Are you completely Born again????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The appropriate question for mark 16:16 is...why did Jesus include baptism in his statement?
Who believed AND baptize shall be saved.
Well it logically follows that we get water baptized after we believe and are saved, yet Jesus clarified the second clause with, "but he who does not believe will be condemned." Nothing there about a lack of baptism causing condemnation. It's like saying, "he who takes his medication and washes it down with water will be made well." Of course, it's not the washing it down with water part that makes a person well. It's the medication, but if water is not available and the person takes the medication dry (been there, done that) they will still be made well "because of the medication."

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Well it logically follows that we get water baptized after we believe and are saved, yet Jesus clarified the second clause with, "but he who does not believe will be condemned." Nothing there are a lack of baptism causing condemnation. It's like saying, "he who takes his medication and washes it down with water will be made well." Of course, it's not the washing it down with water part that makes a person well. It's the medication, but if water is not available and the person takes the medication dry (been there, done that) they will still be made well "because of the medication."
You just do not get it...
There is no need to say baptize because the person do not believed...

Ok let's put it this way...
Do you chose not to believed and be condemned....

Or do you chose to believed and baptized and be saved...

It's one or the other

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Accepting what the apostles preached about Jesus are all true...
If Jesus said I should be baptize..then I must...
Who is saying not to water baptize? If someone repents and believes the gospel and wants to be water baptized, bring on the water for this saved convert.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You just do not get it...
There is no need to say baptize because the person do not believed...

Ok let's put it this way...
Do you chose not to believed and be condemned....

Or do you chose to believed and baptized and be saved...

It's one or the other
Oh believe me I get it. I grew up in the Roman Catholic church and had also temporarily spent some time in the Church of Christ. Both churches place a heavy emphasis on water baptism for salvation, so none of your arguments are anything new or enlightening.

Mark 16:16 is composed of two basic statements:
1. He who believes and is baptized will be saved.
2. He who does not believe will be condemned.

While this verse tells us that believers who have been baptized will be saved, it does not say anything about believers who have not been baptized. In order for this verse to teach that baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation, a third statement would be necessary, as in, "He who believes and is not baptized will be condemned" or "He who is not baptized will be condemned." But neither of those statements are found in that verse. *So what happened to baptism in John 3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26?

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Who is saying not to water baptize? If someone repents and believes the gospel and wants to be water baptized, bring on the water for this saved convert.
The eunuch..said....
Here there is water...
What PROHIBIT me to be baptized...I hope you get the point

E

eternally-gratefull

so baptism to you is just plain immersion in water...without belief as they immerse you in water you are buried with christ?
I was baptized by god

did you not read my post?

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Oh believe me I get it. I grew up in the Roman Catholic church and had also temporarily spent some time in the Church of Christ. Both churches place a heavy emphasis on water baptism for salvation, so none of your arguments are anything new or enlightening.

Mark 16:16 is composed of two basic statements:
1. He who believes and is baptized will be saved.
2. He who does not believe will be condemned.

While this verse tells us that believers who have been baptized will be saved, it does not say anything about believers who have not been baptized. In order for this verse to teach that baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation, a third statement would be necessary, as in, "He who believes and is not baptized will be condemned" or "He who is not baptized will be condemned." But neither of those statements are found in that verse. *So what happened to baptism in John 3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26?
John 3:15... before john 3:15.
Theres this subject..
Except a man is born of water and spirit shall not enter the kingdom of God..
What is born of water?

Will Jesus contradict himself...

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I received Christ through faith on a Satur
The eunuch..said....
Here there is water...
What PROHIBIT me to be baptized...I hope you get the point
I got it and I hope you got the point that Philip was water baptized AFTER he believed and was saved. Acts 8:37 - Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” John 20:31 - But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
John 3:15... before john 3:15.
Theres this subject..
Except a man is born of water and spirit shall not enter the kingdom of God..
What is born of water?

Will Jesus contradict himself...
Of course Jesus does not contradict himself and in regards to the word "water" in John 3:5, there are those who would argue that the natural sense of the passage parallels "water" with being born out of a mother’s womb (verse 4) and with "flesh" (verse 6). Simply stated in that case, Jesus told Nicodemus that in order to see the kingdom of God two births are necessary. The first is a physical, literal, "flesh" birth (which is, of course, accompanied by amniotic "water") and the second is Spirit.

