Are you under the Curse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Josefnospam

May 29, 2014
PLEASE NOTE:
All i ask is you read the few scriptures carefully Notice I added no comments to the scriptures and I will not respond to
any one who wants to argue or cause trouble. Form you own opinion and keep it to yourself. After the scripture I added my personal comments ......Thank you

Gal. 3;10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse
Gal. 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God.
Gal. 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law
Romans 6:15 We are not under the law but under grace
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified
Gal. 5:18 But if you are led by the spirit you are not under the law

WE are not under the curse of the law Why would anyone want to be. Our Savior took away the curse of the law and we are under his grace and love. WE are to keep his commandments
And this is his commandment That we should believe on the name of his son Jesus Christ and love one another
I thank God I am not under the curse of the law and I truely hope so are you Trust and believe in Christ Jesus
who gives eternal life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
WE are not under the curse of the law Why would anyone want to be. Our Savior took away the curse of the law and we are under his grace and love. WE are to keep his commandments
I believe that the 10 commandments are the law. I agree that we should keep them. The curse is that if you break them then you have committed a sin and the curse is that unless you ask for forgiveness, and repent by inviting the Holy Spirit into your heart to comfort and guide you on your spiritual walk you are now subject to eternal separation from God. Fortunately, the shed blood of Jesus dying on the cross for the remission of sin is sufficient payment. Anyone who is born again is no longer under the curse.

Sep 3, 2016
PLEASE NOTE:
All i ask is you read the few scriptures carefully Notice I added no comments to the scriptures and I will not respond to
any one who wants to argue or cause trouble. Form you own opinion and keep it to yourself. After the scripture I added my personal comments ......Thank you

And this is his commandment That we should believe on the name of his son Jesus Christ and love one another
I thank God I am not under the curse of the law and I truely hope so are you Trust and believe in Christ Jesus
who gives eternal life.
And how do we keep the commandments so we will not fall under the law (curse)?

Sep 3, 2016
Most Christians are cursed. Why? Because they are operating under the "Law!"

If the Believers Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary's Cross where the victory was won, they are under a curse!!!!!!!

Sep 3, 2016
I believe that the 10 commandments are the law. I agree that we should keep them. The curse is that if you break them then you have committed a sin and the curse is that unless you ask for forgiveness, and repent by inviting the Holy Spirit into your heart to comfort and guide you on your spiritual walk you are now subject to eternal separation from God. Fortunately, the shed blood of Jesus dying on the cross for the remission of sin is sufficient payment. Anyone who is born again is no longer under the curse.
Please talk to your Pastor...asap!

Apr 15, 2017
PLEASE NOTE:

who gives eternal life.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

You are not under the law if you are led of the Spirit.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For a person that hates sin, and does not want sin, can abstain from sin by the Spirit for they will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

For those that are Christ's, belong to Him, are part of His kingdom, have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they show the ways of the Spirit and not the flesh, therefore they are not under the law for their sins are forgiven, and they are not sinning, therefore the law cannot touch them for prosecution.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

But if people do not hate sin, and hold unto sin, then the blood of Jesus cannot wash that sin away for God will not take away something they hold on to, and then they are under the law and can be prosecuted.

Do not err for God said sin separates us from Him, and there are many people that hold unto sin and think they are alright with God.

Which God told us of the last generation before Jesus comes back that they will be pure in their own eyes, but not washed from their filthiness, and that there would be many hypocrites, and Jesus said the hypocrites do not belong to Him.

2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Many people claiming Christ that do not allow the Spirit to lead them, but are led of the flesh enjoying sin and believing they are alright with God, enjoying the things of the world like the world enjoys them, which God said love not the world or the things in the world, and if a person does the things of the world the love of the Father is not in them.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

The Lord knows them that are His having this seal, for this is what seals the saints, and how they are led of the Spirit, that those that name the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Some do not depart from iniquity so they cannot be with Jesus for they were not led of the Spirit.

1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

And for those who say saved by faith alone, charity, love in action, is greater than faith, and faith works by love.

Which means no love, then no faith is applied to your life.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity does not think an evil thought, and does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth to hate sin, and abstain from sin by the Spirit.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Paul said that he could have all faith, so that he could remove mountains, but if he did not have charity, then he is nothing.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James said without charity their faith is dead, for charity is greater than faith.

1Jn 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

John said without charity the love of God does not dwell in them.

