Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Is somebody inboxing you condescending, arrogant messages?

I think you are referring to Sid Roth saying "cmon! If I had a gun in your ribs I bet you could mumble faster!"

Everything he said you were suppose to do you CANNOT find in Scripture.
It doesn't really matter if someone has an "experience" they think is from the H.S. What matters is what they said, was it interpreted, and does it in some fashion Glorify God, spread the Gospel, or edify the body.

My focus in this debate has been to illustrate that there are bad actors that are either frauds, or under some other spirit than God's. And that WE need to discern which is which.

I've posted this video from Roth before, but not sure if you've seen it. The Lord does NOT heal through assault or violence against a person. So you have to ask, if he is endorsing this type of thing, what kind of spirit is he operating under?

I would say Sid was speaking only about what was documented about Smith Wigglesworth. The Video did not provide the context this was more of what seems to be an example of what most agree is foolishness and does not speak for the Biblical application found in 1cor 12 through 14. it is easier to post videos than to deal with what is in the word of God pertaining to the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Mar 28, 2016
Man am i glad that was nowhere around me when i got the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.

The other kind of cessationist has a lot to unlearn. . . . Yet for all that those who cease to hear and beleive all thing written in the law and prophet without adding their very own oral tradition and see no evil in doing so. They are identified by the phenomena of falling back. (dead slain) That helps those outside the church understand what that whole falling back thing is all about ? ( safety first they should wear helmet. Two spotters work betters than one) .They refuse to hear God and look the foundation of the law found in Isiah 28 and established in 1 Corinthians 14 22 -23 .

Note..... cessationist yet for all that they refuse to hear the word of God in all its entirety. ( add some unknown tongue and subtract some the very foundation of the doctrine of tongues.

Note..... beleivers yet for that they are not marked by falling back

Note..... God s word prophecy after the new manner promised in Joel all nation declaring( prophesying) their new tongue, the gospel .

Isaiah 28:11-13 King James Version (KJV) For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

1 Corinthians 14:20-22 King James Version (KJV) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

One a person confirms what the sign is then the rest of the doctrine of tongues falls into place .Removing all the mysterious unknowns someone added.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The other kind of cessationist has a lot to unlearn. . . . Yet for all that those who cease to hear and beleive all thing written in the law and prophet without adding their very own oral tradition and see no evil in doing so. They are identified by the phenomena of falling back. (dead slain) That helps those outside the church understand what that whole falling back thing is all about ? ( safety first they should wear helmet. Two spotters work betters than one) .They refuse to hear God and look the foundation of the law found in Isiah 28 and established in 1 Corinthians 14 22 -23 .

Note..... cessationist yet for all that they refuse to hear the word of God in all its entirety. ( add some unknown tongue and subtract some the very foundation of the doctrine of tongues.

Note..... beleivers yet for that they are not marked by falling back

Note..... God s word prophecy after the new manner promised in Joel all nation declaring( prophesying) their new tongue, the gospel .

Isaiah 28:11-13 King James Version (KJV) For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

1 Corinthians 14:20-22 King James Version (KJV) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

One a person confirms what the sign is then the rest of the doctrine of tongues falls into place .Removing all the mysterious unknowns someone added.
This is ridiculous: first you make up a wacky definition for a term that I introduced, and now you’re trying to redefine ‘cessationist’. Just accept the word for what it means to everyone else: someone who doesn’t believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are still operating.

Jul 23, 2018
You forgot to answer the questions .

Is speaking in a unknow tongue" prophecy that come from God? If its a unknown how could be a feast? How would you know its not poison/ as a false doctrine seeing it remains unknown? If it was prophecy that came after John . Is it a private revelation like that of the Catholic mystics "for members eyes only"?

Is the answer unknown and you have no idea what the wonderment is that people say fills them weekly .Filled with mysticism?

We need to identify these unknowns before we can have a understanding as to what they are and what do they confirm . The unknowns were added by as someone's private interpretation in the first place .

