Best board games

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What are your picks for best board game? The ones you most enjoy playing with others. Please give your fun factor rating.

My number one is Scrabble.

The other is pictionary, to play in teams.

I think the fun factor for scrabble is learning to make new words and beating high score.
Pictionary again because of words. I guess its cos I like words.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I like Double Dominos, and Scrabble also. Chutes and Ladders is a fun game is you get tired of everything else, lol.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Board games make me board, I mean bored. :p

(Not really, but I like the homonym.)

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
My family loves board games:

Settlers of Catan
Agricola
Quiddler
Seven Wonders
Pandemic
Above and Below
Bohnanza
Puerto Rico
Chess

And my boys like the card game:
Killer Bunnies

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Eh, I pick up a new one and get tired of it relatively fast.

Settlers of Catan I have enjoyed
Risk (Long and been years, but fun if people know how to play)
Monopoly (been ages, but I like a fast paced game)
Upwords (scrabble with a twist)...I like this one better because tiles don't move and can stack.

Any word games, although scrabble I don't like b/c tiles are easy to move.

At present I am itching to play some stratego with a good partner.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
My wife and I used to play monopoly a lot
Her grandma used to like 'Trouble' when she visited us .. I can still hear her say ''awe shaw'' when she got a bad pop .. lol
Not a board game but we'd also play rummy all the time and keep score, some games lasted for a week or two .. She's blood thirsty
Spades too with other couples ..
And chess was my favorite until sleep apnea got me later in life .. imo the only game if you lose it's your own fault ..

Jan 19, 2020
My favorite recently has been Castles of Burgundy. It takes a little time to learn and set up, but me and my parents never tire of it. I also like Settlers of Catan and Classic Pandemic.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What are your picks for best board game? The ones you most enjoy playing with others. Please give your fun factor rating.

My number one is Scrabble.

The other is pictionary, to play in teams.

I think the fun factor for scrabble is learning to make new words and beating high score.
Pictionary again because of words. I guess its cos I like words.
My number one board game is chess but I love Scrabble also and have played many times with my family.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife and I used to play monopoly a lot
Her grandma used to like 'Trouble' when she visited us .. I can still hear her say ''awe shaw'' when she got a bad pop .. lol
Not a board game but we'd also play rummy all the time and keep score, some games lasted for a week or two .. She's blood thirsty
Spades too with other couples ..
And chess was my favorite until sleep apnea got me later in life .. imo the only game if you lose it's your own fault ..
What you have said about chess is true as it is 100% skill with zero luck.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm never really got into Settlers of Catan although it seems really popular.

A new one thats doesnt have a board more of a card game is Cards against Humanity, but it might be just a passing fad.

Chess is strategy..you have to use your brain. But I'd pick scrabble over chess, cos if you somehow arent evenly matched its fun anyway to help make words.
You can get special scrabble boards that have ridges so the tiles dont move and even have built in turntable or magnetic scrabble.

Chinese checkers is fun. Its a bit easier to pick up, and more interesting than draughts.

I dont think I can handle monopoly anymore lol. I think it just teaches people its good to be greedy, and that life is gamble to get rich and wipe everyone else out.

Anyone played Jumanji? I saw the movie for the first time this month and though well of course there has to be an actual board game made of it, but I cant imagine ever playing it in real life. It just seems you roll the dice and wild animals come running after you.

E

EliBeth

Hi, Lanolin. 🙂

My favorite board game is Ticket to Ride. 🚝

I used to reaaally like Taboo, but had to quit playing. I would get too excited and a little out of control. 😔

Sequence can be fun too.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
hmm never really got into Settlers of Catan although it seems really popular.

A new one thats doesnt have a board more of a card game is Cards against Humanity, but it might be just a passing fad.

Chess is strategy..you have to use your brain. But I'd pick scrabble over chess, cos if you somehow arent evenly matched its fun anyway to help make words.
You can get special scrabble boards that have ridges so the tiles dont move and even have built in turntable or magnetic scrabble.

Chinese checkers is fun. Its a bit easier to pick up, and more interesting than draughts.

I dont think I can handle monopoly anymore lol. I think it just teaches people its good to be greedy, and that life is gamble to get rich and wipe everyone else out.

Anyone played Jumanji? I saw the movie for the first time this month and though well of course there has to be an actual board game made of it, but I cant imagine ever playing it in real life. It just seems you roll the dice and wild animals come running after you.
ha, I forgot about chinese checkers when I was young ..

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
Monopoly, life, risk, settlers of catan, chess, connect four,uno, skipo

Jogli

Aug 6, 2021
Board games make me board, I mean bored. :p

(Not really, but I like the homonym.)
I am a big dominos man. Play a lot online. Tried to learn 42 but with the shut downs hard to find someone.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Other than a board game"....Always wanted to learn Mah Jongg. and did.....have enjoyed! 🤗

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I got Taboo
I quite like that one

lots of people mentioned Pandemic. What is that?!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is a contraction of epidemic preceded by the prefix, pan. Pandemic. A global epidemic.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Snakes and Ladders
Tiddlywinks

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Growing up...our family played Parcheesi...anyone?