Annoying things it seems like only you notice...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

Not to be grumpy, but I do confess some things people do annoys me.

This is the thread where you can post those things and move on.

It annoys me when people write ect instead of etc for et cetera.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The very high pitched, really annoying sound old fashioned TVs made. Nobody else could ever hear it, but I could always tell if a TV was turned on even if the sound was off and I couldn't see the screen. I think I was more happy than anybody else I know when flat-screens became prevalent.

T

Tinuviel

The very high pitched, really annoying sound old fashioned TVs made. Nobody else could ever hear it, but I could always tell if a TV was turned on even if the sound was off and I couldn't see the screen. I think I was more happy than anybody else I know when flat-screens became prevalent.
Ugh. Yes! And then it felt like it was still ringing in your ears even when the set was turned off.

T

Tinuviel

The word "totally" totally annoys me.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
When drivers weave in/out of traffic. When drivers don’t use their turning signals. When drivers don’t drive the speed limit, and even worse if they are in the passing lane.

I may or may not have road rage.

T

Tinuviel

When drivers weave in/out of traffic. When drivers don’t use their turning signals. When drivers don’t drive the speed limit, and even worse if they are in the passing lane.

Don't go to Chicago!:eek:

T

Tinuviel

My husband says Texans are among the worst drivers ever.
Never been there. I DO know that I once drove through Chicago with a lady who had driven in parts of London, Paris, England, Pheonix, San Franscisco, and LA, and she was flipping out in Chicago. Multiple lanes of course, speed limit of 55 with no one going below 70 (literally. If you do not go 70, you will probably get crushed.), and semi trucks absolutely everywhere. If Texas is worse than that, I'm not planning to go there any time soon!

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
When people use "less" to mean "fewer".

Fewer refers to countable items (fewer cups of sugar)
Less refers to uncountable quantities (less sugar)

Of course, the grammar rules get kinda weird when it comes to time and money.........

M

MissCris

When people say 'nucular' instead of 'nuclear'.

First come, first serve situations where people suddenly turn into animals.

People who treat their pet better than they treat other humans.

When someone says 'pitcher' instead of 'picture' (No, I will not take a pitcher of you).

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

Of course, the grammar rules get kinda weird when it comes to time and money.........
Not really, time and money are idea words and are uncountable, when we start counting we have to use minutes and seconds and dollars. Kind of like any liquid. Jimmy can have less milk than Johnny, but he has fewer ounces of milk. ( and from what I hear one of them is really ticked off at this arrangement)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Where do I start? Because after all, I never commit any of these atrocities... :cool:

"First come, first serve" instead of "First come, first served". (sorry, MissCriss... ;) )
"There are a number of..." instead of "There are several..." or "There is a number of..."
Right or left turns into the far lane of a two-lane street.
"At your beck and call" instead of "At your beckon call".

It's early in the day, and I've only had one coffee. I'm sure I'll come up with many more....

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

I used to tell my kids, "Much stuff, many things". Same idea.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
When people say “libarry” instead of library.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

Youv'e just described Los Angeles

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
But I think it is beginning to matter less and less, as fewer people who care are alive these days.

T

Tinuviel

Talking about road rage...the billboard they put up not far from me: "Eye or ear hasn't seen or heard what God has in store for those who love him." HAVEN'T. Be careful when paraphrasing, I guess. I feel like I go on a lengthy rant every time I drive past that. Grammar aside, that is just all around awkward phrasing.

L

LaVieEnRose

The one thing that annoys me the most is when people put clothes on their dogs and cats. Dogs and cats already have fur coats, they don’t require clothes. Plus, they always look miserable and very often do not have free movement.