1 Corinthians 14:4He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

1 Corinthians 14:13Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

1 Corinthians 14:14For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

Take away the unknows as private interpretation . It makes it easy to find out what the sign truly confirms Just exactly who God is mocking with stammering lips . No unknowns.to create mystery

1 Corinthians 14:4He that speaketh in an tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

1 Corinthians 14:13Wherefore let him that speaketh in an tongue pray that he may interpret.

1 Corinthians 14:14For if I pray in an tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an tongue.

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
Around the 4th or so verse you posted it contrasts the protocol for the use of tongues in the assembly vs private prayer.

Tongues is the Holy Spirit speaking through the believer.
It is God speaking.
Interesting how the one that spoke more than anyone in tongues,PAUL, wrote most of the NT.

Could be he spoke those letters in tongues and interpreted what he spoke.

Tongues is the rhema word. God communicating with his family.
My sheep hear my voice.

corazondeldei

Apr 17, 2019
I never said I was

I said GOD has considered or made me perfect IN CHRIST.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

These are the words of scripture

At any given moment, we are in two states

Positionally in Christ, we are perfected forever (The words perfected is in the perfect tense, which in the greek means it is a completed action. This was accomplished for me at the cross. And attributed to me the moment I was saved)

Conditionally, I am in the state of “being sanctified” which means at any moment, God is working in my life to sanctify or set me apart, Because I have not yet met the state I am positionally in christ (I am a work in process)

The author of Hebrews state both of these FACTS are applicable to me at this very moment,

So I am not sure what your trying to argue here. Either you agree with these words of God or you do not.
Excuse me for hopping in. You and your group are just concerned about your own/personal salvation. It is the body of Christ that will be presented to Him as a pure virgin bride and whom He will save. Will you be or have you been presented to Him as a pure virgin bride or has He come back to save you personally?

NIV1984 Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

God gave us His only begotten Son, Jesus gave Himself FOR US and so we also ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. This is what salvation is all about. Not about SELF. God is LOVE and LOVE is not self-seeking or selfish.

NIV1984 John 4:34-38
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

NIV1984 1 Peter 1:10-12
Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

NIV1984 Hebrews 9:28
so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

NIV1984 Hebrews 11:39-40
These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

E

eternally-gratefull

Excuse me for hopping in. You and your group are just concerned about your own/personal salvation.
Pardon me for correcting you, But we are concerned for EVERYONE”S PERSONAL SALVATION. Not just out own, In fact, I am not concerned about my own salvation, I have already received it, Like paul and so many who came before me, I want to share it with the world. So they too can find what I have.

I men correct me if I am wrong, If a person, anyone, is not saved, What else matters? They are headed to hell no matter what they do in this lifetime.

We ALL should be first and foremost concerned with everyones personal salvation, Is this not the first and greatest commission, To go and make disciples of all nations?

What is a disciple apart from salvation? A lost disciple who needs saved.

If you can not get this basic fact straight, and we can not get this resolved. Then where are we left.

So since your FIRST premise is wrong, How can you expect everything else you said in this post to be relevant?

It is sad that certain people in this very thread (a thread which has to do with salvation or lack of more than it does tongues) are so quick to judge, and so wrong in what they think (about others)

Can you show some humility to realise your mistake, Or will you also continue to deny and continue to do what others in this thread has done? (Continue to base your whole premise on the lie that you believe about others?

I pray for humility and understanding.

E

eternally-gratefull

Receiving the Holy Ghost as they did in the book of Acts, we need to repent, find a church that baptizes full immersion into the water having the NAME of Jesus pronounced over us, and be filled with the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues.
This is the OP. And the premise of this thread. That unless you have been baptised in water, and you speak in tongues, You do not have the HS. (Ie your not saved)

This thread is not about tongues, It is about the premise that unless you DO speak in tongues, after baptism in water, Your not saved.

Dec 12, 2013
Lol
Mat 25 is a vivid,vivid picture of that.
It is hilarious reading the cunning modifications needed by cessationists to make oil and virgins into reinvented components that have virgins as sinners and oil as who knows what.

What do you think sampson LOST?

You're way off friend.
Sure.....keep dreaming....you and your pals will find out soon enough......

