Don't you think it is necessary to go beyond the words to understand it and go deep into your heart and mind?
I probably have read the entire book of Job at least 15 times. How would you define exactly what Job was faced with?

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
I probably have read the entire book of Job at least 15 times. How would you define exactly what Job was faced with?
Job lost all his belongings, his children, everybody was against him, he had big health problems, he couldn’t see any escape except through death, he thought God had abandoned him: it was a total and complete desperation. Think about someone who is completely lost and commit suicide, even if he is a real believer and faithful!

Mar 25, 2020
I read the book of Job and finished reading it a few days back. I may have read the book of Job a couple of times before. It's the account of a man who has lost everything and is hopeless yet refuses to put blame on God for what has happened to Him. Instead, in that time of frustration he starts to curse himself and mourns his life situation. He was not however suicidal even at that time when He lost everything. He was a man of faith. He didn't give up belief in God.

He is confronted by his friends who all accuse him of being a sinner and urging him to repent for his sins. While, to Job's understanding, he has done nothing wrong. So, he seeks justice from God for his condition. He seeks the end also from God's hands. Job might have been hopeless and given up all hope. But He looked for an end to his troubles one way or another from God. And He waited, endured and his prayer was answered in a positive way.

This is an example that no pain and no suffering, no matter how small or how great is permanent. As long as the person who suffers and waits for an answer from God, that answer will come at the right time. God is never too early or too late in answering our prayer. God answers our prayers at exactly the right time. Of course, God answers our prayers at His time. So all we have to do is ask God what we need and patiently wait. If you're a human being, no matter who you are, you will suffer. In that time of suffering, you offer your suffering to God and wait for relief and refuge from God. The answer for your prayers will come. That's what Job's story is about.

Aug 2, 2021
Job lost all his belongings, his children, everybody was against him, he had big health problems, he couldn’t see any escape except through death, he thought God had abandoned him: it was a total and complete desperation. Think about someone who is completely lost and commit suicide, even if he is a real believer and faithful!
And for this EXACT reason God raised Job up for this Test so that Job may receive the GLORY that followed.

Job is a Prophet and his suffering without failing is the PROPHECY for the "Time of Testing that shall come upon the whole world"

James 5:7-11
A.) Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord’s coming.
See how the farmer awaits the precious fruit of the soil—how patient he is for the fall and spring rains.You, too, be patient and strengthen your hearts, because the Lord’s coming is near. Do not complain about one another, brothers, so that you will not be judged. Look, the Judge is standing at the door!

B.) Brothers, as an example of patience in affliction, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. See how blessed we consider those who have persevered.
C.) You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen the outcome from the Lord. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

Know your ABC's

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
I read the book of Job and finished reading it a few days back. I may have read the book of Job a couple of times before. It's the account of a man who has lost everything and is hopeless yet refuses to put blame on God for what has happened to Him. Instead, in that time of frustration he starts to curse himself and mourns his life situation. He was not however suicidal even at that time when He lost everything. He was a man of faith. He didn't give up belief in God.

He is confronted by his friends who all accuse him of being a sinner and urging him to repent for his sins. While, to Job's understanding, he has done nothing wrong. So, he seeks justice from God for his condition. He seeks the end also from God's hands. Job might have been hopeless and given up all hope. But He looked for an end to his troubles one way or another from God. And He waited, endured and his prayer was answered in a positive way.

This is an example that no pain and no suffering, no matter how small or how great is permanent. As long as the person who suffers and waits for an answer from God, that answer will come at the right time. God is never too early or too late in answering our prayer. God answers our prayers at exactly the right time. Of course, God answers our prayers at His time. So all we have to do is ask God what we need and patiently wait. If you're a human being, no matter who you are, you will suffer. In that time of suffering, you offer your suffering to God and wait for relief and refuge from God. The answer for your prayers will come. That's what Job's story is about.
Really a good and deep summary. Have you evolved in your perception of the Book of Job and of Job’s attitude according to the different events happening to him? Did you wait a lot between your different readings of the Book? I like the expression “man of faith”, “Job’s understanding”, “waiting for an answer of God”, but a positive waiting because while there is no answer, he tries to speak to God as if in a prayer, he tries to analyze the situation, he tries to express himself and speak to God. I also like “at the right time” and “His time”. Waiting doesn’t mean we also have to struggle and make efforts when it’s possible.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021

"man of faith" and "he didn't give up belief in God" tell us a lot about the man Job and why God says there was no one like him on Earth when he was alive. But it also gives us a lot of information of how to develop a strong relationship with God, something which has to be kept alive!