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Paul said if they preach that godliness is gain that God blesses them with money, and material things for their wants, when He only blesses us with out needs to withdraw yourselves from them.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

For the love of money is the root of all evil for it neglects the poor and needy, and love is the fulfilling of the law, which Paul said they have erred from the faith.

And there are millions of people that believe the prosperity Gospel that God blesses them with money and material things above their needs.

There are many people who claim Christ that hold unto sin, and go by their wants with money and material things, and believe they are alright with God.

But they will argue about it, but the Bible says to turn away from them, and withdraw yourselves from them, for they will not let go of the flesh.

Charity is greater than faith, and charity does not sin by the Spirit, and only goes by their needs and not their wants, and helps the poor and needy if they can, for love is the fulfilling of the law.

You are not under the law if you are led by the Spirit.

And those that belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts, so they will not sin.

All sin can be forgiven, but if a person sins they should have the right attitude that sin does affect their relationship with God, and get rid of the sin.

But many have the wrong attitude and believe they alright while they live in sin, and hold unto sin, but then they are under the law.

Do not err, for many people do, especially in today's world with money and material things flowing like a raging river, worldliness galore, and fleshy pleasures aplenty, and they cannot keep their hands off them as they want to enjoy those things like the world.

But they think we are alright, but many are ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Aug 10, 2019
Are you under the curse of the law or the blessing of the law which is it?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The curse of the law is explained in Deuteronomy 27 to 29, it is a curse of death and destruction. When we disobey the Lord we are under the curse. As in Deuteronomy 29 it is explained that it is only through Christ that we are released from the curse. When we give over our will to Christ and through his blood accept His forgiveness, we are freed from the curse.

Deuteronomy 29: 24 All the nations will ask: “Why has the Lord done this to this land? Why this fierce, burning anger?”

25 And the answer will be: “It is because this people abandoned the covenant of the Lord, the God of their ancestors, the covenant he made with them when he brought them out of Egypt.

The covenant was explained to the people. When they put the blood of the lamb, as a symbol of Christ, on their door, the Lord knew they accepted the Lord in their life as their savior.

Aug 10, 2019
The curse of the law is explained in Deuteronomy 27 to 29, it is a curse of death and destruction. When we disobey the Lord we are under the curse. As in Deuteronomy 29 it is explained that it is only through Christ that we are released from the curse. When we give over our will to Christ and through his blood accept His forgiveness, we are freed from the curse.

Deuteronomy 29: 24 All the nations will ask: “Why has the Lord done this to this land? Why this fierce, burning anger?”

25 And the answer will be: “It is because this people abandoned the covenant of the Lord, the God of their ancestors, the covenant he made with them when he brought them out of Egypt.

The covenant was explained to the people. When they put the blood of the lamb, as a symbol of Christ, on their door, the Lord knew they accepted the Lord in their life as their savior.
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the children of God born into the kingdom of God by water and Spirit?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the children of God born into the kingdom of God by water and Spirit?
Could we become children of
God without Christ? Where do you think the free will we are given enters in?

Aug 10, 2019
Could we become children of
God without Christ? Where do you think the free will we are given enters in?

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
No argument from me, beloved. God bless you for sharing God’s love and grace with others.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
PLEASE NOTE:

who gives eternal life.
I hear this selection from one group, free grace.
What is left out is the most important. Love. We love God and love our neighbour and thereby fulfil
the law. Unfortunately immortals, who are now in Christ yet have hard hearts find this impossible and
seek to blame the flesh for their failure and say that it is satan who accuses them of sin, while they are
forgiven while commiting sin and not repenting or walking in love.

This is the sinners charter for a sinful lifestyle, which is spoken of Jesus's intention.
The absurdity is no sacrifice or cost is involved, giving up your life, but rather belief without consequences.
It is little wonder who gnostic belief is the way to heaven, and walking in love is just self righteousness
and evil taking away from Christs work. It seems to fit until you see what being in the Kingdom means.
We are Christs ambassadors of His work in our hearts. If no work has taken place and the change is so
small no one else can see it, what is the reality? There is no light or even hope of it.

Unless one is an immortal, then the words of walking in purity and holiness are not achievable, except
as a fake impression. Some say it is Jesus covering the believer, except Jesus could cover the world like
this, so everyone is saved. Either Jesus changes us and love is true or it is all fake pipe dreams and
just belief. If you are a sinner destroying your life through addiction, not exactly a message of hope
or life, rather useless ideas of the doomed.

