Bachelors and Spinsters in New Hampshire

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BrickDavis

Jan 7, 2013
Hi from a Christian gentleman living in Manchester, NH. I am 61 and never-married and have never had any children. Are there any Christian spinsters who never-married and have never had any children?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You're 61? Then why does your age show as 67? And your avatar pic looks pretty young for 61... lol

Hi from a Christian gentleman living in Manchester, NH. I am 61 and never-married and have never had any children. Are there any Christian spinsters who never-married and have never had any children?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Three posts in five years :eek: Where you been hiding?

Single man = bachelor. Sounds cool :cool:

Single woman = spinster. Sounds so not cool :(

Someone is bound to tell you eventually: this is not a dating site.
(Thought I'd get that out there right away :D)

Do you have something against children? :confused:

I am asking because you have told us very little about yourself beyond the facts that you have advanced into your seventh decade, remaining single and childless all the while. Don't get me wrong! That in itself could be seen as quite a feat, depending on the reasons why.

Welcome to Christian Chat :) I hope you enjoy your time with us!

Don't be shy :D There are many forums to post in :) God bless you

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Uhhhh...

I don't mean to sound picky, but, "spinsters?" Really?

Might as well say, "Hey all you hopeless old hags out there, I see you in your rocking chairs, knitting and feeding those 16 cats... Give me a call! Wink, wink, wink."

Um... Sorry... again, I'm not meaning to criticize it just seems like there would be a more positive (not to mention flattering) way to address strong, independent, single Christian women?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I like hanging out on the front porch of the Cracker Barrel, to meet women.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I like hanging out on the front porch of the Cracker Barrel, to meet women.
So YOU'RE the one that's always taking up my favorite rocking chair. :(

(And don't go telling me to sit on your lap... We spinsters don't share a chair.)

Lol, Tommy. We regular posters already know what you're going to say before you say it. ;)

S

Susanna

Uhhhh...

I don't mean to sound picky, but, "spinsters?" Really?

Might as well say, "Hey all you hopeless old hags out there, I see you in your rocking chairs, knitting and feeding those 16 cats... Give me a call! Wink, wink, wink."

Um... Sorry... again, I'm not meaning to criticize it just seems like there would be a more positive (not to mention flattering) way to address strong, independent, single Christian women?
As for myself, the official CC hag, I declare "hag" a badge of Honor.

With a licence to nag.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
So YOU'RE the one that's always taking up my favorite rocking chair. :(

(And don't go telling me to sit on your lap... We spinsters don't share a chair.)

Lol, Tommy. We regular posters already know what you're going to say before you say it. ;)
They have plenty of rocking chairs. I was going to ask if you wanted to play checkers.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Heyyy.. who you calling a spinster ?

Saturn

Apr 30, 2014
619-08003070en_Masterfile.jpg

Me! Me! Right here!

Minus the never married or have children part. I have children. Lots and LOTS of children.

I hope you like twins ;)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Heyyy.. who you calling a spinster ?
You're only 34, you haven't even made it to old maid yet, You've got a ways to go before spinster. spinster.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
<clueless to the meaining of 'spinster' :confused:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
<clueless to the meaining of 'spinster' :confused:
A spinster, or old maid, is an older, childless woman who has never been married. A "spinster" is not simply a "single" woman, but a woman who has not formed a human pair bond by the time she is approaching or has reached menopause and the end of her reproductive lifespan

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
A spinster, or old maid, is an older, childless woman who has never been married. A "spinster" is not simply a "single" woman, but a woman who has not formed a human pair bond by the time she is approaching or has reached menopause and the end of her reproductive lifespan
So it's a compliment!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I could never wear the badge of Spinster as I got married at 17. Divorced by 24 and then single for 35 years.... with one child.... Nope no Spinster title here.... Remarried at 59 to a widower...... So no Bachelor or Spinster in this house. Just one 18 year span for the Mister and 35 year span of singleness for the Mrs'us.....lol

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I prefer to call myself "the single crazy orange kitty lady"... lol :eek:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i had no idea what a spinster was. i thought it had something to do with hipsters. lol.

Dec 23, 2017
DONT WAIT FOR GOD TO PROVIDE A MATE
GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.

T

toinena

Sometimes I think I have a vocabulary that is strangely put together. I know perfectly well what spinster is. But then other words is totally lost on me.

Does that tell something about the novels I have read or the films I have seen or the people I have talked to? Or does it tell you guys I am as weird as weird goes.

And no. I am not a spinster, but sometimes I wish I never met my ex-husband and would have remained one. Once the forbidden fruit has been tasted, the absence of it will be a heavy burden. So... being a spinster is far better, than being a bitter, lonely divorcee in my book.

Good luck finding your spinster.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.
Not an actual scriptural verse or sentiment. Think of Sarah. She figured she needed to do something to get the whole progeny thing happen. Worst. Idea. Ever. (kinda. OK one size fits all pantyhose is a close runner up. Trust me on this one guys.)

Last edited: