Are You Romantic?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
YES I AM!!!!!!!!! (but your a boy, and I'm a boy, so it just ain't gonna happen) :)

G

GtrPkr

I went fishing one night and wound up coming home with two dozen giant live bullfrogs in a cardboard box. Since it was 2 in the morning I figured the box of frogs would be safe the bathtub. They weren't. There were frogs all over the bathroom in the morning when my girlfriend at the time got up for work, she was highly unimpressed.... However, I did make us a nice frog legs and rice dish for dinner. With candles :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thank you sir Tourist 😊 I grew up seeing my mother like that...she takes care of my father with love and they are still together until now 😊
Your father and mother are truly blessed that God brought them together and that there is obviously love in the marriage.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
When the tide is high
and the time is right
We come out of our shells
and blow bubbles in the moonlight.

G

GtrPkr

Ohhh, you mean Bromance... Dude, I know that's right! NOT HAPPENING!!!!

HanCris

Nov 12, 2018
I have learnt that you don't have to always go to special places or do grand gestures to be romantic.

One of the sweetest things, among many, that my SO did for me was when I fell down the stairs at work. Ironically we were "text-fighting" and at that moment, I slipped and used my hand to steady my fall which left me with scrapes.
His next text was weirdly "are you okay?" , at which point I shared a picture of my bloodied hand.

He insisted on coming to pick me up - which I refused because I like to be independent. However he still came around and cleaned up my wound, bandaged my fingers and kissed them.

That's when I knew I really loved him. He's taken me to some really special events - football and basketball games, musicals, plays and concerts. I love doing all of that with him. But it's also the very mundane things - like helping me move furniture to my new place, staying up late so he knows I reached home safe (when I've been out), spending hours fixing and polishing a guitar for me...

If I think about what I have done to be romantic compared to him, it may not be the same in quantity. I have taken him to a concert, the symphony and bought him gifts.
But I show my care for him in other ways - trying to understand what he likes - music, sports, books. I try to support him in every way.

The one thing I did - from my last apartment when I would walk to his place, I would stop by a shop and bring him chai. He's not a fan of coffee. Now that I've moved (and live pretty close to him), I don't go by the same place. I don't know - I'll have to think of something romantic to do now ^_^ .
That was sweet. I guess the little things done were what made it romantic. It is the effort that counts. You both makes effort for each other that how it works. Anyway goodluck to your next romantic move. lol. God bless your relationship. :)

K

Kim82

We might be talking about something besides what you think we're talking about here. We're not talking romance as in sex, or things that stimulate lust. We're talking about nice, sweet, thoughtful things people do for each other.
Well the title of thread should be, ARE YOU A NICE, SWEET, THOUGHTFUL PERSON?

I can remember seeing a similar thread where the OP asked people to talk about the things that make them sexy.

As I recall that thread turned into a joke as well.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yes i remember that thread. This is not that thread.

Kim I get the impression english is not your first language. Sometimes you misunderstand what people say, and sometimes you find out things about other people's cultures that you can't understand. Nothing wrong with that, it happens to the best of us. But then you fly off the handle and berate people based on what you think you understand. And when we explain what we meant you hold very tightly to your misunderstanding and insist we are wrong about what we mean, as though you know better than we what we intended to say.

I can understand misunderstandings. I can not understand continuing to put people down after they explain the misunderstandings. And frankly it's getting really old. Please stop.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
I’m sharing this from my dads point of view. My parents always seemed blissfully in love. Even during disagreements. That’s the biggest blessing I think God has given me. I grew up in a happy home. My mom has this beautiful soft voice. She used to sing to my brother and I. At bedtime she would sing us Danish lullabies. She would switch from English to Danish. Back and forth during her singing. My dad would stand at the doorway and listen. Sometimes his eyes would be closed. I heard him tell her once that during his deployments her singing was what saw him through. Knowing that while he was away his children where safe and loved. This is one of my favorite memories of my mom. And one of the most romantic things I can imagine. For this strong, tough man to find comfort in my mommas beautiful voice ❤️💕

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I’m sharing this from my dads point of view. My parents always seemed blissfully in love. Even during disagreements. That’s the biggest blessing I think God has given me. I grew up in a happy home. My mom has this beautiful soft voice. She used to sing to my brother and I. At bedtime she would sing us Danish lullabies. She would switch from English to Danish. Back and forth during her singing. My dad would stand at the doorway and listen. Sometimes his eyes would be closed. I heard him tell her once that during his deployments her singing was what saw him through. Knowing that while he was away his children where safe and loved. This is one of my favorite memories of my mom. And one of the most romantic things I can imagine. For this strong, tough man to find comfort in my mommas beautiful voice ❤️💕
Thanks for sharing this. It was beautiful.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Let me ask YOU a question.

Why do women NOT find farts funny?

Why is that?

What terrible lacking in the soul prevents a woman from appreciating the eternal humor of the fart?

I'm a guy and farts are gross