Mar 25, 2020
"man of faith" and "he didn't give up belief in God" tell us a lot about the man Job and why God says there was no one like him on Earth when he was alive. But it also gives us a lot of information of how to develop a strong relationship with God, something which has to be kept alive!
That's true. We do need that strong relationship with Jesus.

I relate to the book of Job a lot because I've suffered a lot in my life. And I've often pondered over the conversation of Job and God's reply and the dialogue with his friends.

I've read the book of Job when I was a kid and I know the story. I've had a troubled family life right from a young age, so when I read the Bible, I read like I'm looking for answers no one would tell me.

I'm glad that my interpretation is appealing to you. I'm happy if what I shared with you was of help.

The last time I read the book of Job, I did really immerse myself. I read the book of Job, four sides a day. It's God's grace that I was able to read that much at that time. Normally I don't read the Bible like that. But my need was dire at the time. So, that's that.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021

I relate to the book of Job a lot because I've suffered a lot in my life. And I've often pondered over the conversation of Job and God's reply and the dialogue with his friends.

I've read the book of Job when I was a kid and I know the story. I've had a troubled family life right from a young age, so when I read the Bible, I read like I'm looking for answers no one would tell me.

I'm glad that my interpretation is appealing to you. I'm happy if what I shared with you was of help.

The last time I read the book of Job, I did really immerse myself. I read the book of Job, four sides a day. It's God's grace that I was able to read that much at that time. Normally I don't read the Bible like that. But my need was dire at the time. So, that's that.
That’s the difference between a doctor who knows a disease because of what he studied at University and someone who lives the disease through his own body or by helping a member of his family in his day to day life. Which understanding will you trust more : the doctor or the person who suffers. That’s also why Jesus understand better human beings because he went down and lived and suffered as a human being !

« My need was dire at the time »

It’s good to hear Job as a faithful man knowing he has done nothing wrong and it’s good to hear God’s final judgement : Job is paid back and God leaves Job’s associates in Job’s hands. It leaves no doubt about Job’s integrity and attitude or behavior !

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
A story of a simple man yet an incredible one and the presence of his associates highlights the rare personality of Job.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021

"immersion": deep mental nvolvement in something"
That's how we get to understand the Bible, reflecting daily, thinking again and again to get it right! Not an easy job because it requires a lot of energy and strong will and humility but also listening to what others have to say!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021

« I'm looking for answers no one would tell me. »
It’s like an echo which is repeated again and again and may die if you are not careful. If you are careful the echo may grow and grow like a mountain, starting from youth to adulthood !

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
Expressing his pain is a way to recover. but only when it's the right time. Sometimes we can't and then it's necessary to wait for the right time to speak with the right person!

Mar 25, 2020
Expressing his pain is a way to recover. but only when it's the right time. Sometimes we can't and then it's necessary to wait for the right time to speak with the right person!
What you say is true. Sometimes you do have a person you can talk to. Sometimes, you don't. God is always there to approach for His children.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
Once I went to see a friend. He was angry against other people i knew. it was like a storm. I don't know why but i pushed him so his anger could leave him and it worked! He became like a sheep! But later he told he thought at the time he wanted to kill me! Right time! If it hadn't be the right time I would have had to get away! Who knows!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
Chapter 3: There is no blame! Job just wants to die: he thinks he would happy while asleep !

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
Jesus speaks of death as if we were sleeping: same for Job!

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Job is a man of very Strong Faith in God ---This is so important for us to Note as we are to grow in our Faith walk with God ----and Job is such a Great example of what strong faith is and a great example of keeping that Faith in God even as we endure such sufferings in our lives ------

His Faith had deep roots that grounded his trust in God ------and that should be our goal as well so we can endure all that comes against us ---

Status
Not open for further replies.