Thank you for linking this. It's a good website, it seems quite useful.I have something to study now. Yay. From Is 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 an interpolation?
Thank you for linking this. It's a good website, it seems quite useful.I have something to study now. Yay. From Is 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 an interpolation?
This is one of his favourite phrases when he disagrees with someone. Dismiss their opinion/observation as "nonsense".
Not every piece of scripture has manuscript variance and notable alterations so no, the accusation that anything in scripture could be questioned on that basis is unfounded.
More nonsense from the naysayers, who are now attempting to cast doubt on the written Word of God. The fact that ABSOLUTELY every English translation has 1 Cor 14:34 and ABSOLUTELY every Greek text has the same verse is sufficient to confirm that there is no doubt whatsoever about this verse or this passage of Scripture or the context in which it was written.It's not at variance with his own ideas. It's at variance with other scripture, including what Paul has said elsewhere.
But then, this is what you always find unless you let go of the letter and seek the spirit of the word.
I was saved in jail. I went to a place called faith farm for about a year. It is a place for alcoholics and addicts. Often I have seen men enter under the influence and some so strung out they could barely speak. Many of those same men are now some of the greatest ambassadors for Christ I have ever seen. While I am not a homosexual I have seen both men and women delivered from that and much worse at places like celebrate recovery. I do not like to ever try and put limits on how God works or who He chooses. He choose me though I was a truly evil person, selfish and greedy. He choose you too and though you may not see it, when He saved you you were just as unworthy and unclean as those you speak of. I have found that humbleness brings blessings, and for me that means never forgetting just how bad I had become before He liberated me.
Do you think men are in charge of the church?
You do that too. Every time you speak against the NIV. Hypocrite.More nonsense from the naysayers, who are now attempting to cast doubt on the written Word of God.
Sorry. Every time anyone is allowed to enter. The only time they are approached is if they do 1 Cor. 14 disrupting. (You know the one where you think women shouldn't preach, but really it's about order in the gathering?) And they are most definitely approached then. By one or two elders, (depending on the situation), and then escorted to another room to talk/witness.
IF he/they cannot calm the person down and get to the point of communicating, then, and only then, is the person escorted out. AND, if it is a mental problem, they are escorted out to an ambulance for treatment.
The church should always be open to anyone.
Membership, however, is given to the ones who declare they believe certain things all Christians need to believe.
If God's word has allowed it? Absolutely! Are we not to submit authority to God's word? It's not a degrading of women issue. It's an obedience issue.
More nonsense from the naysayers, who are now attempting to cast doubt on the written Word of God. The fact that ABSOLUTELY every English translation has 1 Cor 14:34 and ABSOLUTELY every Greek text has the same verse is sufficient to confirm that there is no doubt whatsoever about this verse or this passage of Scripture or the context in which it was written.
Let me put it more bluntly: WHEN CHRISTIANS CAST DOUBT ON AUTHENTIC SCRIPTURE THEY ARE DOING THE DEVIL'S WORK.
Casting doubt and expressing doubt are two different things.
Sorry, but you have just gone out where the buses don't run with this diatribe.
People must be "stable" enough to come to the assembly? Show me any kind of scripture for that, Mr "I'm here to teach you the word more clearly"
The "pastor" decides who is stable enough to enter? Show me ANY scripture that says that. Or ANY scripture that says an assembly is run by "a pastor" ..... NOT scriptural at all.
Yes, PLEASE show me a scripture about that... And don't give me the scripture about doing things "decently and in order".... that is strictly about what happens in an assembly, NOT about who gets to attend.
Jesus came to save sinners. He fellowshipped with the lowest of the low in his society... sat down and ate with them. The church assembly is a HOSPITAL FOR SINNERS, for YOUR edification... not some exclusive country club that only those "good enough" can enter...
Your brand of acceptance is sickening, and is why most of the "lost" of this world want nothing to do with it. I urge you to read what Jesus actually did, and what he taught, and repent from your haughty, exclusive beliefs.
You should be ashamed...
Are you saying God has allowed women to be pastors over a local church but they are not an elder? Is this anti-female? Women cannot be elders?
Genesis 3 and Ephesians 5:22-23 God is the head of Christ. Christ is the head of the husband. The husband is the head of his wife.
More nonsense from the naysayers, who are now attempting to cast doubt on the written Word of God. The fact that ABSOLUTELY every English translation has 1 Cor 14:34 and ABSOLUTELY every Greek text has the same verse is sufficient to confirm that there is no doubt whatsoever about this verse or this passage of Scripture or the context in which it was written.
Let me put it more bluntly: WHEN CHRISTIANS CAST DOUBT ON AUTHENTIC SCRIPTURE THEY ARE DOING THE DEVIL'S WORK.
That right there is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. They are exactly the same thing. When one expresses doubt for God's word on this forum, then certainly they are casting it for others to hear. And the casting of that doubt is obviously an expression of it.
What I believe is exactly what the Bible says. God appointed man to keep His commandments and to be the teachers within the church. According to scripture, it is very clear that God chose to work through man to pass along His word inside of the church. Anyone that believes anything to the contrary, is disregarding what the Bible states. It is God who is in charge of the church and He has set forth clear rules as to how he wants that to take place.
I disagree. Expressing doubt is like, "I am not convinced of that. I'd like to research it more." Casting doubt is like, "I am certain that wording comes from a corrupted source." "Casting" has the sense of causing others to doubt; "expressing" doesn't.
For the record, I see far more of the latter from KJV-only proponents than from those who use a variety of translations.