There are also those who would argue that Jesus mentions "living water" in John 4:10, 14; 7:37-39 and in John 7:38-39, we read - "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the source of living water and spiritual cleansing. If "water" is arbitrarily defined as baptism, then we could just as justifiably say, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living baptism" in John 7:38. If this sounds ridiculous, it is no more so than the idea that water baptism is the source or the means of becoming born again.

Yet there are still others who would argue that "water" is used in the Bible as an emblem of the Word of God, and in such uses it is associated with cleansing or washing. (John 15:3; Ephesians 5:26) When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begets new life, Divine life, so that we are said to become "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4). The new birth is brought to pass through "incorruptible seed, by the Word of God, which lives and abides forever" (I Peter 1:23), but the Holy Spirit is the Agent who accomplishes the miracle of regeneration. *So to automatically read "baptism" into John 3:5 simply because it mentions "water" is unwarranted.*

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Of course Jesus does not contradict himself and in regards to the word "water" in John 3:5, there are those who would argue that the natural sense of the passage parallels "water" with being born out of a mother’s womb (verse 4) and with "flesh" (verse 6). Simply stated in that case, Jesus told Nicodemus that in order to see the kingdom of God two births are necessary. The first is a physical, literal, "flesh" birth (which is, of course, accompanied by amniotic "water") and the second is Spirit.

There are also those who would argue that Jesus mentions "living water" in John 4:10, 14; 7:37-39 and in John 7:38-39, we read - "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the source of living water and spiritual cleansing. If "water" is arbitrarily defined as baptism, then we could just as justifiably say, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living baptism" in John 7:38. If this sounds ridiculous, it is no more so than the idea that water baptism is the source or the means of becoming born again.

Yet there are still others who would argue that "water" is used in the Bible as an emblem of the Word of God, and in such uses it is associated with cleansing or washing. (John 15:3; Ephesians 5:26) When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begets new life, Divine life, so that we are said to become "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4). The new birth is brought to pass through "incorruptible seed, by the Word of God, which lives and abides forever" (I Peter 1:23), but the Holy Spirit is the Agent who accomplishes the miracle of regeneration. *So to automatically read "baptism" into John 3:5 simply because it mentions "water" is unwarranted.*
Maybe it's just coincidence..
Mark 16 Jesus talking about who believed and baptized shall be saved...
In john 3
Jesus was talking about born of water and spirit as requirement to enter the kingdom of God...
Coincidentally later in john 3...
Jesus again was talking about believing...and then theres baptism

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Maybe it's just coincidence..
Mark 16 Jesus talking about who believed and baptized shall be saved...
In john 3
Jesus was talking about born of water and spirit as requirement to enter the kingdom of God...
Coincidentally later in john 3...
Jesus again was talking about believing...and then theres baptism
All that demonstrates is that baptism is associated with conversion, rather than absolutely required for salvation.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
So you learned nothing from post #252?
If you browse the thread I have dealt with physical birth.
Except a (grown) man be born of water....
A (grown) man be born physically...
Don't you think it's stupid to say a grown man be physically born from womb..
Men are all born physically except adam.

Your post 252 is a classic example of how they deal with mark 16:16.
They are ignoring the baptism.
Jesus said..believed and baptized
Jesus said..except a man be born of water and spirit...
Peter said like figure baptism saved us.
The eunuch said...what prohibit me to be baptize...

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Hmm for me as it was once done "who are you, who knows you and how long have you walked in what your teach/believe". Then we go pray for along time. I have no clue who this is in this video that has 5 subs. Are they a believer? What do they follow? Whos his pastor.. we all need someone over us or we can be deceived.

John 3 16, Rom 10:9-10

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Hmm for me as it was once done "who are you, who knows you and how long have you walked in what your teach/believe". Then we go pray for along time. I have no clue who this is in this video that has 5 subs. Are they a believer? What do they follow? Whos his pastor.. we all need someone over us or we can be deceived.

John 3 16, Rom 10:9-10
Can you please list down which you think is not scriptural?