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
This is the OP. And the premise of this thread. That unless you have been baptised in water, and you speak in tongues, You do not have the HS. (Ie your not saved)

This thread is not about tongues, It is about the premise that unless you DO speak in tongues, after baptism in water, Your not saved.
and that premise is totally unsupported, scripturally.

corazondeldei

Apr 17, 2019
Pardon me for correcting you, But we are concerned for EVERYONE”S PERSONAL SALVATION. Not just out own, In fact, I am not concerned about my own salvation, I have already received it, Like paul and so many who came before me, I want to share it with the world. So they too can find what I have.

I men correct me if I am wrong, If a person, anyone, is not saved, What else matters? They are headed to hell no matter what they do in this lifetime.

We ALL should be first and foremost concerned with everyones personal salvation, Is this not the first and greatest commission, To go and make disciples of all nations?

What is a disciple apart from salvation? A lost disciple who needs saved.

If you can not get this basic fact straight, and we can not get this resolved. Then where are we left.

So since your FIRST premise is wrong, How can you expect everything else you said in this post to be relevant?

It is sad that certain people in this very thread (a thread which has to do with salvation or lack of more than it does tongues) are so quick to judge, and so wrong in what they think (about others)

Can you show some humility to realise your mistake, Or will you also continue to deny and continue to do what others in this thread has done? (Continue to base your whole premise on the lie that you believe about others?

I pray for humility and understanding.
NIV1984 John 8:31-32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

NIV1984 Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.

NIV1984 Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you BELIEVE and are JUSTIFIED, and it is with your mouth that you CONFESS and are SAVED.

NIV1984 Matthew 12:34-37
You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

NIV1984 1 John 2:3-6
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, GOD'S LOVE is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

NIV1984 Romans 3:3-4
What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God’s faithfulness? Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: “So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.”

NIV1984 Galatians 6:7-9
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

So as not to divert this thread to another, do you believe that speaking in tongues is good or not?

Again, I am not a Pentecostal and I fellowship with my family who attend the G12 born again congregation. I believe that no certain congregation is the true church but it is possible that in every Christian congregation there are true believers that belong to the spiritual body of Christ which is one spiritual body that BELIEVES, SERVES and WORSHIPS one true God and Lord through the power and guidance of the One Holy Spirit in the spirit of LOVE.

So no more boastings about self and blamings that cause divisions but let our LOVE be sincere, "hate what is evil and cling to what is good just as it is written in the book of Isaiah;

NIV1984 Isaiah 5:20-24
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

And Paul said;

NIV1984 1 Timothy 6:3-5
Love of Money If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

"Let's not go beyond what is written."

"No deceiver would truly teach obedience to God and no true Christian would ever teach DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD."

To God be the glory.

E

eternally-gratefull

NIV1984 John 8:31-32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

NIV1984 Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.

NIV1984 Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you BELIEVE and are JUSTIFIED, and it is with your mouth that you CONFESS and are SAVED.

NIV1984 Matthew 12:34-37
You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

NIV1984 1 John 2:3-6
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, GOD'S LOVE is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

NIV1984 Romans 3:3-4
What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God’s faithfulness? Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: “So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.”

NIV1984 Galatians 6:7-9
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

So as not to divert this thread to another, do you believe that speaking in tongues is good or not?

Again, I am not a Pentecostal and I fellowship with my family who attend the G12 born again congregation. I believe that no certain congregation is the true church but it is possible that in every Christian congregation there are true believers that belong to the spiritual body of Christ which is one spiritual body that BELIEVES, SERVES and WORSHIPS one true God and Lord through the power and guidance of the One Holy Spirit in the spirit of LOVE.

So no more boastings about self and blamings that cause divisions but let our LOVE be sincere, "hate what is evil and cling to what is good just as it is written in the book of Isaiah;

NIV1984 Isaiah 5:20-24
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

And Paul said;

NIV1984 1 Timothy 6:3-5
Love of Money If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

"Let's not go beyond what is written."

"No deceiver would truly teach obedience to God and no true Christian would ever teach DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD."

To God be the glory.
No true believer would ever teach obedience will get them saved, Because they know the fact that no amount of obedience would ever be enough to make up for the sins they have already committed, let alone the ones they will.

No true believer will ever teach it is ok to sin. Or disobedience

I do not teach either.