I hope you come to believe Jesus does deliver us from the curse of the law, by making us able to walk
in love so literally makes us not breakers of the law but obedient example of people of the Kingdom.
Amen.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I hear this selection from one group, free grace.
What is left out is the most important. Love. We love God and love our neighbour and thereby fulfil
the law. Unfortunately immortals, who are now in Christ yet have hard hearts find this impossible and
seek to blame the flesh for their failure and say that it is satan who accuses them of sin, while they are
forgiven while commiting sin and not repenting or walking in love.

This is the sinners charter for a sinful lifestyle, which is spoken of Jesus's intention.
The absurdity is no sacrifice or cost is involved, giving up your life, but rather belief without consequences.
It is little wonder who gnostic belief is the way to heaven, and walking in love is just self righteousness
and evil taking away from Christs work. It seems to fit until you see what being in the Kingdom means.
We are Christs ambassadors of His work in our hearts. If no work has taken place and the change is so
small no one else can see it, what is the reality? There is no light or even hope of it.

Unless one is an immortal, then the words of walking in purity and holiness are not achievable, except
as a fake impression. Some say it is Jesus covering the believer, except Jesus could cover the world like
this, so everyone is saved. Either Jesus changes us and love is true or it is all fake pipe dreams and
just belief. If you are a sinner destroying your life through addiction, not exactly a message of hope
or life, rather useless ideas of the doomed.

I hope you come to believe Jesus does deliver us from the curse of the law, by making us able to walk
in love so literally makes us not breakers of the law but obedient example of people of the Kingdom.
Amen.
Complete strawman argument. Bringing up your own erroneous imagination of what you don't understand and then coming against that imagination with your argument.

Your argument is fairly valid. But your strawman is pure silliness.

Either you have full faith in Christ or you don't. Christ has said that His Sheep hear His Voice and He GIVES them Eternal Life.

You either believe that or you believe that it is by your work and your righteousness that ACHIEVES eternal life.

I do like your last paragraph though. Always gotta try and find the positive...

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Complete strawman argument. Bringing up your own erroneous imagination of what you don't understand and then coming against that imagination with your argument.
Your argument is fairly valid. But your strawman is pure silliness.
Either you have full faith in Christ or you don't. Christ has said that His Sheep hear His Voice and He GIVES them Eternal Life.
You either believe that or you believe that it is by your work and your righteousness that ACHIEVES eternal life.
I do like your last paragraph though. Always gotta try and find the positive...
Thank you for the compliment.
Beliefs are not necessarily what people say they believe, but rather the behaviour and the meaning
of the concepts. I could claim I can walk on hot coals. It can be shown this is possible with or without
faith. One can therefore build a case of behaviour and belief and how they work together.

A for instance I can say, "I am immortal and it is a free gift once accepted God never rejects"
I can say "I have free will to accept Christ once, but reject Him thousands of times unless I have accepted
Him once."
Or deeper still, "I can accept Jesus and an upgrade to immortality takes place, except if at some later point
I believe something not liked, which means the previous upgrade never took place."
Another way of saying this is "I can choose what I believe, I believe only this group of ideas, unless I do
not, at which point I never believed at all. But this is eternal security sealed by the Holy Spirit except if I
discover I never believed at all." So in truth there is never eternal security, just the delusion it exists.

God is the judge, and in Him we rest. Now as a very empathetic, feeling kind of person, I know the trauma
and lack of it some feel. Jesus was so empathetic he wept at Lazaruses wake. I used to wonder at this, now
I do not. Jesus was a lover of our souls, He died for them. He has the heart of hearts. Even those who claim
I talk rubbish, to save sinners, Jesus must love beyond the boundaries of Holiness and His own righteousness.
That is self destruction, if you know what adopting dysfunctional children is like, in the end they will always
get chucked out. Now I will always share, because until I met this level of dysfunctional behaviour I never
believed it could exist or express itself like this. Some really hate the light and Christs freedom, love at
work to cleanse the heart. God bless you.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Please talk to your Pastor...asap!
Why in the world would I want to do that? Regarding spiritual matters, pastors don't always know everything about anything. If the law kills, as Paul has stated, then he must have been referring to the 10 Commandments. Really, what other law is spiritually pertinent besides those? Paul certainly was not talking about the 600+ laws and ordinances in effect at Moses time.