Please elaborate what marriage can be, and is.You guys are young. And do not yet understand love. Or even what a marriage can be and is.
Please elaborate what marriage can be, and is.You guys are young. And do not yet understand love. Or even what a marriage can be and is.
If love is there and God sees fit. I had a wife who died last year that was older than me and were married for 36 wonderfully years. Biblically, spiritually and we loved each dearly. Marriage under God is different that marriage of convenience. I wouldn't judge before I knew.Please elaborate what marriage can be, and is.
Currently, 71 years old. Will turn 72 in Jan 9, 2027.
I am 71 years old. My first marriage was horrible and ended in divorce after 6 1/2 years. I8 year gap between my first and second marriage. Sadly, my late second wife passed away prematurely at age of 59. That marriage lasted 11 years 2 months. 9 months later married my 3rd (and last wife). I met her on this site. We will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary in November.You guys are young. And do not yet understand love. Or even what a marriage can be and is.
Read my post #79. Oh yeah...Welcome to CC.You guys are young. And do not yet understand love. Or even what a marriage can be and is.
If love is there and God sees fit. I had a wife who died last year that was older than me and were married for 36 wonderfully years. Biblically, spiritually and we loved each dearly. Marriage under God is different that marriage of convenience. I wouldn't judge before I knew.
I don't think the Bible gives a specific number of years that is acceptable or unacceptable. What matters more is that both people are mature, the relationship is loving and respectful and both are freely choosing it.So controversial topic here. Age gaps in relationships. How much of an age gap is too much? My friend her parents are 10 years apart and have a wonderful Godly relationship, my grandma’s mom and her husband had a 20 year age gap and had a good relationship, and my parents have a 7 year age gap. So what’s considered too much in biblical standards? Does she matter to you all? When does it start to get creepy or gross? Your opinions?
Thank you for your most gracious response to @MessengerT. I sincerely appreciate what you wrote. God Bless You.I understand that life experience has a lot to do with a person's outlook, but maybe you don't realize that @tourist is at least in his 60's, and maybe 70's (@tourist, feel free to correct me here.)
Most of the regular singles who hang out here (have been here 10+ years and more) are in their 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's -- so I'm not sure what you consider young. I understand that many come into Singles and don't realize a good many in the crowd are older. I'm in my 50's, but most people see my picture (which was taken in December 2025,) and automatically dismiss me as well.
Sure, there are a few here, especially new members, who are younger, but Tourist is no rookie.
He has been here with us many years and has graciously shared his life experiences with us. Some of his descriptions of caretaking for his beloved wife up until her death have moved me to tears.
He is one of the most respected members here in the Singles Forum community.
Just curious, @MessengerT, have you cared for a spouse unto death as Tourist has?
I'm genuinely curious. I am a around a lot of older people (70's, 80's, 90's and above) and am very interested of people's stories about how God got them through the "'Til Death Do Us Part" of marriage.
This is just me, but I don't think it gets talked about enough -- as in, living through the death of one's spouse, and how to carry on afterwards.
I am 71 years old. My first marriage was horrible and ended in divorce after 6 1/2 years. I8 year gap between my first and second marriage. Sadly, my late second wife passed away prematurely at age of 59. That marriage lasted 11 years 2 months. 9 months later married my 3rd (and last wife). I met her on this site. We will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary in November.
I most certainly do understand love and what a Godly marriage should be as I have lived it and continue to do so.
So, tell me, what experience do you have that has expanded your idea of what love is and what exactly is your experience in regard to actually being married, with possibly children?
Blessings to you.If love is there and God sees fit. I had a wife who died last year that was older than me and were married for 36 wonderfully years. Biblically, spiritually and we loved each dearly. Marriage under God is different that marriage of convenience. I wouldn't judge before I knew.
You did in fact judge me before you knew but that's OK. God did indeed bless you for 36 wonderful years of marriage. As you already know, the best marriage is the one that God is in the center of.If love is there and God sees fit. I had a wife who died last year that was older than me and were married for 36 wonderfully years. Biblically, spiritually and we loved each dearly. Marriage under God is different that marriage of convenience. I wouldn't judge before I knew.
When people are young, new believers, their faith might not be strong enough, to limit dating believers.Ok am glad all that Biblical misinterpretation was cleared up, basically, there being little instruction regarding age gap in the Bible, other than being of age. There were actually MANY marriages of convenience in the Bible. Ruth and Boaz anyone? Also Ruth didn't want to leave her mother-in-law. She clung to her. They had just survived a famine!
Note that..Naomi thought she was too old to be married again, she'd already had her children.
Concubines were often younger, but that's another story. And being barren is another.
In the new Testament, it actually says we are not called to bondage. God has called us to peace. 1 Corinthians 7:15
The most important thing, is both spouses be believers, that's all that matters.
Well trueWhen people are young, new believers, their faith might not be strong enough, to limit dating believers.
Also as young believers, some later on fell out of faith too.
In a way it is a gamble.
For older long time believers, who been through trial and error and discipline from God, it is bit easier to keep the faith.
People want a happy marriage. But God want us to live a Holy life.Well true
my church friend told me her sons marriage broken up, they been together 10 years, I attended their wedding. They were young, and new believers, had met at a church uni fellowship, married in church...and still didn't work out.
They don't have children, she wasn't in good health (suffering depression or mental issues) and after they got married never really worked a day in her life. AFAIK
I don't think they ever dated anyone else before they got married so it was sort of a first date to marriage kind of thing. I really thought they were too young, they'd barely graduated.
Well, she moved out back to her mother so..? IDKPeople want a happy marriage. But God want us to live a Holy life.
Marriage can only be broken if spouse abandonment, marries someone else.
Not working out is not a biblical reason.