Your slander is about to place you in my prayer bin, I do not give liars an audience, if you wish to continue you can go find someone else to try to lie about.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Born Again Speaking in Tongues and I hope this will clarify a few things...

Receiving the Holy Ghost as they did in the book of Acts, we need to repent, find a church that baptizes full immersion into the water having the NAME of Jesus pronounced over us, and be filled with the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues.

Note, receiving the Holy Ghost can be before or after water baptism but never before repentance.

Now, this initial speaking in tongues is NOT the gift of tongues a stated in 1Corinthians 12, it is the SOUND that Jesus spoke of in his conversation with Nicodemus...

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[8] The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

When they were filled with the Holy Ghost in Acts chapter 2, they ALL spoke in tongues...

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

When God created all that was created he made a parallel between what is spirit and what is the natural.
When a woman is in the hospital birthing room the baby is born and begins to cry, and we know there is movement, there is sound, there is life.

When we are baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues, as it is with the New Testament Church in Acts, we know there is movement, there is sound, there is LIFE, a baby in the church womb is just birthed forth, and is now Born Again, born of Spirit!

The initial tongues is like having a car...

Although the car has power windows, power locks and radio, none of that is of any use without the battery under the hood. When we get the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues, it is like getting the battery and, now that we have the Holy Ghost the Bible way, we are now candidates to receive and use the power windows, power locks and radio as stated in 1Corinthians 12.

-Thank you.
Scripturally speaking, your argument is pretty weak.
You are associating being fill with the Spirit with being born again. They are not the same event, though they can be accomplished at the same time.
Also, the part in John 3:5, that talks about the water and Spirit, I believe, is the blood of Jesus, which further breaks down to be, the word of God with the Spirit of God giving it life.

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter [of the law] killeth [punishes], but the spirit giveth life [to the word of God or the gospel of Jesus Christ].

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Joh 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger [Jesus' flesh is bread/meet of life]; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst [Jesus' blood is drink].

Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

When a person dies, the blood separates into blood and water.
The life spoken of in the bible is referring to A spirit/seed of and from THE SPIRIT of GOD.

Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me [shall never thirst], as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
I'm SAYING it's getting OLD that the same conversation with a majority of the SAME people are saying the SAME thing and getting NOWHERE. Has ANYONE involved in ANY of the tongue threads had a change in their point of view (on either side for/against)?
The same can be said about every subject.
Just about everyone goes into these discussions with preconceived beliefs and doctrines, even arguing about subjects they know little to nothing about, nor ever sought God on.
Not caring about learning the truth, only what they were taught by their church.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Not caring about learning the truth, only what they were taught by their church.
Actually as a genuine Spirit-filled Pentecostal speaking in tongues Christian I am directly taught by the Spirit of truth who dwells
within me.
And I also enjoy being taught much by the gifts of prophecy at our meetings wherein God does speak to his church.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Scripturally speaking, your argument is pretty weak.
You are associating being fill with the Spirit with being born again. They are not the same event, though they can be accomplished at the same time.
Also, the part in John 3:5, that talks about the water and Spirit, I believe, is the blood of Jesus, which further breaks down to be, the word of God with the Spirit of God giving it life.

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter [of the law] killeth [punishes], but the spirit giveth life [to the word of God or the gospel of Jesus Christ].

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me [shall never thirst], as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Very clear and true that it is the word of God and the Holy Spirit is the agency of being born twice. A second birth is by Spirit and his word, the gospel of salvation.

Ephesians 1;13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Actually as a genuine Spirit-filled Pentecostal speaking in tongues Christian I am directly taught by the Spirit of truth who dwells
within me.
And I also enjoy being taught much by the gifts of prophecy at our meetings wherein God does speak to his church.
I hope that you are a genuine Christian. You do not exhibit scriptural fidelity on the matter of soteriology and hold many questionable practices but it remains possible that you have been converted by grace and simply overcome by the weeds and thorns of unsound discipleship.

Mt 13:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I care not for your ad hominems
Prophecy surpasses all your unbelief and nonsense.
If you will not receive the word of God you do not have prophecy. The word of God is profitable for correction and instruction unto righteousness.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

For the cause of Christ
Roger